Wapo- Democrat-controlled Senate- a new standard for dereliction of duty.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, I applaud Dana Milbank for stepping out of the bubble and calling it like it is.

Apparently the Senate is just a hothouse of mismanagement and chaos....and, inho this is simply because they are boxed in and they know it, so they will do nothing but scream mediscare, its all they got....

I asked in a thread a few weeks ago;

Wheres the Plans Mr. President?

Dick Durbin: Social Security could kill budget deal - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

Will Democrats agree to cut Social Security? - Yahoo! News

Coburn Quits Gang of Six Budget Talks - Yahoo! News

this Friday the May job report is due from the BLS and its apparently going to be atrocious. Humm, maybe another campaign stop will help.......

Congress clocks in to clock out

At 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, the Senate came to order. Forty-one seconds later, it adjourned.

During this legislative session, there was no bill under consideration, no debate on the floor, not even an opening prayer or a pledge of allegiance. The only senator in the chamber was Mark Warner (D-Va.), the presiding officer.

snip-

The Senate is supposed to be in Memorial Day recess this week. But the chamber is so ungovernable that Majority Leader Harry Reid doesn’t even have the votes to declare a recess. So he decided instead to have a few “pro forma” sessions, such as Tuesday’s, allowing senators to take a vacation without voting for it.

In a sense, the Senate has been in a pro-forma session all year … Although there’s general agreement that the most pressing issue facing the federal government is its runaway finances, the Democrat-controlled Senate hasn’t passed a budget in 762 days, a new standard for dereliction of duty.

It is just the sort of thing that offends Americans about Washington: The triumph of tactical advantage over the national interest. Democrats were understandably embarrassed about voting themselves a vacation so soon after abandoning their budget responsibilities. So when Sen. Jeff Sessions (Ala.), the top Republican on the budget committee, demanded a roll-call vote on the recess, Reid used the pro forma loophole.

Congress clocks in to clock out - The Washington Post

well, I applaud Dana Milbank for stepping out of the bubble and calling it like it is.

Apparently the Senate is just a hothouse of mismanagement and chaos....and, inho this is simply because they are boxed in and they know it, so they will do nothing but scream mediscare, its all they got....

I asked in a thread a few weeks ago;

Wheres the Plans Mr. President?

Dick Durbin: Social Security could kill budget deal - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

Will Democrats agree to cut Social Security? - Yahoo! News

Coburn Quits Gang of Six Budget Talks - Yahoo! News

this Friday the May job report is due from the BLS and its apparently going to be atrocious. Humm, maybe another campaign stop will help.......

Congress clocks in to clock out

At 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, the Senate came to order. Forty-one seconds later, it adjourned.

During this legislative session, there was no bill under consideration, no debate on the floor, not even an opening prayer or a pledge of allegiance. The only senator in the chamber was Mark Warner (D-Va.), the presiding officer.

snip-

The Senate is supposed to be in Memorial Day recess this week. But the chamber is so ungovernable that Majority Leader Harry Reid doesn’t even have the votes to declare a recess. So he decided instead to have a few “pro forma” sessions, such as Tuesday’s, allowing senators to take a vacation without voting for it.

In a sense, the Senate has been in a pro-forma session all year … Although there’s general agreement that the most pressing issue facing the federal government is its runaway finances, the Democrat-controlled Senate hasn’t passed a budget in 762 days, a new standard for dereliction of duty.

It is just the sort of thing that offends Americans about Washington: The triumph of tactical advantage over the national interest. Democrats were understandably embarrassed about voting themselves a vacation so soon after abandoning their budget responsibilities. So when Sen. Jeff Sessions (Ala.), the top Republican on the budget committee, demanded a roll-call vote on the recess, Reid used the pro forma loophole.

Congress clocks in to clock out - The Washington Post

Just as Dingy Harry Reid prefers it?

This is very sad. It was a huge mistake allowing the Democrats to continue controlling the Senate. The American People failed on that one. The Democrats failed miserably with a Super Majority. So this shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Better make 2012 count America. Dems gots to go. Make it happen America.

This is very sad. It was a huge mistake allowing the Democrats to continue controlling the Senate. The American People failed on that one. The Democrats failed miserably with a Super Majority. So this shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Better make 2012 count America. Dems gots to go. Make it happen America.

That's OK...A good majority of Statist Democrats are up for the vote in 2012...They are in fear for their political lives...they will be soundly ejected...

That's OK...A good majority of Statist Democrats are up for the vote in 2012...They are in fear for their political lives...they will be soundly ejected...

I certainly hope so.

demotivational-incompetence.jpg

The American People committed a huge Blunder in the last Elections. The Democrats should not be running anything at this point. The Senate is a dismal failure just like the House was all those years they controlled it. Hopefully the American People will catch on and give the Dems the boot in 2012. I guess we'll see.

So, it's the fault of Democrats that Republicans blocked the recess motion?

The Democrats were in charge of the worst U.S. Congress in History. So i'm sure they'll continue their staggering incompetence in the Senate. I see no reason to expect anything different.

I'm having a hard time deciding which is worse, the democrat's incompetance or their cowardice for not putting anything out there to state their position. It is I think the worst case of poor leadership I've seen fromthe president and the democratic leadership in the Senate since I started paying attention to politics 40 years ago.

I'm having a hard time deciding which is worse, the democrat's incompetance or their cowardice for not putting anything out there to state their position. It is I think the worst case of poor leadership I've seen fromthe president and the democratic leadership in the Senate since I started paying attention to politics 40 years ago.

I have to agree with this.
Last year they were so all fired up to slam thru Obamacare that everything else completely fell by the wayside. Everything.
On the other hand, Obama has done an extraordinary good job if you support in what he is doing.

Reid and Pelosi...I agree, I believe history will will say these two are certainly the worst duo in history.

Cowardice for deciding on any issue based on whether or not it will keep them in office rather than taking a correct course.

I have to agree with this.
Last year they were so all fired up to slam thru Obamacare that everything else completely fell by the wayside. Everything.
On the other hand, Obama has done an extraordinary good job if you support in what he is doing.

Reid and Pelosi...I agree, I believe history will will say these two are certainly the worst duo in history.

And yet Republicans held both houses and the presidency for 6 long years. What did they do on health care or immigration or regulating Wall Street?

Oh, that's right, nothing on immigration, they DE-regulated Wall Street and passed a drugs for votes bill costing trillions. Then there is the enormous deficit they created. The death trap they created in Iraq. The very little they did for Katrina victims including putting them in carcinogenic trailers. Hmmm, wonder if that was an "accident" or a "plan"? And considering the number of scandals, I could go on and on. Justice Department. Outing a covert CIA agent. Soldiers electrocuted in Iraq....................................

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back