War Drums: Iran Sending Warships Close To U.S. Borders...

Here is their little toy battleship.
Alvand_class.jpg

Here is ours...

Russian-Missile-Cruiser.jpg

What about the Akula Class II Russian subs off of our coast? Did you forget about the ones off the eastern seaboard and the one that surfaced off the coast of Texas last July?

They have been there for decades. There were more back in the 70's and 80's.

We keep subs in the Barents Sea all the time, and I'm sure we have a few parked outside of Vladivostok to keep an eye on things there as well.

Go to the head of the class, Marty. There are people in Florida who have no idea of what is sitting right off their shorelines... and would accuse you of madness if you were to tell them about those subs. - Jeri

Iranian warships off United States Atlantic borders? Does this concern anyone else?!

First Iranian warships head for US Atlantic borders | Unity Coalition for IsraelUnity Coalition for Israel Skip to contentHomeAbout UCINewsroom

Giving them water?!February 17, 2014 · 12:00 am

First Iranian warships head for US Atlantic borders
The commander of Iran's Northern Navy Fleet, Admiral Afshin Rezayee Haddad, said Saturday that several warships have begun their journey to the Atlantic Ocean near US maritime waters for the first time. They carry a message, he said: Tehran is responding to US naval deployments near its own coastlines. He was referring to the US Navy’s 5th Fleet based in Bahrain. The Iranian fleet consists of the destroyer Sabalan and logistic helicopter carrier Khark, which will be on a three-month mission near the US coastline....... read more on link above..

The is maybe the third or fourth thread reporting on this apocalyptic earth shattering end of life event. Quickly, very quickly check your underwear.
Geeze this is not a blue water navy with the experience to sail the North Atlantic in the winter, nor does this navy have the range to get here and back. Now go change your diaper. The end of the world as you know it will be political and take place inside the beltway, not at the hands of Gilligan and the Skipper.

I didn't see any other thread on this story. Where are they?

As for end of the world? Who said it was the end of the world? I said it concerned me. How to define concern: to be of interest or importance. I hardly find that to be a definition of hysterics. I question your failed attempt to ridicule my concern. How's that?

What about the Akula Class II Russian subs off of our coast? Did you forget about the ones off the eastern seaboard and the one that surfaced off the coast of Texas last July?

They have been there for decades. There were more back in the 70's and 80's.

We keep subs in the Barents Sea all the time, and I'm sure we have a few parked outside of Vladivostok to keep an eye on things there as well.

Go to the head of the class, Marty. There are people in Florida who have no idea of what is sitting right off their shorelines... and would accuse you of madness if you were to tell them about those subs. - Jeri

Still don't see what the worry is. Everyone's navies keep ships everywhere.

I'm not questioning the capability of their ships as much as the message this sends the world, IamwhatIseem. It is a very bad message. We look WEAK. The Russians are surely reveling in this moment! We are like a knight on the rim looking dim. note* The world isn't laughing at them. the world is laughing at us.

You should go change your pants and eat some breakfast.

I'm fine, Rothstein. Breakfast was at 4 a.m. and I don't need a change of clothes. thanks. The story is newsworthy and worth considering - how we look to the rest of the world with this latest bit of news... not good. imo.

I'm sorry! I didn't see your thread before I started one this morning on this topic. Can a moderator delete mine? Thanks!

I'm not questioning the capability of their ships as much as the message this sends the world, IamwhatIseem. It is a very bad message. We look WEAK. The Russians are surely reveling in this moment! We are like a knight on the rim looking dim. note* The world isn't laughing at them. the world is laughing at us.

We look weak because our POTUS is weak.

The West has to come to them on Middle East affairs now. They have no choice. Iran has become a major player. Iran has a say now. Not too much can done over there without their input. And the West is beginning to come to grips with that. Iran has won to some extent. So now they're feeling proud, confident, and bold.

You seem to be one of the few here who is actually thinking clearly. All the joking and satire about iran aside. Once iran officially gets nuclear weapons, neither the usa or israel is going to do a damn thing about it. And once that happens israel will no longer be able to expand its military power in the middle east anymore without butting heads with another nuclear power.

If the usa was to invade iran, the body count would be in the 100s of thousands. Think iraq, just much, much more costly. The idea of invading iran is such a retarded idea, that its :cuckoo:. The usa isnt gonna do shit, and neither is israel. Israel has been talking about attacking iran for what? 7 years now? Iranian S300 sams are sitting on standby waiting to shoot israeli F16s out of the air like shooting fish in a barrel if they ever wanna try that. A strike on iran by the IDF would be :cuckoo:, they would be sending pilots to their death. If that wasnt a fact they would have attacked them already.

Iran has arrived as a major Player. The West just has to accept and respect that fact. And that's all Iran ever wanted. They want to be respected and left alone. They've endured years & years of Israeli and American threats of attack. They stood strong and proud. And now the West must talk and make concessions. The threats of attack will have to end before anything can move forward. The West has to accept that. So Iran has won for the most part. And obviously they're feeling pretty proud about that. Their Military is growing more powerful. But there will no be no War anytime soon. That's not what this is about.

Forum List

Back