War of the Worlds, and Northfolk

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Saw both this weekend. Cruise has done much better in other film endeavors. The daughter could be pushed off a cliff and nobody would miss her.

Northforlk... kind of a mind game trying to figure out where I was in the flick. Based on a true story, sort of. Had its momments,, and made me ponder a few. But I doubt I will remember much of it in six months. Too bad, Nick Nolte is a good guy,, Woods was Woods. Hannah was Hannah.

I actually liked War of the Worlds, but not for the acting or any of the dialogue, which was nothing spectacular (typical Dakotah Fanning scream fest). What I liked was the...personality...of the alien invaders. They weren't malicious, cunning, ruthless, cruel, barbaric, or any of the other evil traits given to evil aliens in movies like Independance Day or Men in Black. No, they were cold, mechanical, and methodical. They didn't strangle or eat humans because they thought it was funny. No, they liquified humans to use as fertilizer the same way we might use mulch. It was just disturbing.

Hobbit said:
I actually liked War of the Worlds, but not for the acting or any of the dialogue, which was nothing spectacular (typical Dakotah Fanning scream fest). What I liked was the...personality...of the alien invaders. They weren't malicious, cunning, ruthless, cruel, barbaric, or any of the other evil traits given to evil aliens in movies like Independance Day or Men in Black. No, they were cold, mechanical, and methodical. They didn't strangle or eat humans because they thought it was funny. No, they liquified humans to use as fertilizer the same way we might use mulch. It was just disturbing.

That's a really good assement, Hobbit.It reminds me of how humans treat bugs. :laugh:

I also like the end, nothing fancy, they just died cause they couldn't live on earth.

Said1 said:
That's a really good assement, Hobbit.It reminds me of how humans treat bugs. :laugh:

I also like the end, nothing fancy, they just died cause they couldn't live on earth.

Yeah, not only did H.G. Wells write the world's first alien invasion story, he had the balls to portray the more likely scenario...humans losing to a superior intellect and level of technology. The aliens win the War of the Worlds. They just die from lack of proper planning before they can finalize their conquest.

Forum List

Back