War Drums: Iran Threatens Actions If U.S. Carrier Returns...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
'Not in the habit of warning more than once.'

Iran will take action if a U.S. aircraft carrier which left the area because of Iranian naval exercises returns to the Gulf, the state news agency quoted army chief Ataollah Salehi as saying on Tuesday.

"Iran will not repeat its warning ... the enemy's carrier has been moved to the Sea of Oman because of our drill. I recommend and emphasise to the American carrier not to return to the Persian Gulf," Salehi told IRNA.

"I advise, recommend and warn them (the Americans) over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Salehi as saying.

Salehi did not name the aircraft carrier or give details of the action Iran might take if it returned.

Iran completed 10 days of naval exercises in the Gulf on Monday, and said during the drills that if foreign powers imposed sanctions on its crude exports it could shut the Strait of Hormuz, through which 40 percent of the world's traded oil is shipped.

The U.S. Fifth Fleet, which is based in Bahrain, said it would not allow shipping to be disrupted in the strait.

Iran said on Monday it had successfully test-fired two long-range missiles during its naval drill, flexing its military muscle in the face of mounting Western pressure over its controversial nuclear programme.

Iran also said it had no intention of closing the Strait of Hormuz but had carried out "mock" exercises on shutting the strategic waterway.

More:
UPDATE 1-Iran threatens action if US carrier returns-IRNA | Energy & Oil | Reuters
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I hope they return, and bring with them a few more carriers, and begin carpet bombing Tehran.

I wonder what will end up being the final excuse, I mean reason we go to War with Iran.

It's scary because this is the perfect time. Republicans love blowing up a muslim filled middle east, democrats love anything their hero does, they'd thank him if he took a dump on their dinner table. The war would be almost totally unquestioned by the 2 parties and the media.

Irans just rattling sabers. They appear to be pissed about the sanctions that are going to be slapped on em.

That is, of course, if Barry makes that decision.

I wonder what will end up being the final excuse, I mean reason we go to War with Iran.

It's scary because this is the perfect time. Republicans love blowing up a muslim filled middle east, democrats love anything their hero does, they'd thank him if he took a dump on their dinner table. The war would be almost totally unquestioned by the 2 parties and the media.

The Military Industrial Complex has been planning this War with Iran for a long time. They're salivating. They would gladly blow up one of their own ships and kill their own fellow Americans if it meant War with Iran. So don't be surprised when an 'incident' happens. I know i wont be.

The Military Industrial Complex has been planning this War with Iran for a long time. They're salivating. They would gladly blow up one of their own ships and kill their own fellow Americans if it meant War with Iran. So don't be surprised when an 'incident' happens. I know i wont be.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Irans just rattling sabers. They appear to be pissed about the sanctions that are going to be slapped on em.

That is, of course, if Barry makes that decision.

They were practicing their "long ranged missiles." The range was about from Toledo to Cincinnati. :eusa_shhh:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I'm with you, I think it's a coincidence all the countries we blow up have oil and we would only attack a country like Iran if we were in grave danger of being overtaken by that country. See Iraq for example, their powerful military and Saddam were a breath a way from taking over the U.S. We only go to war if we absolutely have to, as a last resort kind of thing.

That almost hurt to type.

Israel has already let Washington know that they want Iran taken out.

So the U.S. government is just looking for a plausible excuse to tell the American people why they had to attack Iran.

Last edited:

Our Warmongering Chickenhawk-In-Chump already has us involved in nine (9!!!!) global conflicts. What's one more while he golfs, vacations, campaigns?

Bingo! :dance:

Last edited:
Gas prices gonna go up, Obama callin' Iran's bluff, Stennis already replaced by 2 other carriers...
:eusa_shhh:
After Iran threatens US carrier, bluff will probably be called
January 3, 2012 - Crude oil prices surged after Iran dialed the threat-o-meter up to 11 with a vow to attack a US aircraft carrier if it returns to the Strait of Hormuz. The US 5th Fleet is likely to take up the challenge.
The bellicose rhetoric from Iran keeps getting well, more bellicose, as new US sanctions targeting the country's central bank touched off panic in the Islamic Republic's currency market. The simmering dispute over Iran's nuclear program has threatened to boil over in recent weeks, with Iran directing its threats at the freedom of the seas off its coast, particularly in the Strait of Hormuz, a shipping lane for much of the oil produced in the Persian Gulf.

The latest came from Army boss Ataollah Salehi. He issued a fairly direct threat today to the US Navy, which has readied itself to patrol the Strait of Hormuz since Iranian officials began declaring they have the power to close the strait. "I advise, recommend and warn them over the return of this carrier to the Persian Gulf because we are not in the habit of warning more than once," he said.

Iran said it recently spotted a US aircraft carrier in the Strait. While Iran didn't name the vessel, and the US has not disclosed whether it was there, the USS John C. Stennis of the 5th Fleet was recently in the Gulf, a short steam from Strait of Hormuz.

The freedom of the high seas for both shipping and the US Navy is about as sacrosanct a directive as there is for US admirals, and the chest-thumping from Iran is almost certain to draw a response. The 5th Fleet, based out of Bahrain, exists to keep the oil lanes through the Strait open and oil pumping to the world's economies. Being told they can't go somewhere is an invitation for the naval equivalent of "oh, yeah?"

MORE

Forum List

Back