War on Women takes toll on Obama/approval down to 41%

Don't you love it how Republicans will take a poll right before the positive jobs numbers come out, when gas prices have just spiked, and ask people if they are happy about it. But what about after the positive jobs report came out? Ask now!

Gallup Daily tracking reveals that Americans' confidence in the economy increased Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after the government report came out.

And even if people aren't thrilled with Obama, that doesn't mean they are going to vote for Romney.

Don't you love it how Republicans will take a poll right before the positive jobs numbers come out, when gas prices have just spiked, and ask people if they are happy about it. But what about after the positive jobs report came out? Ask now!

Gallup Daily tracking reveals that Americans' confidence in the economy increased Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after the government report came out.

And even if people aren't thrilled with Obama, that doesn't mean they are going to vote for Romney.

A lot of people are still out of work, Sealy

All this proves is that these polls with a so called 3% margain of error are bogus. Because the fact is, most people are pro choice.

So all this poll shows is that they are calling more Republicans than they are Democrats.

Democrats don't have land lines. Or, are they calling into the City of Detroit? Becha they are not.

All this proves is that these polls with a so called 3% margain of error are bogus. Because the fact is, most people are pro choice.

So all this poll shows is that they are calling more Republicans than they are Democrats.

Democrats don't have land lines. Or, are they calling into the City of Detroit? Becha they are not.

Democrats don't have land lines, really?
Hmmm, I'm worried about my nephew...he dosen't have a landline.

Deceptive titles again gramps?
Where was the war on women in that link?

Nothing deceptive about it. It's my perception of why he is suddenly tanking. Gas prices have been high for some time. What is new however and is timed perfectly with his big drop in the polls is his proclaimed war on women.

Both time lines match. New war on women gains major publicity while at the same time Obamas poll numbers tank.

Now how about that article/thread on here about women switching to Obama in droves?

Yes deceptive.

Oh, that expains the sudden 5% drop.

*sarcasm off*

Nothing deceptive about it. It's my perception of why he is suddenly tanking. Gas prices have been high for some time. What is new however and is timed perfectly with his big drop in the polls is his proclaimed war on women.

Both time lines match. New war on women gains major publicity while at the same time Obamas poll numbers tank.

Now how about that article/thread on here about women switching to Obama in droves?

Yes deceptive.

*sarcasm off*
As women flock to Obama, GOP looks to shut the door behind them | The People's View

An AP-GfK poll conducted Feb. 16-20 showed that on overall approval Obama has gained 10 percentage points among women since December, from 43 percent to 53 percent, even though his administration seemed to stumble over whether religious employers should be forced to pay for contraception.

As GOP Primary Continues, More Women Approve Of Obama | Care2 Causes
According to Politico, the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal polling show women are flocking to Obama in the wake of the Republican party’s war on women. “Obama has gained support among white and suburban women. In both groups, the president is up to a 45 percent approval rating from 40 percent in December. Overall among women, approval for the president rose to 54 percent versus 40 percent disapproval. In December, both his overall approval and disapproval among women were 47 percent.”

Women Returning to Democratic Party, Poll Finds
A Democratic polling memo released yesterday found that women, who voted for President Bush last year in large numbers, have begun migrating back to their traditional home in the Democratic Party as the public's agenda has shifted from homeland security and terrorism to domestic concerns such as jobs and the economy.
The memo, released by Lake Snell Perry Mermin & Associates Inc., found women picked unnamed Democratic congressional candidates over Republicans by a 13-point margin.

Yes deceptive.

*sarcasm off*
As women flock to Obama, GOP looks to shut the door behind them | The People's View

An AP-GfK poll conducted Feb. 16-20 showed that on overall approval Obama has gained 10 percentage points among women since December, from 43 percent to 53 percent, even though his administration seemed to stumble over whether religious employers should be forced to pay for contraception.

According to Politico, the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal polling show women are flocking to Obama in the wake of the Republican party’s war on women. “Obama has gained support among white and suburban women. In both groups, the president is up to a 45 percent approval rating from 40 percent in December. Overall among women, approval for the president rose to 54 percent versus 40 percent disapproval. In December, both his overall approval and disapproval among women were 47 percent.”

A Democratic polling memo released yesterday found that women, who voted for President Bush last year in large numbers, have begun migrating back to their traditional home in the Democratic Party as the public's agenda has shifted from homeland security and terrorism to domestic concerns such as jobs and the economy.
The memo, released by Lake Snell Perry Mermin & Associates Inc., found women picked unnamed Democratic congressional candidates over Republicans by a 13-point margin.

Problem is Obama's poll numbers are dropping. That is what this thread is about. Not Republicans v. Demcrats.

Obama is losing the female vote plain and simple.

WTF are you going on about? This is a NYTimes poll not a republican one. This poll is from YOUR SIDE.

*sarcasm off*

Problem is Obama's poll numbers are dropping. That is what this thread is about. Not Republicans v. Demcrats.

Obama is losing the female vote plain and simple.
yup according to all those polls he is totally losing the woman vote.......... errrr what a min.....

some polls show him up, some polls show him down. what is new?

the average of all the polls shows:
46.6 Approval
47.8 Disapproval.

not exactly a glaring difference.

This thread isn't a public toilet people. Please try to act your ages.
says the guy whos signature claims liberalism is a disease :lol:

True but I was referring to all the name calling and personal insults. Sometimes we act like a bunch of tweens. I'm guilty of it as well. I just didn't want to see this thread end up in the flame zone.

Well the Flukie is right about one thing..

Even being called a Cxxt, won't stop some women..

As for her (fluke), I'm already yawning..

her 15 minuets are up already...:lol:

For all their best efforts, 80% of Americans don't think they are better off than they were four years ago.

A Mere 80% Say They’re Not Better Off Than Four Years Ago - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Ouch, you know that's gotta hurt.

Damn GW Bush. He's the reason for this. If you want things to get better, just re elect Obama, he'll work on it this time....really.

We were bleeding 7 million jobs when Bush was in office. You guys said things were fine and to elect McCain.

We are not adding 300,000 jobs a month with Obama. You want to elect Romney? To go back to bleeding 7 million jobs? That is what he did at Bain Capital. Why would you want to go back to that?

And we would be adding much more than 300,000 jobs a month if it weren't for all the Paul Ryan/House GOP cuts. No investing in America? That is your solution? And have corporations pay zero taxes and starve our government?

Oh, and don't you dare cry that the jobs coming back are only paying $10 hr. Don't you fucking dare! Because it was you that cried they were making too much. Remember $35 hr for pushing a broom? Well fuck you guys! You went along with the idea that the American middle class makes too much. Are you rich? If not, fuck you! And you don't think this has hurt you? Hell, just look at what the GOP did to your home and 401K. FUCK YOU! Most GOP Middle class voters are hung up one one wedge issue. One issue voters are dangerous. They will vote against their own financial interests over shit like abortion or gay marriage. Fuck YOU!

What do you do for a living?

For all their best efforts, 80% of Americans don't think they are better off than they were four years ago.

A Mere 80% Say They’re Not Better Off Than Four Years Ago - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Ouch, you know that's gotta hurt.

Damn GW Bush. He's the reason for this. If you want things to get better, just re elect Obama, he'll work on it this time....really.

We were bleeding 7 million jobs when Bush was in office. You guys said things were fine and to elect McCain.

We are not adding 300,000 jobs a month with Obama. You want to elect Romney? To go back to bleeding 7 million jobs? That is what he did at Bain Capital. Why would you want to go back to that?

And we would be adding much more than 300,000 jobs a month if it weren't for all the Paul Ryan/House GOP cuts. No investing in America? That is your solution? And have corporations pay zero taxes and starve our government?

Oh, and don't you dare cry that the jobs coming back are only paying $10 hr. Don't you fucking dare! Because it was you that cried they were making too much. Remember $35 hr for pushing a broom? Well fuck you guys! You went along with the idea that the American middle class makes too much. Are you rich? If not, fuck you! And you don't think this has hurt you? Hell, just look at what the GOP did to your home and 401K. FUCK YOU! Most GOP Middle class voters are hung up one one wedge issue. One issue voters are dangerous. They will vote against their own financial interests over shit like abortion or gay marriage. Fuck YOU!

What do you do for a living?

Are you having a mini Pube meltdown, Sealy? Calm down dude...are you calm? Now show me the link where you claimed that I cried about how much somebody was making. Stay calm and just produce it, ok?

Now....for what do I do for a living. Well, I walk the dogs down by the river, I do a lot of fishing in the summer time. I snowblow a lot of snow in the neighborhood in the winter time. I do travel quite a bit visiting friends and family. I also try and make life miserable for hacks like you. I guess that's what I do for a living. :razz:

New Polls Show Obama Approval Rating Remains Steady

Although two polls released Monday suggested that President Barack Obama's approval rating might be dropping, several surveys released Tuesday and Wednesday have found that rating remains steady.

A new Pew poll, released Wednesday morning, found approval of Obama at 50 percent and disapproval at 41 percent. That's slightly better than Pew's February poll, when the firm found his approval rating at 47 percent and his disapproval rating at 43 percent. The improvement was within the poll's 3 percentage point margin of error.

An Ipsos/Reuters poll, released Tuesday evening, also found 50 percent of respondents said they approved of Obama, while 48 percent said they disapproved. That's essentially unchanged from the last Ipsos/Reuters poll in early February, when a survey found 48 percent approved of Obama's performance and 49 percent disapproved.

A Bloomberg survey, also released Tuesday evening, found Obama's approval at 48 percent and his disapproval at 47 percent. The survey was Bloomberg's first since last year.

HuffPost Pollster's trend estimate of all public polls currently finds Obama's approval rating at 47.5 percent and his disapproval rating at 47.8 percent. To see more surveys on the president's approval rating, his performance against Republican contenders and more, visit the HuffPost Election Dashboard.

Forum List

Back