WaPo Axes Front-Page Story on Health Care to Avoid Claims of Bias

Polk

Classic
Aug 25, 2009
Ost
What The WaPo Wouldn't Run - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

So the Washington Post was supposed to run a front page story about a free medical clinic in Tennessee, but pulled the story because it could be seen as too supportive of the Affordable Care Act. I guess it's beyond the realm of polite conversation to acknowledge our healthcare system is at third world standards for a significant portion of the population under the pre-ACA status quo.

The question I have though is one about media bias. People on the right constantly complain about the "liberal bias" in the media. Where does that liberal bias live? Surely not at the Washington Post, which cheerleaded for the war in Iraq and cans stories that would harm the conservative narrative that health care is just fine and dandy in America.

What The WaPo Wouldn't Run - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

So the Washington Post was supposed to run a front page story about a free medical clinic in Tennessee, but pulled the story because it could be seen as too supportive of the Affordable Care Act. I guess it's beyond the realm of polite conversation to acknowledge our healthcare system is at third world standards for a significant portion of the population under the pre-ACA status quo.

The question I have though is one about media bias. People on the right constantly complain about the "liberal bias" in the media. Where does that liberal bias live? Surely not at the Washington Post, which cheerleaded for the war in Iraq and cans stories that would harm the conservative narrative that health care is just fine and dandy in America.

Cheerleading the Dimocrat rhetoric about the need to do something about Saddam Hussein from as far back as '98, through the 9/11 attacks, on into '03 and beyond from the likes of Madeline Albright, Bill Clinton, Howard Dean, Sandy Berger, Nancy Pelosi, Jay Rockefeller, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, John Edwards, Evan Bayh, John Kerry, etc., etc., etc. The Washington Post's 'cheerleading' was simply beating the drums for the Dims. Until they all forgot their previous positions, did 180's and blamed it all on Bush and the sinister folks on the right.

People forget... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8]Democrats before Iraq War started.... - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back