War on Christmas Time!!

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
What stories have you seen concerning the war on christmas. Also, who side are you on!!

Bring relavent stories about the demise(or preservation) of christmas here. The funnier, the better!!

Christmas is already dead. It's now Retailmas with a man in a bright red suit and his Elves as the MC.

I heard someone say "Happy Holidays" to me today. Now I know how Jesus felt on the cross, the way we are persecuted in America makes me cringe. How dare they use more inclusive language to recognise other holidays during the season.

It is just silly, a perfect example of the persecution complex within christianity.

When was the last time you seen a non-christian throw a fit because someone said merry christmas? This is really only an issue to a loud minority of christians and a few obnoxious anti-theists. Most americans don't give a shit and appreciate the well-wishing regardless of the phrasing.

I heard someone say "Happy Holidays" to me today. Now I know how Jesus felt on the cross, the way we are persecuted in America makes me cringe. How dare they use more inclusive language to recognise other holidays during the season.

It is just silly, a perfect example of the persecution complex within christianity.

When was the last time you seen a non-christian throw a fit because someone said merry christmas? This is really only an issue to a loud minority of christians and a few obnoxious anti-theists. Most americans don't give a shit and appreciate the well-wishing regardless of the phrasing.

Holidays came from "Holy Days".

What stories have you seen concerning the war on christmas. Also, who side are you on!!

Bring relavent stories about the demise(or preservation) of christmas here. The funnier, the better!!

I heard a story, not so funny, that Xmas is so under attack that stores like Mal-Wart are forced to make their employees come to work on Thanksgiving Day as the beleaguered holiday is forced to wait until the night of the previous national holiday to begin its reign which is down to a paltry six weeks encompassing parts of only three of the twelve months.

I'm on the side of (a) being amused at the idea that there's a "war on Christmas" and (b) against businesses like Mal-Wart forcing their employees come to work on a national family-centred holiday.

Funny I don't hear Fox Noise whining about the War on Thanksgiving...

This war on Christmas has gone too far.

$santa being beaten.jpg

If you don't believe in Santa and Baby Jesus, you should be on the naughty list.

Especially since both really existed.

Watch it, Mister. :mad:

I won't idly stand by and watch as you place the historicity of St. Nicholas on par with that of Jesus Christ! After all, there's a body of legitimate evidence that Jolly Ol' St. Nick actually existed. :D

And he [St. Nicholas] believed in Jesus. :D

True, but I suppose it should come as no surprise, that the true historical figure on whom the legend of Santa Claus was based ...placed a great deal of importance on fairy tales. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back