War forces Iraqi mom into prostitution

bao

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
Wedad can't bear to live this way much longer. Disgusted by the work, she can hardly stand it. Wedad is a prostitute in Iraq.

Sectarian violence claimed the life of her husband three years ago. Unable to rely on her family, Wedad tried getting a job to support her three young daughters, but found the men interviewing her didn't want her for her work skills, only her body.

"It was extremely difficult to make the decision to do this, because nobody goes into this wanting to do it," she said hesitantly. "My situation forced me into it because I couldn't find a job and the government didn't have a job for me."

For Wedad, who is using a false name to conceal her identity, the difficult circumstances could not be overcome. So she took a step she never would have thought imaginable and became a prostitute.

Yanar Mohammed, an Iraqi womens' rights activist, estimates there are thousands of women like Wedad working in the sex trade in Iraq. Most are too afraid or ashamed to come forward and ask for help.

Instead of making war we should be helping these woman out.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/02/iraq.prostitute/index.html

Link added

~A15

And imagine the disaproval from Allah!.

How does she find customers in an Islamic land of true faith?

Mind you, you could have continued to live in Saddam and Son's semi secular hell where a woman is raped and the tape sent to her relatives all for that mafia Takriti shake down that shaked the country for decades.

If I had my way I would declare the Kurds independent (the only sane culture in the country) and let the other Islamic idiots duke it out.

• Thanks
Reactions: bao
Wedad can't bear to live this way much longer. Disgusted by the work, she can hardly stand it. Wedad is a prostitute in Iraq.

Sectarian violence claimed the life of her husband three years ago. Unable to rely on her family, Wedad tried getting a job to support her three young daughters, but found the men interviewing her didn't want her for her work skills, only her body.

"It was extremely difficult to make the decision to do this, because nobody goes into this wanting to do it," she said hesitantly. "My situation forced me into it because I couldn't find a job and the government didn't have a job for me."

For Wedad, who is using a false name to conceal her identity, the difficult circumstances could not be overcome. So she took a step she never would have thought imaginable and became a prostitute.

Yanar Mohammed, an Iraqi womens' rights activist, estimates there are thousands of women like Wedad working in the sex trade in Iraq. Most are too afraid or ashamed to come forward and ask for help.

Instead of making war we should be helping these woman out.

War forces Iraqi mom into prostitution - CNN.com

Link added

~A15

It's not an either/or situation. Try not to post dumbass comments.

What happened to all those women whose husbands, brothers and sons were killed by Saddam? Were all of them awarded a state pension?
Phooey on individual stories like this. Yes there are sad cases but that doesn't translate into a crisis or anything else.

Maybe.
btw, what happened to your old avatar? The one that was the banner for the armed wing of Fatah?

What happened to all those women whose husbands, brothers and sons were killed by Saddam? Were all of them awarded a state pension?
Phooey on individual stories like this. Yes there are sad cases but that doesn't translate into a crisis or anything else.

Typical Zionist response

If it doesn't involve the Jews or Israel

Then why should I care?

Tragic, yes. But how is her story so different from so many women around the globe who feel they have no choice?
The linked story said:
.... "My situation forced me into it because I couldn't find a job and the government didn't have a job for me."

Tragic, yes. But how is her story so different from so many women around the globe who feel they have no choice?

Because this can firmly be placed at the feet of GWB and Dick Cheney... come on now!

Forum List

Back