WAPO goes after Rapinoe

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
on the Flag issue and the harm she is doing to her sport and teammates with her Anthem protest. Wonder what inspired this sanity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...inoe-isnt-playing-trump-shes-playing-america/
But Rapinoe is not playing for the Trump administration; she is playing for the United States. It’s one thing for a professional athlete to protest the national anthem, but quite another for a member of Team USA to do it. Rapinoe is protesting the Stars and Stripes while wearing the Stars and Stripes. That’s not okay. Representing your country is a privilege, not a right. If she really feels she can’t show respect for the U.S. flag and anthem, then she shouldn’t wear the U.S. jersey.

She should be expelled from the team. She has agreed to represent the country. And it appears to be an ethics violation-

You may, of course, participate in the political process on your own time and at your own expense, so long as you do not give the impression that you are speaking on behalf of or representing the USOC in such activities.

She should be expelled from the team. She has agreed to represent the country. And it appears to be an ethics violation-

You may, of course, participate in the political process on your own time and at your own expense, so long as you do not give the impression that you are speaking on behalf of or representing the USOC in such activities.
But you just can't win without gays on your team! She said so! You see the World Cup is all about her and her antics. I don't follow soccer, but I guess she must really be good for the US team to put up with her.

But you just can't win without gays on your team! She said so! You see the World Cup is all about her and her antics. I don't follow soccer, but I guess she must really be good for the US team to put up with her.
Or they just dont care what the public thinks, or maybe there hasn't been much reaction due to small audience

Rapinoe is self centered and can't see that the US Women's soccer team is not her personal vehicle for public expression. She represents ALL of the country. Not just the people who think she's great.
This needs to be worked out before next season.

Forum List

Back