War In Iraq. Perfect Ignorance.

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Americans insist on perfection. Failure is not an option. From basketball to the space shuttle, Americans demand uncompromised success. Cheating is not allowed in MY America and neither is failure of objectives.

As a child I was taught that nuclear war was pretty much inevitable. "Duck and cover" was the solution to it. As an adolescent I was taught that America so substantially won WWII that future WARS involving the US would not be forthcoming. As a young man I learned that even though undeclared wars were excluded from my teachings, those wars were just as deadly and at least as wrong as I was instructed. As I grew in age, experience and awareness I learned that WAR is politically and corporately driven. As a Christian, I hold that WAR is immoral. All this can at least be tacitly excused to the concept of PERFECT IGNORANCE.

As a child I was taught that my "work" would be recognised and respectively rewarded. As an adolescent I learned that the work of my father and mother were certainly not fully appreciated by the powers that controlled the purse strings. As a young man I learned that even though I did as expected and ordered, I would be left hanging on a limb to protect the brass that ordered it in the event of a failure. As I grew in age, experience and awareness I realized that some folk are just out for themselves and to hell with me or what my predicaments or thoughts might be.

I realized that the Democratic Party, although imperfect, best represents my best interests. I fought them, the Democrats, for years. I thought the Republicans represented a business-like attitude. I didn't dream, at that time, that their ambitions at that time were to further increase my contribution to this society while lessening their own was their objective. I never dreamed that their profits came first and foremost while subjecting ME (the Republican Newcomer) to advanced and over incumbering cost and contribution to THEIR objectives and to their own profit.

I fought 4 wars for my country. 5 if you still include my service in Korea. (By the way, service in Korea still qualifies for Veterans Of Foreign Wars membership). If ordered to Afghanistan, I would still go and do my best to fight like a mad dog to root out the Taliban (by the way, they are now very much back in power there) and Osama Bin Laden and his cohorts. GWB stretched himself a little thin with me on his orders for MY colleagues to attack Iraq.

I was in Iraq for my country in 1991. I saw things I cannot speak of. I realized then the insignificance of Saddam Hussein to most Iraqi's. I realize now that the coalition (mostly American) has killed far more Iraqi's than Saddam ever did. FREEDOM or we will kill YOU. DEMOCRACY or we will kill YOU. AMERICAN BUSINESS INTERESTS or we will kill YOU. Get it?

Iraq is not and has never been in recorded history a peaceful nation. The "magic" of democracy has even failed there. I don't believe GWB has any "magic" to counter any of that. Murder is murder whether committed by a tyrant or a president. Many of them exchange nomenclature often according to their actions.

But? We lala along expecting perfection from our troops and I know they will give as close to perfection as they can. We lala along expecting our President to make intelligent decisions knowing full well he has relied on self admitted complete faulty intelligence that has cost approximately 2500 American lives and about a trillion bucks so far. We lala along in our perfect ignorance somehow supposing truth to be abstract and unnecessary.

GWB doesn't want you to see the actual horrors of war. GWB doesn't want you to see how he has contributed to the Energy Industry, the Military Industrial Complex, the telecommunications and news entities to suit his own objectives. GWB doesn't want you to see how the slanderous remarks he makes daily about his detractors are in fact slanderous and how his detractors are in fact PATRIOTIC and genuinely compassionate Americans.

Cheating is not allowed in MY America. Unfortunately, ignorance is.

Perfect Ignorance. A Republican concept they pray will forever be relevant to the peoples they rule.

Psychoblues

Well, since this is your opinion on war in general, American business specifically, the Republican party even more specifically, I'm moving this to USA chat.

You know, he does, though some plagarism was involved, have a point that we're killing just as many, maybe if not more, Iraqi citizens. What's happening to the citizens is extremely gruesome and immoral.

I present a link for everyone, though it is NOT for the faint of heart or the weak stomached. It has insight to the goings-on while presenting pictures of the victims of the Iraq war. View this at your own risk:
http://www.awitness.org/journal/real_iraq_war.html

Kagom said:
You know, he does, though some plagarism was involved, have a point that we're killing just as many, maybe if not more, Iraqi citizens. What's happening to the citizens is extremely gruesome and immoral.

I present a link for everyone, though it is NOT for the faint of heart or the weak stomached. It has insight to the goings-on while presenting pictures of the victims of the Iraq war. View this at your own risk:

Been reading your Psychoblues handbook, have you?

Collateral damage is an accepted fact of war. People dying is an accepted fact of war. When you figure out a way to get all those damned religious nutjobs to meet the US military on the open battlefield, be sure and forward your idea to the Pentagon.

The fact is, we do not target noncombatants while the terrorists do not target anyone that could possibly fight them back.

As far as the military casualties you somehow fee the need to display pics of goes, when you strap on that uniform, tap the magazine and smack it into the magazine well and send the bolt home on a live round, it ain't for a game of golf.

Kagom said:

Funny that most Iraqis disagree with you. However, the facts do not add up comparing Saddam and Coalition. That 100k number has been proven wrong, upteenth times. Oh and before you start on the 'Whitehouse site, check out the source:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/news/20030404-1.html
Fact Sheet
Past Repression and Atrocities by Saddam Hussein's Regime

For over 20 years, the greatest threat to Iraqis has been Saddam Hussein's regime -- he has killed, tortured, raped and terrorized the Iraqi people and his neighbors for over two decades.

When Iraq is free, past crimes against humanity and war crimes committed against Iraqis, will be accounted for, in a post-conflict Iraqi-led process. The United States, members of the coalition and international community will work with the Iraqi people to build a strong and credible judicial process to address these abuses.

Under Saddam's regime many hundreds of thousands of people have died as a result of his actions - the vast majority of them Muslims.

Iraq Update
# A Vision for Iraq
# President Addresses the Nation
# Why We Know Iraq is Lying

According to a 2001 Amnesty International report, "victims of torture in Iraq are subjected to a wide range of forms of torture, including the gouging out of eyes, severe beatings and electric shocks... some victims have died as a result and many have been left with permanent physical and psychological damage."

Saddam has had approximately 40 of his own relatives murdered.

Allegations of prostitution used to intimidate opponents of the regime, have been used by the regime to justify the barbaric beheading of women.

Documented chemical attacks by the regime, from 1983 to 1988, resulted in some 30,000 Iraqi and Iranian deaths.

Human Rights Watch estimates that Saddam's 1987-1988 campaign of terror against the Kurds killed at least 50,000 and possibly as many as 100,000 Kurds. o The Iraqi regime used chemical agents to include mustard gas and nerve agents in attacks against at least 40 Kurdish villages between 1987-1988. The largest was the attack on Halabja which resulted in approximately 5,000 deaths. o 2,000 Kurdish villages were destroyed during the campaign of terror.

Iraq's 13 million Shi'a Muslims, the majority of Iraq's population of approximately 22 million, face severe restrictions on their religious practice, including a ban on communal Friday prayer, and restriction on funeral processions.

According to Human Rights Watch, "senior Arab diplomats told the London-based Arabic daily newspaper al-Hayat in October [1991] that Iraqi leaders were privately acknowledging that 250,000 people were killed during the uprisings, with most of the casualties in the south." Refugees International reports that the "Oppressive government policies have led to the internal displacement of 900,000 Iraqis, primarily Kurds who have fled to the north to escape Saddam Hussein's Arabization campaigns (which involve forcing Kurds to renounce their Kurdish identity or lose their property) and Marsh Arabs, who fled the government's campaign to dry up the southern marshes for agricultural use. More than 200,000 Iraqis continue to live as refugees in Iran."

The U.S. Committee for Refugees, in 2002, estimated that nearly 100,000 Kurds, Assyrians and Turkomans had previously been expelled, by the regime, from the "central-government-controlled Kirkuk and surrounding districts in the oil-rich region bordering the Kurdish controlled north."

"Over the past five years, 400,000 Iraqi children under the age of five died of malnutrition and disease, preventively, but died because of the nature of the regime under which they are living." (Prime Minister Tony Blair, March 27, 2003) o Under the oil-for-food program, the international community sought to make available to the Iraqi people adequate supplies of food and medicine, but the regime blocked sufficient access for international workers to ensure proper distribution of these supplies. o Since the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom, coalition forces have discovered military warehouses filled with food supplies meant for the Iraqi people that had been diverted by Iraqi military forces.

The Iraqi regime has repeatedly refused visits by human rights monitors. From 1992 until 2002, Saddam prevented the UN Special Rapporteur from visiting Iraq.

The UN Special Rapporteur's September 2001, report criticized the regime for "the sheer number of executions," the number of "extrajudicial executions on political grounds," and "the absence of a due process of the law."

Executions: Saddam Hussein's regime has carried out frequent summary executions, including: o 4,000 prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison in 1984 o 3,000 prisoners at the Mahjar prison from 1993-1998 o 2,500 prisoners were executed between 1997-1999 in a "prison cleansing campaign" o 122 political prisoners were executed at Abu Ghraib prison in February/March 2000 o 23 political prisoners were executed at Abu Ghraib prison in October 2001 o At least 130 Iraqi women were beheaded between June 2000 and April 2001

Psychoblues said:
Americans insist on perfection. Failure is not an option. From basketball to the space shuttle, Americans demand uncompromised success. Cheating is not allowed in MY America and neither is failure of objectives.

As a child I was taught that nuclear war was pretty much inevitable. "Duck and cover" was the solution to it. As an adolescent I was taught that America so substantially won WWII that future WARS involving the US would not be forthcoming. As a young man I learned that even though undeclared wars were excluded from my teachings, those wars were just as deadly and at least as wrong as I was instructed. As I grew in age, experience and awareness I learned that WAR is politically and corporately driven. As a Christian, I hold that WAR is immoral. All this can at least be tacitly excused to the concept of PERFECT IGNORANCE.

As a child I was taught that my "work" would be recognised and respectively rewarded. As an adolescent I learned that the work of my father and mother were certainly not fully appreciated by the powers that controlled the purse strings. As a young man I learned that even though I did as expected and ordered, I would be left hanging on a limb to protect the brass that ordered it in the event of a failure. As I grew in age, experience and awareness I realized that some folk are just out for themselves and to hell with me or what my predicaments or thoughts might be.

I realized that the Democratic Party, although imperfect, best represents my best interests. I fought them, the Democrats, for years. I thought the Republicans represented a business-like attitude. I didn't dream, at that time, that their ambitions at that time were to further increase my contribution to this society while lessening their own was their objective. I never dreamed that their profits came first and foremost while subjecting ME (the Republican Newcomer) to advanced and over incumbering cost and contribution to THEIR objectives and to their own profit.

I fought 4 wars for my country. 5 if you still include my service in Korea. (By the way, service in Korea still qualifies for Veterans Of Foreign Wars membership). If ordered to Afghanistan, I would still go and do my best to fight like a mad dog to root out the Taliban (by the way, they are now very much back in power there) and Osama Bin Laden and his cohorts. GWB stretched himself a little thin with me on his orders for MY colleagues to attack Iraq.

I was in Iraq for my country in 1991. I saw things I cannot speak of. I realized then the insignificance of Saddam Hussein to most Iraqi's. I realize now that the coalition (mostly American) has killed far more Iraqi's than Saddam ever did. FREEDOM or we will kill YOU. DEMOCRACY or we will kill YOU. AMERICAN BUSINESS INTERESTS or we will kill YOU. Get it?

Iraq is not and has never been in recorded history a peaceful nation. The "magic" of democracy has even failed there. I don't believe GWB has any "magic" to counter any of that. Murder is murder whether committed by a tyrant or a president. Many of them exchange nomenclature often according to their actions.

But? We lala along expecting perfection from our troops and I know they will give as close to perfection as they can. We lala along expecting our President to make intelligent decisions knowing full well he has relied on self admitted complete faulty intelligence that has cost approximately 2500 American lives and about a trillion bucks so far. We lala along in our perfect ignorance somehow supposing truth to be abstract and unnecessary.

GWB doesn't want you to see the actual horrors of war. GWB doesn't want you to see how he has contributed to the Energy Industry, the Military Industrial Complex, the telecommunications and news entities to suit his own objectives. GWB doesn't want you to see how the slanderous remarks he makes daily about his detractors are in fact slanderous and how his detractors are in fact PATRIOTIC and genuinely compassionate Americans.

Perfect Ignorance. A Republican concept they pray will forever be relevant to the peoples they rule.

Psychoblues

Psycho, you never lack for a sense of bull shit.

You just talk out of your ass, about any number of subjects, and don`t back shit up with any links, or information sites, where one might at least find some supporting evidence.

What`s the point of a BS post like this? Really, I`m interested in knowing your state of mind.

You sound more like a commie with ever post. Are you freeze dried or what?

That whole "life style" died, what, ten years ago? Get a life pal, move on, put a point on the fact, that people DON`T want to feed you, or your brothers.

You are one sad SOB........ :usa:

Kagom said:
I posted the link for the pictures and some of the commentary.
Oh, it seemed more than that:
Originally Posted by Kagom

Kagom said:
I posted the link for the pictures and some of the commentary.

Cruising the sites that try to use gross sensationalism to make a point?

Al-Qaeda would love to see ALL Americans stretched out and mangled like that. What is it that you just don't understand about the enemy?

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

or division did you serve? lala along? Only fools and liberals lala along. Life's too short and precious for such an attitude. GWB doesn't want me to see the horrors of war? Who the hell is he stopping? The press? Gimme a break.
We expect perfection from our troops? Who the hell are you talking to? I expect them to be who they are. And who their parents, hopefully well, raised them to be.
GWB makes slanderous remarks? AAAAHHH Not that I've noticed whatsoever. If anything the man is far more respectful to his opponents than they are to him. By the way got a link? I greatly doubt you have.
Americans have NEVER expected perfection. As all know it's both unattainable and unrealistic.
"Magic" in democracy? Who the hell are you the "politics fairy"?
Killing in wartime is not "murder". Murder is a premeditated criminal act. War may be "hell" as Sherman said, but fought with honor, it is hardly "murder".

In case you didn't notice Einstein the Republican party has been ELECTED into office over the last 14 years in order to rectify the absolute disaster that the Democrat party made of this government during the 45+ years they controlled BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS.

As I said I'm calling you out. Where did you serve? When did you serve? With what branch of the military? With what division?

Failure isn't an option. And not because we are obsessed with perfection, but because if we fail, we are dead.

It's sad that after 911 there are so many people who don't seem to realize that we have to win this war on terror or everything we believe in and hope for is lost. Our lives, our freedom, our families, our faiths. etc.

Iraq is one of the legs in this war on terror. We liberated an oppressed people from a brutal dictator who had clear ties with terror and a desire to see us and even his own people destroyed in his lust for power. We kill terrorists daily. We had no illusion that this was going to be an easy fight. Fighting for Freedom never us. And it's even tougher when there is an entire political party fighting for our destruction everyday. The problem isnt fixed in 30 minutes so we are a failure and need to run away from it.

Is leaving Iraq really going to fix anything? If we leave we let the nation descend into civil war. The region will errupt. Our Credibility will be lost and our enemies will see us as cowards. They will strike again. We could promise never to fight again and they would not see this as a sign of peace but a sign of weakness.

Whether we fight or not, our enemies will be fighting us. They will be seeking our destruction. If we fight, we might lose, we might see tons of bloodshed before the end. If we don't, we will lose and see tons of bloodshed.

Failure isn't an option. And not because we are obsessed with perfection, but because if we fail, we are dead.

It's sad that after 911 there are so many people who don't seem to realize that we have to win this war on terror or everything we believe in and hope for is lost. Our lives, our freedom, our families, our faiths. etc.

Iraq is one of the legs in this war on terror. We liberated an oppressed people from a brutal dictator who had clear ties with terror and a desire to see us and even his own people destroyed in his lust for power. We kill terrorists daily. We had no illusion that this was going to be an easy fight. Fighting for Freedom never us. And it's even tougher when there is an entire political party fighting for our destruction everyday. The problem isnt fixed in 30 minutes so we are a failure and need to run away from it.

Is leaving Iraq really going to fix anything? If we leave we let the nation descend into civil war. The region will errupt. Our Credibility will be lost and our enemies will see us as cowards. They will strike again. We could promise never to fight again and they would not see this as a sign of peace but a sign of weakness.

Whether we fight or not, our enemies will be fighting us. They will be seeking our destruction. If we fight, we might lose, we might see tons of bloodshed before the end. If we don't, we will lose and see tons of bloodshed.

Whether we fight or not, our enemies will be fighting us

I'm not sure people understand this or even want to for that matter. The surest way for Islamo-facists to recuit thousands is for the US to cut and run.

ThomasPaine said:
or division did you serve? lala along? Only fools and liberals lala along. Life's too short and precious for such an attitude. GWB doesn't want me to see the horrors of war? Who the hell is he stopping? The press? Gimme a break.
We expect perfection from our troops? Who the hell are you talking to? I expect them to be who they are. And who their parents, hopefully well, raised them to be.
GWB makes slanderous remarks? AAAAHHH Not that I've noticed whatsoever. If anything the man is far more respectful to his opponents than they are to him. By the way got a link? I greatly doubt you have.
Americans have NEVER expected perfection. As all know it's both unattainable and unrealistic.
Killing in wartime is not "murder". Murder is a premeditated criminal act. War may be "hell" as Sherman said, but fought with honor, it is hardly "murder".

In case you didn't notice Einstein the Republican party has been ELECTED into office over the last 14 years in order to rectify the absolute disaster that the Democrat party made of this government during the 45+ years they controlled BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS.

As I said I'm calling you out. Where did you serve? When did you serve? With what branch of the military? With what division?

Don't expect anything here TP. This steaming pile of liberal commie dog shit doesn't have the spine God gave a turd. He's a liar and a traitor. America bashing is his passion. It's his type that I would have felt no sympathy for, had it been one of them that was getting their HEAD SAWED OFF WHILE ALIVE by terrorists, the very terrorists he and his type sympathise and apologise for, all while dumping as many filthy, stinking lies lies and trash talk about America, the country and military PROTECTS them, as they can muster.

Screw making deporting illegal aliens a priority. I'd like to see all the psychoblues rounded up and deported first.

YOU ain't really a soldier or a Marine, are you, Gunny L? WE target buildings. We target towns. We target enclaves and groups that WE suspect of holding or harboring ill intent towards US. That's it. Occasionally we can target a specific individual, as in the case of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden, but WE usually miss on those occasions. Don't WE?

This vet don't dig collateral damage as accepted. Maybe YOU should have been somebody's collateral damage many years ago? Maybe then YOU would understand. Never mind. As a vet, YOU make me sick.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
Been reading your Psychoblues handbook, have you?

Collateral damage is an accepted fact of war. People dying is an accepted fact of war. When you figure out a way to get all those damned religious nutjobs to meet the US military on the open battlefield, be sure and forward your idea to the Pentagon.

The fact is, we do not target noncombatants while the terrorists do not target anyone that could possibly fight them back.

As far as the military casualties you somehow fee the need to display pics of goes, when you strap on that uniform, tap the magazine and smack it into the magazine well and send the bolt home on a live round, it ain't for a game of golf.

I served. I still serve my country, the United States of America. You're still a non vet, probably a very real chicken shit and you're calling me out? Play on!!!!! And I ain't lala about that. Dig it?

Psychoblues

ThomasPaine said:

That's it Pale Rider. Cut and run from the illegals and potentially catastrophic effects they have on our economy and security. Focus your attention on the PSYCHOBLUES. Never mind that I am American born and a servant of the American peoples. To hell with the facts that I have served this country well for at least 4 wars and about 40 years with nothing much to show for it.

I ain't greedy. I ain't rich. I ain't even well to do. But, I've served America, Americans and even you. But?????? You ain't shit in my book. Given the opportunity, you failed. I can't do anything about that.

Psychoblues

Pale Rider said:
Don't expect anything here TP. This steaming pile of liberal commie dog shit doesn't have the spine God gave a turd. He's a liar and a traitor. America bashing is his passion. It's his type that I would have felt no sympathy for, had it been one of them that was getting their HEAD SAWED OFF WHILE ALIVE by terrorists, the very terrorists he and his type sympathise and apologise for, all while dumping as many filthy, stinking lies lies and trash talk about America, the country and military PROTECTS them, as they can muster.

Screw making deporting illegal aliens a priority. I'd like to see all the psychoblues rounded up and deported first.

Just so you know, Gunny L, I didn't plagarize anything in this post. You have links or additional information to back up your insanity?

I didn't think so.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
I just wonder if he is ever going to post a link to the diatribes he plagarizes.

Forum List

Back