War on Islam or Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by CrimsonWhite, Apr 25, 2006.

?

What kind of war are we fighting?

Poll closed May 9, 2006.
  1. War on Terrorism

52.9%
  2. War on Islam

29.4%
  3. Islam and Terrorism are mutually exclusive, in this day and age.

17.6%
  1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Is the war we are fighting a war on terror or a war on Islam? Please post your answers and reasonings.

2. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    We are waging a war on Islam. We can candy coat this all we want to and President Bush can call it a "War on Terror." The fact remains that if the Muslim world isn't shown that we will respond then they will keep attacking the 'infidels' on their quest for a 1000 virgins. We need better tactics and better direction, but the war is necessary. I don't feel that Islam should be erradicated, just beat decisively.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Well, at least you're honest. ;) :flameth:

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Since all the terrorists we're fighting seem to be Muslim, I would call it a war on militant Islam.

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    if it is a war on islam why are we not blowing up mosques? why are we nopt bombing mecca? why are we going out of our way to respect the religious beliefs of those we have in military prisions by giving them koran's and allowing prayer and food preferances?

if it was a religous war, we would be exterminating them just as i belive richard I did during the crusades.

6. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Historically inaccurate, Richard only fought in a single crusade, died on the return journey. He did not exterminate Muslims, in fact he brokered a peace treaty with them which allowed the muslims to maintain control of Jerusalem, but also protected the rights of christian pilgrims to vist that holy city.

As to the subject, I am in full agreement with manu. It would be foolish to go to war with Islam as a whole. Last time I checked they made up approximately one fifth of the worlds population.

7. I_Love_America!

I_Love_America! Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Did you mean "Mutually Inclusive," rather than "Mutually Exclusive?"

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Use the quote button at bottom right of the reply form. Then we know who you are 'speaking to.' Thank you.

9. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I don't believe we as Americans have of yet, and many on this board also, acknowleged that this is indeed a war with Islam. The terrorists are merely continuing that which is a historical precedent of Islam, namely, expansion of their religion through violence. Granted, Mohammed and his followers after his death, used organized military war as a method of extending the reach of Islam, but today is a difference merely in method not in motive.
    The terrorists are Islamic are they not? The terrorists extol Islam, it's laws and practices, and proclaim to be killing "infidels" in the name of Islam? This is a fact. Furthermore the terrorists desire to bring down the West, including enemy number one to them The United States, because we are not Islam or believe differently. That is fact.

When was the last time you saw Islamic people protesting the terrorists use of violence against the West? Answer? It is also a fact that by not condemning or attempting to stop terrorism against the West that Islam is endorsing terrorism. It is the current means of extending Islam and destroying Christians and Jews. Islam cannot win a conventional war with the West, the United States in particular, so they resort to terrorism as their weapon of choice.

It is difficult for the Western countries to grasp and politically incorrect to state that Islam itself is the enemy but that's where we are. The fundamentalist portion of Islam, by far the largest and most violent, desires a return to the 7th century and the destruction of those, i.e. the West, that stand in its way.
    Until we really face up to what is happening we will be fighting a piecemeal conflict into the forseeable future. We in the West, and of course first and foremost we Americans, must make it clear that not only do we intend to remain Christian, but that we will fight them to the death to maintain our faith and our culture.

The greatest act we as Americans can contribute to this will be the weaning of the United States from the Arab/Islamic teat of oil. The backwards bastards think they have us over a barrel (At $75.00 a barrel of oil they do) and they believe us to be weak liars with no faith or morals. So we MUST rid ourselves of any dependence, and with effort and forsight, any importation of oil from Islamic countries. When we accomplish that we can begin the real fight against Islam. As long as we appear as nothing but a preening, self indulgent people, who will lie down with dogs merely to quench our thirst for Islamic oil, we are in a no win situation. We MUST become energy independent and that is the first step to defeating Islam. Without the sword of Islamic oil embargos over our heads, and the subsequent presence of Americans and Westerners in the region because of oil, the enemy of Islam has no teeth. Removed of its ability to harm the West through oil embargo coupled with the lack of Westerners in the region to terrorize cuts the rug out (yikes a pun) from underneath the threats from Islam.
    Islam is on the march. We are its targets. Until we come to grips with the reality of the situation we will continue fighting terrorism as if it had no base to support it. It's base is Islam. It's goal is the capitulation and absorbtion of the West and Christendom. To act as if terrorism has no conection to the religion it expounds and relies on for its capital in blood and money welcomes our ultimate destruction.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Nope I said it right. I know what it means.