WaPo: Trump's health under scrutiny after unscheduled visit to Walter Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
I think Trump is fine. Is there a lot of secrecy surrounding his unexpected visit? Yes.
But Trump is a strong man who has stamina, despite his obesity.
I believe the White House claim that he just has a cold. although people don't have physical exams in "stages", as experts were quoted saying:

Trump, 73, made an unscheduled trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., on Saturday, later saying on Twitter that he had begun “phase one” of his annual physical exam and that the results had been “very good.”

It is unusual for a president to do a physical exam in multiple stages months apart, and the circumstances surrounding Trump’s visit renewed questions about the status of his health and the White House’s handling of his medical information, according to several experts.

Only time will tell, but it sounds to me like this is being overhyped. We all catch a cold every now and then.
“The most informative question to ask about the current situation is: What is available at Walter Reed that is not available in the West Wing medical unit?” said John Sotos, a cardiologist who has studied the health records of previous presidents.

Several medical experts have questioned why Trump would begin his annual physical in November, just nine months after his last exam, and not complete it until 2020. Leaving a months-long gap between beginning and completing the exam is unusual and potentially counterproductive, said Sotos, who has served as a physician for the Air National Guard.

“When they complete the physical in six months, the information they got on Saturday would be six months old,” he said. “I haven’t seen such a thing by presidents in the recent past.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3c91a4-0a26-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

Several threads on this. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back