War Drums: U.S. Threatens Use Of Force in Syria After 'Massacre'...

Well, Assad seems to be saying the opposition is the enemy of both Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. I don't see it getting much better than that, as far as potentially helping them goes.

Isn't Assad claiming the resistance are foreign fighters and Al Qaeda members?

Do you believe his own people aren't rebelling? If they are in cahoots with foreigners, then Assad is lying about who committed the massacres.

I believe most of the resistance are Syrians.

Ladies and Gentlemen;

108 women and children were EXECUTED in a town in Syria. Observers say that they came in the middle of the night and they shot them in the back of the head. Children as young as several months.

I don't like putting our men in harm's way. I don't like the idea of starting something militarily. I cannot stand by and watch this, like I also cannot condone letting millions starve in North Korea simply because their "Dear Leader" is a maniacal idiot who plays silly games. There IS evil in this world. There is evil in this world and if there is a soul to this nation, can we sit by and allow this to take place? If we have God in our heart can we watch while other innocents are murdered in their sleep?

Nation building is a fool's pursuit. Assad MUST go and I believe that the United States of America is the leader of the free world for a reason. If I was the deciding factor, it would be VERY QUICK and we would leave as quickly as it was over, which I don't think would take very long. A couple quick Tomahawks, some F-117's and B-2's and the Rangers to seal off some landing strips.

I cannot watch innocents perish just because some madman wants to retain power...

Here's why you should have zero faith in the morality of the US gov't. Here's our dear dear friends, the Saudis.

Saudi Arabia: Two juveniles executed by Saudi authorities among a group of five | Amnesty International

Also what about all the Palestinian children killed in the border dispute? All the Iraqi children killed in the war?

Neutrality is best in these situations, as we always seem to screw things up worse when we try to "intervene on moral grounds" (which is never the honest reason anyways).

Ladies and Gentlemen;

108 women and children were EXECUTED in a town in Syria. Observers say that they came in the middle of the night and they shot them in the back of the head. Children as young as several months.

I don't like putting our men in harm's way. I don't like the idea of starting something militarily. I cannot stand by and watch this, like I also cannot condone letting millions starve in North Korea simply because their "Dear Leader" is a maniacal idiot who plays silly games. There IS evil in this world. There is evil in this world and if there is a soul to this nation, can we sit by and allow this to take place? If we have God in our heart can we watch while other innocents are murdered in their sleep?

Nation building is a fool's pursuit. Assad MUST go and I believe that the United States of America is the leader of the free world for a reason. If I was the deciding factor, it would be VERY QUICK and we would leave as quickly as it was over, which I don't think would take very long. A couple quick Tomahawks, some F-117's and B-2's and the Rangers to seal off some landing strips.

I cannot watch innocents perish just because some madman wants to retain power...

Thats the problem though, people want a quick solution to this problem but there isn't one. It took 8 months to get rid of Gaddafi, it will take longer for Assad because he is deeply entrenched and armed by Iran, Russia and China, do we have the patience for this type of operation? its sad now to see these dead Syrian families but what happens when we start seeing pictures of dead Syrians killed by US bombs? that changes everything over night.

It took 8 months because we weren't leading and there were too many restrictions on targets. Assad should be the sole target or at least the top target. Cut off the head and the snake dies. We have the ability to take him out in a couple strikes I'm sure. We just don't have the will to do what must be done. Our resolve to end it before it begins ended with the atomic bomb.

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Thats the problem though, people want a quick solution to this problem but there isn't one. It took 8 months to get rid of Gaddafi, it will take longer for Assad because he is deeply entrenched and armed by Iran, Russia and China, do we have the patience for this type of operation? its sad now to see these dead Syrian families but what happens when we start seeing pictures of dead Syrians killed by US bombs? that changes everything over night.

It took 8 months because we weren't leading and there were too many restrictions on targets. Assad should be the sole target or at least the top target. Cut off the head and the snake dies. We have the ability to take him out in a couple strikes I'm sure. We just don't have the will to do what must be done. Our resolve to end it before it begins ended with the atomic bomb.

Hmm, if we are going to go into this with the intention of taking out Assad we have to be willing to go the whole 9, no more of this pussy footing around shit, this means making a commitment to Assads destruction and a future Syrian state.

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Here's why you should have zero faith in the morality of the US gov't. Here's our dear dear friends, the Saudis.

Saudi Arabia: Two juveniles executed by Saudi authorities among a group of five | Amnesty International

Also what about all the Palestinian children killed in the border dispute? All the Iraqi children killed in the war?

Neutrality is best in these situations, as we always seem to screw things up worse when we try to "intervene on moral grounds" (which is never the honest reason anyways).

We only screw it up because we keep digging around after the work is done. In and out should be our motive.

Hmm, if we are going to go into this with the intention of taking out Assad we have to be willing to go the whole 9, no more of this pussy footing around shit, this means making a commitment to Assads destruction and a future Syrian state.
Wrong. Our goal should be to save the people not the state.

Ladies and Gentlemen;

We only screw it up because we keep digging around after the work is done. In and out should be our motive.

Not really, our action in Libya was fairly quick. Doesn't mean arming Al Qaeda won't hurt us later via blowback.

Well you know after Assad is gone they will ask for rebuilding money, like Libya did.

Well you know after Assad is gone they will ask for rebuilding money, like Libya did.

Correct you are. And that's why we need to limit our targets to Assad and his suspected locations. Then we can either help a bit or tell them to be thankful that we did what we did.

When firemen put out a housefire they don't stick around and rebuild.

The US went into Kuwait, Iraq, and over Tunisia for supposedly humanitarian reasons. Why is Syria much different? I'm glad we're not quick to attack, but if we have the power to stop a madman from killing his own people, why not get NATO + Arab League and do something?

Oh, and before y'all start complaining about Obama starting another war, make sure you didn't defend Bush II and his invasion of Iraq. I hated hearing conservatives scream, "Saddam needed to go!" back then but it's worse hearing those same idiots scream, "Obama shouldn't invade anyone!"

Let's see.. Iran has sent troops to fight for Assad and the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda are pert of the opposition forces. Who do you want to fight for?

The US went into Kuwait, Iraq, and over Tunisia for supposedly humanitarian reasons. Why is Syria much different? I'm glad we're not quick to attack, but if we have the power to stop a madman from killing his own people, why not get NATO + Arab League and do something?

Oh, and before y'all start complaining about Obama starting another war, make sure you didn't defend Bush II and his invasion of Iraq. I hated hearing conservatives scream, "Saddam needed to go!" back then but it's worse hearing those same idiots scream, "Obama shouldn't invade anyone!"

Let's see.. Iran has sent troops to fight for Assad and the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda are pert of the opposition forces. Who do you want to fight for?

How about neither?

The civil war in Syria should be encouraged..........The less muslims and soviet puppets on the planet the better..........

Correct you are. And that's why we need to limit our targets to Assad and his suspected locations. Then we can either help a bit or tell them to be thankful that we did what we did.

When firemen put out a housefire they don't stick around and rebuild.

I can see your point there and a perfect scenario would be what you suggested, us taking out Assads forces with air strikes and bringing about regime change at low cost to us. The thing is with the Russians, Chinese and Iranians invovled it gets tricky, Syria is the last friend Russia has left in the whole Middle East, I don't see them just sitting there and watching us bomb Assads pants off.

How about neither?

Neither suits me just fine.

Forum List

Back