War Drums: Iran Sending Warships Close To U.S. Borders...

Iran does not have nuclear weapons.

It will have soon.

Iran and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the declaration of the Islamic Republic of Iran in 1979, the government of Iran has been accused by members of the international community of funding, providing equipment, weapons, training and giving sanctuary to terrorists.[1]

The United States State Department describes Iran as an “active state sponsor of terrorism.”[2] US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice elaborated stating, “Iran has been the country that has been in many ways a kind of central banker for terrorism in important regions like Lebanon through Hezbollah in the Middle East, in the Palestinian Territories, and we have deep concerns about what Iran is doing in the south of Iraq.”[1]

Iran and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1998 United States embassy bombings[edit]On November 8, 2011, Judge John D. Bates ruled in federal court that Iran was liable for the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. In his 45-page descision, Judge Bates wrote that "Prior to their meetings with Iranian officials and agents Bin Laden and al Qaeda did not possess the technical expertise required to carry out the embassy bombings in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam."[39]

September 11[edit]The U.S. indictment of bin Laden filed in 1998 stated that al-Qaeda "forged alliances . . . with the government of Iran and its associated terrorist group Hezbollah for the purpose of working together against their perceived common enemies."[40] On May 31, 2001, Steven Emerson and Daniel Pipes wrote in The Wall Street Journal that "Officials of the Iranian government helped arrange advanced weapons and explosives training for Al-Qaeda personnel in Lebanon where they learned, for example, how to destroy large buildings."[41]

#####

No way I'd be letting Iran get nukes.
No way.

WHAT we should be worried about is all Israels nuclear weapons.

The issue about which reasonable people worry is FIRST THE MOTIVATIONS
of the persons ---and ------then the "KIND OF WEAPONS available to the
MOTIVATED. Israel has had nuclear weapons for more than 60 years (keep
it quiet---it's a secret) ----but has NEVER used them to kill anyone. IN the
SAME PERIOD OF TIME-----muslims sunni and shiite---including shiite from
iran have MURDERED IN THE SCORES OF MILLIONS -----of course without
nuclear weapons. Anyone with a brain would CERTAINLY worry about a people
who have murdered scores of millions in the past 60 years----
such HIGHLY MOTIVATED people -----if such people got their hands
on NUCLEAR WEAPONS Israel has already PROVEN that it can have nuclear
weapons and NOT USE THEM -----shiites in Lebanon and syria have failed to prove
that they can have a knife in their hands and not SLIT THE THROATS OF
CHILDREN

Last edited:

why should "we" worry about Israel's nuclear weapons? ------do you----and those
other people (ie the "we" of your group "WORRY" about Israel's nuclear weaspons?
How long have you been worried? Can you say just WHY you worry ? (assuming you do)

Because they threaten world peace and violate international law.

Iran does not have nuclear
weapons.

other people (ie the "we" of your group "WORRY" about Israel's nuclear weaspons?
How long have you been worried? Can you say just WHY you worry ? (assuming you do)

Because they threaten world peace and violate international law.

Iran does not have nuclear
weapons.

The elements of the world that not only threaten world peace---but have the
blood of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS on their paws-----are the ---disgusting
and vile ISA-RESPECTERS --------Israel has nothing to do with your filth
and the isa respecting love of OBSCENE MUTILATION MURDER FOR THE GLORY
OF THE PILE OF DUNG YOU WORSHIP

As long as Iran doesn't enter anything but international waters, I see no problem with this. Indeed, as others have mentioned, the U.S. does all kinds of military exercises relatively close to Iran's shores all the time. Thus, both legally and logically I have no problem with Iran bringing their warships close to us. Surely its just a politically ploy, and a justifiable one at that. Hopefully both sides can disarm the "situation", should it ever actually turn into a real one.

As long as Iran doesn't enter anything but international waters, I see no problem with this. Indeed, as others have mentioned, the U.S. does all kinds of military exercises relatively close to Iran's shores all the time. Thus, both legally and logically I have no problem with Iran bringing their warships close to us. Surely its just a politically ploy, and a justifiable one at that. Hopefully both sides can disarm the "situation", should it ever actually turn into a real one.

International waters are either (a) 3 miles off shore, or (b) whatever the U.N. has said their borders are.

I don't have much problem with Iran bringing their warships to within 3 miles of the United States, as long as they don't have a problem with their ships being made into artificial reefs about 3 miles off of our borders.

And yeah...................I've seen their ships, I've been close to their ships, and I've also seen Iran try to chase off a carrier because they thought it was too close to their borders.

Watching the Alert 5 aircraft launch, and hearing about how they buzzed Iran was a really cool thing. Wish that I could have seen the video from the gun cameras.

Forum List

Back