War Drums: Report Claims Syrian Forces 'Torturing Children'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Oh boy, here we go again..."OMG! THEY'RE TORTURING EVERYONE!! WE NEED TO START A WAR WITH THEM RIGHT AWAY!!!!" Is it me or does anyone else notice this kind of stale retread propaganda leading up to our involvement in Wars? It's always the 'Torture' and 'Rape' stuff. I guess it has been proven to whip up War hysteria though. And throwing the old 'Torturing Children' twist into the mix makes it a slam dunk i guess. Remember the old "They took the Babies out of the incubators" Iraq scam? Anyway, here's some more beats from the War Drums...

Children as young as 13 are a particular target in the “rampant” use of torture by Syrian government forces battling opposition protests, Human Rights Watch said in a report released Friday.

The United Nations says hundreds of children have been killed in the crackdown over the past 10 months, and the rights group highlighted cases of children shot in their homes or on the street, or grabbed from schools.

It documented 12 cases of children tortured in detention centres and said many more may have suffered similar treatment.

“In many cases, security forces have targeted children just as they have targeted adults,” said Lois Whitman, children?s rights director at the New York-based Human Rights Watch.

The group’s report said more than 100 people who had been held by security forces “described rampant use of torture in detention centres against even the youngest detainees, even beyond the 12 cases specifically documented.”

“Children, some as young as 13, reported to Human Rights Watch that officers kept them in solitary confinement, severely beat and electrocuted them, burned them with cigarettes, and left them to dangle from metal handcuffs for hours at a time, centimetres above the floor,” the report said.

The parents of one 13-year-old boy from Latakia said he was detained for nine days in December after being accused of burning photos of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, inciting protests and vandalizing security forces? cars.

Security officers burned the boy with cigarettes on his neck and hands and threw boiling water on him, the parents were quoted as saying.

Another 13-year-old told Human Rights Watch that security forces tortured him for three days at a military security branch after he was detained in May.

He said he fell unconscious after being electrocuted on the stomach.

“When they interrogated me the second time, they beat me and electrocuted me again. The third time they had some pliers, and they pulled out my toenail,” the boy was quoted as saying.

Most Syrian schools are now closed because of the unrest, in which thousands have been killed since last March. Many of the schools have been turned into detention centres with snipers prowling the rooftops.

Parents told Human Rights Watch that it was too dangerous to let their children out onto the streets.

One man from Homs said he stopped letting his 10-year-old son go to school because of snipers targeting Brazil Street, the main road leading to the school in one of the cities that has borne the brunt of the deadly crackdown.

“We called it ?the street of death?,” he was quoted as saying.

Report: Syrian Forces ‘Torture Children as Young as 13′

Last edited:
Wheres the Arab League??

Its their neck of the woods.

Let em handle it.

Wheres the Arab League??

Let em handle it.

Good point.

Do you guys pay attention at all? The Arab league was there until just recently. They pulled out claiming it was to dangerous, and things were getting even worse.

Let the EU, deal with it.

Why the hell would we want to over throw another dictator just to get another Radical Islamic State to contend with. The American people don't have the Back bone for Nation Building, and nothing short a long term, Boots on the Ground Commitment by someone is going to change things in Syria.

If we just help the "Opposition" Toss out the Leaders, then we are just handing the country to the Radical Islamic Groups who are about the only ones organized enough to oppose the Government in the first place.

When I say long term, I mean Multi Generational Like Germany, and Japan after WWII. Something the American People clearly lack the will for anymore. In fact that type of mission is doomed to failure in the eyes of the American people, because we have come to demand short, clean, wars and think that a long term occupation where continued violence occurs for years is failure when in fact it is the mission. To Maintain order, Keep the Radical Forces down, For Generations if it takes it, Until a True Democratic Nation is there. Strong, Free, and Stable.

So since we never do anything all the way, and everything is half assed, whats our exit strategy BS, then I say Fuck it. Don't do anything. Same Results, less blood and treasure spent.

Don't think the world will love us for "minding our own Business though", If Ron Paul Won and we pulled all our troops back to US bases, and "stopped meddling", The world would hate us even more. For having all this wealth, and Power, and amazing Military capabilities and standing by as Horrible shit went down in the world. We would be the Great Satan for not helping, For not meddling.

Last edited:
Wheres the Arab League??

Let em handle it.

Good point.

Do you guys pay attention at all? The Arab league was there until just recently. They pulled out claiming it was to dangerous, and things were getting even worse.

Let the EU, deal with it.

Why the hell would we want to over throw another dictator just to get another Radical Islamic State to contend with. The American people don't have the Back bone for Nation Building, and nothing short a long term, Boots on the Ground Commitment by someone is going to change things in Syria.

If we just help the "Opposition" Toss out the Leaders, then we are just handing the country to the Radical Islamic Groups who are about the only ones organized enough to oppose the Government in the first place.

When I say long term, I mean Multi Generational Like Germany, and Japan after WWII. Something the American People clearly lack the will for anymore. In fact that type of mission is doomed to failure in the eyes of the American people, because we have come to demand short, clean, wars and think that a long term occupation where continued violence occurs for years is failure when in fact it is the mission. To Maintain order, Keep the Radical Forces down, For Generations if it takes it, Until a True Democratic Nation is there. Strong, Free, and Stable.

So since we never do anything all the way, and everything is half assed, whats our exit strategy BS, then I say Fuck it. Don't do anything. Same Results, less blood and treasure spent.

Don't think the world will love us for "minding our own Business though", If Ron Paul Won and we pulled all our troops back to US bases, and "stopped meddling", The world would hate us even more. For having all this wealth, and Power, and amazing Military capabilities and standing by as Horrible shit went down in the world. We would be the Great Satan for not helping, For not meddling.

To Hell with the Globalist Elites and to Hell with the Military Industrial Complex too. I'm completely sick of all the retread War propaganda about 'Torture' & 'Rape.' That stuff is always used as a pretext for getting us involved with more War. Syria is for Syrians. Let them work out their own problems.

Forum List

Back