War in Afghanistan News - 18 May 2013

22 May 2013
KABUL, Afghanistan (May 22, 2013) – An Afghan and coalition security force arrested a Taliban leader and four other insurgents during an operation in Nahr-e Saraj district, Helmand province, today. The leader plans, directs and executes attacks against Afghan and coalition forces. He is also instrumental in producing and emplacing … more @ War in Afghanistan News - 22 May 2013 - War On Terror News

23 May 2013

KABUL, Afghanistan (May 23, 2013) – An Afghan and coalition security force killed three insurgents during an operation in search of a senior Haqqani leader in Sayyid Karam district, Paktiya province, yesterday. The leader is directly involved with improvised explosive device attacks against Afghan and coalition forces. He coordinates insurgent..more @ War in Afghanistan News - 23 May 2013 - War On Terror News

25 May 2013
BAGRAM, Afghanistan (May 25, 2013) - Afghan National Security and Coalition Forces killed one insurgent, detained two suspected insurgents, discovered one weapons cache and found and safely cleared nine improvised explosive devices during operations in eastern Afghanistan throughout the past 24 hours, May 24. Ghazni Province Afghan National Security Forces...more @ War in Afghanistan News - 25 May 2013 - War On Terror News

And there was another terrorist bombing yesterday in the main market place of Kabul.

"Well, it is on the downhill side towards being over.....I wonder how long it will take to collapse? We need to get everyone out as soon as possible. Most Respectfully, R"

"Looking back can anyone honestly say it was worth the cost? If you say yes then you are lying to yourself."

My government has to understand how sickening and disturbing it is to CONTINUALLY read about the billions that are spent on the likes of them AND ESPECIALLY, spending the dough on AIRCRAFTS AND WHATNOT WAR TOYS. I'm so fucking sick of this - this RECKLESS SPENDING. I have absolutely no problem with READING you spent $$$ on humanitarian aid for this backward hellhole..........and buying aircraft from the russians is as equally disturbing............

6/28/13: "The Pentagon is spending more than three-quarters of a billion dollars to buy Russian-made helicopters and other aircraft for an Afghan aviation unit that lacks the troops and expertise to operate and maintain the equipment"

who the hell understands this logic ? i'm so sick of it. yeah, go ahead and buy "them" helicopters and airplanes that THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE...........and Russian-made ?

OMG !!!!

"JUNE 28, 2013 (YEAH, today) The Pentagon is spending more than three-quarters of a billion dollars to buy Russian-made helicopters and other aircraft for an Afghan aviation unit that lacks the troops and expertise to operate and maintain the equipment, a government watchdog warned.

The Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction said in a report Friday these shortcomings mean the helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft destined for the Afghan Special Mission Wing "could be left sitting on runways in Afghanistan, rather than supporting critical missions, resulting in waste of U.S. funds." The report recommended putting the purchases on hold until the Afghans develop the capacity to support the aircraft.

The findings are sure to reverberate on Capitol Hill, where there is stiff opposition to the purchase of the Mi-17 helicopters from Rosoboronexport, the state-run Russian arms exporter that is a top weapons supplier to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

who approves this ?? they can go fuck themselves. i don't care what GENERAL GEORGE has to say about it ...........it is beyond my comprehension. they really should "put it on hold" FOREVER.

And to make matters worse - the U.S. is spending billions to destroy in place thousands of pieces of equipment they can't remove from the country without the long, dangerous trek through Pakistan - out supposed ally!!!!! :(

Forum List

Back