War Drums: Obama Hints At Military Intervention In Syria...

Syria is not like Afghanistan where our air force control the skies. Flying sorties in that area of the mideast would be dangerous with a lot of countries airforces involved. It's a crazy idea. Iraq was supposed to be all about destroying WMD's. Years later they still exist--just in another country.

An eerie sense of inevitabality is in the air. Something is in the works. People can feel it.

From the way I heard the press conference, which was yesterday President Obama Answers Questions at WH Briefing | C-SPAN, Obama said basically we are not doing anything yet and nothing is new. I would be surprised if we direct military intervention in Syria. Why the hell is there not a no-fly-zone over that country is what I would ask.

(Obama arrives some minutes after the press conference begins.)

China and Russia have veto power in the UNSC and they supports their customer, um I mean client, er, the current regime.

Is that why Syrian's power elite are holding out so long? They believe China and Russia will get them through this?

From the way I heard the press conference, which was yesterday President Obama Answers Questions at WH Briefing | C-SPAN, Obama said basically we are not doing anything yet and nothing is new. I would be surprised if we direct military intervention in Syria. Why the hell is there not a no-fly-zone over that country is what I would ask.

China and Russia have veto power in the UNSC and they supports their customer, um I mean client, er, the current regime.

Is that why Syrian's power elite are holding out so long? They believe China and Russia will get them through this?

Last I heard Russia was still supplying them with military hardware.

What do you think we should do? everytime we try and help a Muslim country it never ends well.

Bombing Iran is his only possible path to re-election, as a war President.

Looking for more real estate. :tongue:

More?

The Leftist meme of the United States being imperialist???

Silly boy:

Quote by Colin Powell:

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by
the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of
empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom
beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in
return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

What do you think we should do? everytime we try and help a Muslim country it never ends well.

Bombing Iran is his only possible path to re-election, as a war President.

I don't know, I thought most people were against that? Even in Israel the majority of people don't want to bomb Iran.

Based on his record domestically, and even worse in foreign policy achievements....beside signing up dead folks, what else can he do?

It's not just a belief. Syria, China and Iran are helping them get through this.

The irony is Obamination can't afford to let Syria's WMDs to get into the hands of terrorists but he also doesn't want to find Saddam's fingerprints on some of those WMDs.....

It's not just a belief. Syria, China and Iran are helping them get through this.

Do you think they can ride it out as things are or is it a matter of time, as in a few months, before the government changes?

The irony is Obamination can't afford to let Syria's WMDs to get into the hands of terrorists but he also doesn't want to find Saddam's fingerprints on some of those WMDs.....

And the truth is that he can't do shit about them without endangering the lives of thousands or Americans again and spending billions of dollars. ( I wonder if he would have to return his Peace Prize too )

Syria with help from Russia, Iran and China is going a good job harming thousands of people.

If the terrorists take the WMD, it will be worse....

And the truth is that he can't do shit about them without endangering the lives of thousands or Americans again and spending billions of dollars. ( I wonder if he would have to return his Peace Prize too )

From the way I heard the press conference, which was yesterday Error | C-SPAN, Obama said basically we are not doing anything yet and nothing is new. I would be surprised if we direct military intervention in Syria. Why the hell is there not a no-fly-zone over that country is what I would ask.

We'll see i guess. But in my opinion, something is in the works. I just hope it's not what i think they're cooking up. An awful domestic attack/disturbance would be exactly what this country doesn't need. But i'm never surprised at the evil men can do. Anything is possible these days.

I agree....he could get involved where he would send our military over there.....then there would be less military here in the states to be able to vote in November. He knows he's not going to get the majority of military votes.....

Also how ironic is O-bamie talking about a "red line" when it comes to WMD. How many innocents have died in the past year and a half and the world stands by and lets it happen.

All of a sudden, the POTUS gets on the podium yesterday and talks about WMD. Give me a break. I personally do not want another ME engagement. Let them kill each other off, especially since my son is an Officer of Marines and soon headed for a killing zone.

Fuck 'um all and let Allah sort 'um out.

Forum List

Back