War On Christmas Deniers

You choose the Bible. These two people choose the Koran, That Hindu guy chooses the Bhagavad Gita. The Buddhists have their scriptures. Joe likes the writings of Immanuel Kant. Sam likes utilitarianism. The origins for my philosophy come primarily from the early writers of libertarian view.

Yeah, and each has a different belief in what is right and wrong, Einstein. You chose a philosophy book since lucky you, someone bled to give you a free and advanced society to be born into. And the fact that you base your beliefs on something void of conviction is quite evident.

I’m sorry to disappoint you but you are not the ultimate decider on who is right and who is wrong. This conversation is going nowhere. It is just turning into a childish exchange of “You are wrong” and “No. You are wrong”. Just keep thinking that you are right.

Never said I was. Conversations with you don't go anywhere because you're a delusional fool.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the religious right and conservatives my be bad for America. After all, in the early days if America, it was the radical liberals who revolted against British rule. No. You probably never considered such things. Stay safely tucked away in your shell.

What's your point? You aren't a radical liberal. I wouldn't go that far to insult libs.

The people who founded this nation were about as liberal as I am. They were people willing to fight to keep their money from being screwed with by an unseen government. Sounds like conservatives to me.

And yeah, it's occurred to me that the religious right and conservatives might not be best for America. Then I look at the other option and that's the end of THAT.

Oh, please. What are you suffering? All that we are asking for is a little bit of recognition and respect for less popular religions. Shheesh. Can’t the schools allow a Muslim prayer once in a while? Anyway, it is pretty evident that there is establishment of religion – as far as the public school system is concerned.

Actually, no, a public school is not permitted to even allow a Muslim prayer.

People are individuals. Some individuals Use the Bible as a source for their morals and ethics. Some people use teachings from other religious books (including the Koran). Some people think about past event and derive an ethics and value system from it. Some people read about the writings of different philosophers and derive their morals from an interpretation of those people.

Again, students can be taught about ethics and morality without even being quoted something from the Bible.

You think that it is not okay to have two mommies and/or two daddies. I think that it is okay to have two mommies and/or two daddies. You have your opinion and you have a right to it and to speak it. I have my opinion and I have a right to it and to speak it. We simply agree to disagree.

It is not natural to have 2 daddies or 2 mommies. It is a biological impossibility. There are also psychological ramifications to be considered of not having exposure to parenting of each gender.

(Yes, that means I believe the single parent family to be inferior to a two parent family, all other things being equal.)

It is not natural to have 2 daddies or 2 mommies. It is a biological impossibility. There are also psychological ramifications to be considered of not having exposure to parenting of each gender.

There is a difference between a mommy and a mother. There is a difference between a daddy and a father. A mother is an egg-donor. A father is a sperm-donor. It does not take sperm to be a “real” dad and it does not take an egg to be a “real” mom. Nurture is much more important than nature in my opinion. I am not familiar with the studies done on the psychological ramifications of not having a child exposed to parents of each gender. If there are psychological differences, I think that they would be insignificant.

(Yes, that means I believe the single parent family to be inferior to a two-parent family, all other things being equal.)

Okay. Perhaps a single-parent family is inferior to a two-parent family all other things being equal. Yet things are often not equal. If a single parent family wants to adopt a child that is difficult to place in a “traditional” family, would you give the single parent a chance? Likewise, if a child that practically no married couple wants is being raised in a poor-quality orphanage but there is a fine responsible loving and committed homosexual couple wanting to adopt the child, would you give the homosexual couple a chance?

There is a difference between a mommy and a mother. There is a difference between a daddy and a father. A mother is an egg-donor. A father is a sperm-donor. It does not take sperm to be a “real” dad and it does not take an egg to be a “real” mom. Nurture is much more important than nature in my opinion. I am not familiar with the studies done on the psychological ramifications of not having a child exposed to parents of each gender. If there are psychological differences, I think that they would be insignificant.

Okay. Perhaps a single-parent family is inferior to a two-parent family all other things being equal. Yet things are often not equal. If a single parent family wants to adopt a child that is difficult to place in a “traditional” family, would you give the single parent a chance? Likewise, if a child that practically no married couple wants is being raised in a poor-quality orphanage but there is a fine responsible loving and committed homosexual couple wanting to adopt the child, would you give the homosexual couple a chance?

Are you even capable of making an argument without some BS, correlation?

As a person who was a single parent for 4 years, I can definitely say both parents being at home is superior.

I can also say as a man raising a daughter, there are just some things men can't teach girls. There's no role model for the female child to emulate.

Conversely, ever met a guy raised by just women? Most are pretty effiminate; which, whether you like it or not, stigmatizes them with a lot of society later in life.

Reality itself pretty-much destroys your argument.

‘Twas the Night Before Liberal Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Libs were all cowering like a scared little mouse;
They had lost their power, their “birthright” per se,
No purse strings they held for their own pimped out sleigh;

Their “children” were unhappy but snug in their beds,
While visions of handouts danced ‘round in their heads;
And Clinton in her mansion and Teddy in his,
Were tired of debating the meaning of “is”.

Next year is a new one, every liberal had thought,
With a new dawn they would hatch a great left wing plot!
And all of their plans dwelled on one call of which,
Would be loud, often and shrill called “Let’s tax the rich!”

But they would not forget the old standby call
“It’s all about OIL!” and “Bush lied to us ALL!”
And what in their wondering minds should appear?
But a war mom called Cindy coaxing out a faux tear.

Behind her was Howard, the man they call Dean,
The head of their party, the man with the scream.
He’ll rally the base and he’ll whip up their core,
“I HATE Republicans and all they stand for!”

“They are EVIL” and “wicked” and “steal from the poor!”
“What the Hell were you thinking in 2004!”
”To the Halls of the Congress! And to the White House!”
“Give us our power back!” he loudly did grouse.

“Library records are in the hands of his SPIES!”
“Your liberties are dying on top of his LIES!”
“So vote for us next year! On this do not fail!”
“Else George Bush and his cronies will haul you to jail!”

And then in a flash proclaimed Senator Dick
“Our Troops are like Nazis! Why won’t that charge stick?”
“Yes!” said another new loud voice from the lawn.
“Our Troops! They cannot win!” cried a small man named John.

He thought his words true and would be met with such calm
For you see once he served in a war Vietnam
With a nod of assent Dean smiled with glee
“With a platform like this I can ensure victory!”

His face lit with glee as he thought in his mind
“Screw Clinton and Kerry! This party is mine!”
“Bush is an moron!” He continued his bray
“Those lemming like liberals they’ll believe what I say!”

And then he prepared a retirement plot
To keep old people in line and show them their lot.
“We will mortgage the young to provide for the old”
“They will not have a choice! They will do as their told!”

All this was good! Truly a plan fit for a king!
And he hoped that someday he would grasp that brass ring!
Many others had tried; those others had failed
With this plan he was sure, left wing power he’d nailed!

In horror Clinton she sat up with a bolt,
“A dream of Dean’s power? That man is a dolt!”
Absolute power was her’s by hook or by crook
She’d call in a favor. He’d be dead with a look!

So with comfort her head laid back down on her bed
The joy of her power flushed her cheeks oh so red!
But in the distance a man he screamed from afar
“I rule this roost and my bite is worse than my RAAHR!"

J.J. Jackson is the owner and Lead Editor of American Conservative Politics - The Land of the Free (http://www.thelandofthefree.net) and American Conservative Daily (http://www.americanconservativedaily.com). He is also the owner of American Infidel T-shirts (http://www.cafepress.com/americaneagle04).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=J.J._Jackson

Are you even capable of making an argument without some BS, correlation?

As a person who was a single parent for 4 years, I can definitely say both parents being at home is superior.

I can also say as a man raising a daughter, there are just some things men can't teach girls. There's no role model for the female child to emulate.

Conversely, ever met a guy raised by just women? Most are pretty effiminate; which, whether you like it or not, stigmatizes them with a lot of society later in life.

Reality itself pretty-much destroys your argument.

Thank you, Gunny, for stating my point so well.

Thank you, Gunny, for stating my point so well.

LOL. Whatever. Where is the statistical objective research? He never even answered my question about whether or not he would allow a good heterosexual couple to adopt an unwanted child from a bad orphanage.

LOL. Whatever. Where is the statistical objective research? He never even answered my question about whether or not he would allow a good heterosexual couple to adopt an unwanted child from a bad orphanage.

I have no problem with a good heterosexual couple adopting an unwanted child from an orphanage, good or bad.

The statistical objective research, as you call it, is my life. I lived it every day. I see the results every day.

You usually have generally screwed-up viewpoints about everything, but this one's even moreso. You can blow all the smoke you want, but until you actually raise a child/children and/or until you raise one by yourself, that's all you're doing .... blowing smoke. I've got the "been there done that" t-shirt on this one, and the millions of emotional scars that go with it.

I have no problem with a good heterosexual couple adopting an unwanted child from an orphanage, good or bad.

The statistical objective research, as you call it, is my life. I lived it every day. I see the results every day.

You usually have generally screwed-up viewpoints about everything, but this one's even moreso. You can blow all the smoke you want, but until you actually raise a child/children and/or until you raise one by yourself, that's all you're doing .... blowing smoke. I've got the "been there done that" t-shirt on this one, and the millions of emotional scars that go with it.

Ooops. I meant to say: He never even answered my question about whether or not he would allow a good homosexual couple to adopt an unwanted child from a bad orphanage.

Sample size of 1 – yourself coupled with selection bias. Real scientific. LOL. In all likelihood the homosexual families that do well don’t reach the headlines in the media.

Following your logic - If you have never served in war, you can’t decide if we should go to war. If that is the case, perhaps Kerry should have been commander in chief. Nice try.

Liberal Larry's Christmas Survival Tips
Four shopping days left until the Winter Solstice, and despite our best efforts to suck every last ounce of joy out of the holiday season there are still some Christians out there who insist on turning Christmas into one big religious hoorah. It’s therefore incumbent upon us as progressives to take whatever steps necessary to not only protect the sacred Wall Between Church and State from such proselytizing fanatics, but our impressionable children from the soft bigotry of Christian imagery.

So before I crawl under the sink for the remainder of the holiday, I’d like to leave you with a few quick tips that will help defend you and yours against the cultural disease known as Christmas.

• When distributing free condoms and gay pride literature outside your local elementary school, educate the little tots abot how the bourgeois concept of “Santa Claus” is merely a construct of the global capitalist plutocracy to exploit the primitive social-psychological consumptive impulses of the sheeplike masses. Oh, and the Easter Bunny killed their mommy.

• You’ll be the life of the holiday party while making a powerful political statement if you whack yourself in the knee with a ballpein hammer and scream like a girl whenever someone mentions “Christmas”.

• Insenstive holiday yard displays are infuriating at best, but their sting is lessened if all cultures are equally represented. As an acknowledgment that we live in a big, multicultural village, demand your neighbors place the severed head of an infidel next to their plastic nativity scenes.

• Progressives have made great strides in silencing the infamous Salvation Army bell ringers, but they still smile and offer you warm wishes for the holiday season. Contact your local chapter of the ACLU to see what can be done to stop them. Nothing cures a case of yuletide cheer like a well-crafted harassment lawsuit.

• For many Americans, Christmas is a time to reunite with family members and loved ones. But for others, it’s just another reminder of their lonely, fruitless existence. That’s not really a tip. It’s just something I needed to get off my chest.

• Four words: Boogers in the Eggnog.

• Christmas isn’t only about Baby Jesus. Refuse to reward carolers with any tofu or soymilk until they honor MARKAZHI POOJ with a recital of the Thiruvembavai . Offer to provide the traditional brightly painted squirrels.

• Inflatable Frosty ain’t so tuff. Show him who’s boss!

Ciao!

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

Liberal Larry's Christmas Survival Tips
Four shopping days left until the Winter Solstice, and despite our best efforts to suck every last ounce of joy out of the holiday season there are still some Christians out there who insist on turning Christmas into one big religious hoorah. It’s therefore incumbent upon us as progressives to take whatever steps necessary to not only protect the sacred Wall Between Church and State from such proselytizing fanatics, but our impressionable children from the soft bigotry of Christian imagery....http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/
I've never heard of this guy. Is he for real or is this a satire site going to the extremes to illustrate how nutty some people are? I don't doubt that there are liberals this fucking loony out there but it's hard to tell if it's serious or mocking now a days. If he's for real he's just as nutty as that evil fucktard Fred Phelps over at www.godhatesfags.com.

Ooops. I meant to say: He never even answered my question about whether or not he would allow a good homosexual couple to adopt an unwanted child from a bad orphanage.

Nope.

Sample size of 1 – yourself coupled with selection bias. Real scientific. LOL. In all likelihood the homosexual families that do well don’t reach the headlines in the media.

You would be incorrect, as usual. There's a huge network of support groups for single parents out there. My opinions are based on my experience, and the experiences of others who were in the same boat.

I will also point out that I have at no time represented my experience and/or opinion as anything more than my experience and/or opinion. That would be in contrast to your always representing your opinion as fact and/or logic; which, clearly, you are the farthest thing from.

Following your logic - If you have never served in war, you can’t decide if we should go to war. If that is the case, perhaps Kerry should have been commander in chief. Nice try.

I guess you just can't help but make irrelevant comparisons while taking what is stated out of context. You expressed an opinion based on complete ignorance. I countered with an opinion based on several years experience.

It isn't your lack of experience that disqualifies your opinion ... it's your continual intellectual dishonesty that does.

Stolen Baby Jesus 'Annual Phenomenon'
Posted by Warner Todd Huston on December 24, 2006 - 01:35.
It is unfortunate that Nativity scene figures are the target of theft and vandals across this country each year during the Christmas holiday. As this ignorant crime increases from year to year, it shows the lack of respect that too many Americans have developed for their neighbors as well as a failed respect for private property.

Let's face it. The people who do such things are jerks. It's just that simple.

But, on a lighter note, The Hartford Courant employed an interesting choice of words in their story on the recent several thefts of Nativity Scene figures across Southington, Conn.

After giving space to Church goers reacting with outrage over these mean-spirited, and pointless thefts, Courant staff writer, Ken Byron pulls this sentence out from his "professional journalism" bag 'o tricks:

The theft of baby Jesus from Nativity scenes is something police around the state and the nation have seen, and some say it is an annual phenomenon.

(emphasis mine)

Do they now, Kenny? An "annual phenomenon", ya say?

Are ya saying, Kenny my friend, that they don't steal the baby Jesus year round? That they are only doing it on an "annual" basis? And only during the Christmas season, at that? Is the Baby Jesus safe on Halloween or Thanksgiving, do ya think?

Astounding! You have informed us so well, Kenny. We are grateful for your insight.

But, here is a little news flash for ya, Kenny. Of course it would be an "annual phenomenon". Christmas only comes ONCE a YEAR!

"Annual phenomenon", indeed.

See, folks? This is the kind of professionalism that our friend at the Opinion Journal, Joseph Rago, was talkin' about when he was pontificating on how bloggers just aren't of high enough caliber to be a real, honest to goodness journalist working for the MSM!

Why, no stupid blogger sitting in his pajamas and banging away at his keyboard like a monkey at play could have come up with the "news" that stolen Nativity figures might be an "annual phenomenon".

Halp uz, Josiph Ragoo, we r stuck hear on r blogs

And, unfortunately, thanks, to Ken Byron for making this story of America's declining respect for private property and for our neighbors just a bit ridiculous with your remarks.

Merry Christmas, to all NewsBusters readers from me, Warner Todd Huston.

http://newsbusters.org/node/9814

New Topics

Forum List

Back