WANTED: Moderate Monkeys

Moderate Monkeys will eventually pick a side* during each election just like the wing-nut Monkeys do, but... when the election's over, Moderate Monkeys actively look for things to support, as well as things to ream, both sides on. This is how they start the process of shopping their vote for the next election.

This is the thread to admit that 'those guys', :eusa_shifty: whoever in the fuck 'they' are, just might have a reasonable bone in their body.

It's also the thread to 'shame the devil and tell the truth' and 'fess up about a flaw or two that we see in the mirror, :dunno: whoever in the fuck 'we' are.

It's easy... ass-u-me-ing we're Moderate Monkeys. :cool:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/266960-right-to-work.html

Come on Democrats... If you're uncomfortable with the way some Republicans suck Corporate Cock for 'campaign money', and the cronyism in some of the entrenched, status quo protecting unions is o.k. with you, you might not be a Moderate Monkey.

*Unfortunately, some elections are just easier than others to decide on, but that's the subject of another story.... When was the last time YOU switched parties? :eusa_eh:

Well, I'd be a Moderate. My main interest is Main Street America/the Middle Class. That demographic has been getting really screwed over for quite awhile. The Dems give them lip service but not much else and the GOP is too busy defending the wealthy. So. I'm more than a touch urinated off at the state of both major parties.
I vote for people who can identify in some way or another with my target demographic and who will do something to stop the bleeding of Main Street America/the Middle Class. One of the big qualifiers to get my support is the desire and ability to compromise in a give and take scenario by a candidate. Party label means absolutely nothing to me. Where a candidate stands on the issues (specifically the Middle Class) is by far the determining factor in regards to my vote.

You're like the person in the room with the camera. A hundred photos and you're not in one of them. You asked the question. What's your answer? Or is that a secret? Classified?

Oh hell no... no secret. I'm a registered republican right now. The next two years will tell what I'll be on paper for the next round, I was a democrat in '08. Whoever has the most interesting primaries gets to count me.

I don't except your answer. All you said was that you were going to vote in two years. You did not say why you are going to vote in two years.

That's because I have no idea why I'm going to vote in two years. Do you?

A LOT can happen in 24 months on this wet rock. I might get to hug a politician! :D

Those guys whoever they are need to stop trying to micro-manage my life. Stop the war on the US Constitution. Embrace it, love it, live it and please lead by it.

I dig women who can tell me what they want. I truly do. ;)

Oh hell no... no secret. I'm a registered republican right now. The next two years will tell what I'll be on paper for the next round, I was a democrat in '08. Whoever has the most interesting primaries gets to count me.

I don't except your answer. All you said was that you were going to vote in two years. You did not say why you are going to vote in two years.

That's because I have no idea why I'm going to vote in two years. Do you?

A LOT can happen in 24 months on this wet rock. I might get to hug a politician! :D

I'm voting for Hope and Change again. It's worked so far. :D

It's been the current lesser of two evils on our journey down the road of time toward fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics, and the resulting economy that our kids will drive to the stars.

"Ride, Sally ride...."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvHuv9xVB9E]The Commitments - Mustang Sally - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, ok to talk about societal issues. Just be prepared to be on the losing side of the debate at times. And accept the world is not going to end when you lose, and the people that held the opinion that won are probably just as loyal Americans as you are, they just see things differant.

When you 'Conservatives' cease to immediatly start talking seccession and second amendment solutions every time you lose, you will be taken seriously. Not untill then.

One does long for the conservatives like Bill Buckley. About the only one left that is writing sanely is David Brooks.

Shit man I feel your pain, I haven't seen a good democrat since JFK.

If that's your answer it does. There's nothing worse than talking points repeated without an honest opinion to accompany them.

You're like the person in the room with the camera. A hundred photos and you're not in one of them. You asked the question. What's your answer? Or is that a secret? Classified?

But both parties are for big government. What I find hilarious are those who flip flop from one party to the next think that they are "moderates".

As for myself, I'm actually gaining more respect for the democrat party. After all, they at least preach that bigger government will cure all our ills while the other denies it but still pursues it. It reminds me of Reagan as he belittled big government in word but increased it in deed.

Last edited:

But both parties are for big government. What I find hilarious are those who flip flop from one party to the next think that they are "moderates".

As for myself, I'm actually gaining more respect for the democrat party. After all, they at least preach that bigger government will cure all our ills while the other denies it but still pursues it. It reminds me of Reagan as he belittled big government in word but increased it in deed.

Yes, it would be great if a centralist third party leaped into the scene. In Minnesota, we do have an active Independent Party that fits the mode. And they have won the governorship, elected mayors of states larger cities, councilmen/women;etc. But of course it takes the root of all evil (money) to make a dent in the Big Two's control.

Yes, it would be great if a centralist third party leaped into the scene. In Minnesota, we do have an active Independent Party that fits the mode. And they have won the governorship, elected mayors of states larger cities, councilmen/women;etc. But of course it takes the root of all evil (money) to make a dent in the Big Two's control.

Third party? There is a reason that all countries go down the "big government path". You need to buy votes.

So who will tell the masses that their Social Security and Medicare etc. will be taken away?

Pfft. It would be like the Soviet people not knowing what to do when the USSR split up. Once the government no longer distributed the food they thought they would starve to death.

What do you mean by 'big government'?

Increasing the size and scope of government to help "fix" our never ending problems.

Increasing the size and scope of government to help "fix" our never ending problems.

The question is are you part of the solution or part of the problem.

Can you imagine a world where you had lasting respect for BOTH the republicans AND the democrats? :eusa_think: Can you imagine having what you truly felt was a tough choice in elections?

That's the goal, Monkeys. Hard political choices for the Citizens, not the Politicians.

The longer it takes the moderate Monkeys to make up their minds, the better the election is and, going forward, the best elections will result in fairly evenly split ballots and more than 2 parties with an actual shot at the top.

Eventually, even though it'll require a little homework and effort on your part, you Monkeys will stop paying your political parties to do your thinking for you.

On the road of time, The Internet ROCKS as new type of vehicle! :rock:
:eusa_shhh: And the vehicle that the early 21st Century Monkeys are riding is barely past the "Model-T" stage!

Fly Monkeys.... The Stars are waiting for you.

Can you imagine a world where you had lasting respect for BOTH the republicans AND the democrats? :eusa_think: Can you imagine having what you truly felt was a tough choice in elections?

That's the goal, Monkeys. Hard political choices for the Citizens, not the Politicians.

The longer it takes the moderate Monkeys to make up their minds, the better the election is and, going forward, the best elections will result in fairly evenly split ballots and more than 2 parties with an actual shot at the top.

Eventually, even though it'll require a little homework and effort on your part, you Monkeys will stop paying your political parties to do your thinking for you.

On the road of time, The Internet ROCKS as new type of vehicle! :rock:
:eusa_shhh: And the vehicle that the early 21st Century Monkeys are riding is barely past the "Model-T" stage!

Fly Monkeys.... The Stars are waiting for you.

Much rep worthiness.

Third party? There is a reason that all countries go down the "big government path". You need to buy votes.

So who will tell the masses that their Social Security and Medicare etc. will be taken away?

Pfft. It would be like the Soviet people not knowing what to do when the USSR split up. Once the government no longer distributed the food they thought they would starve to death.

You Monkeys confuse the hell out of me. The resources spent on 'Security' around here boggles the mind - which is understandable, as Girl Monkeys* want 'security' in life above all else, and Boy Monkeys* want Girl Monkeys. It's how the resources are spent that's baffling.

Eventually, the security of the society, the 'Social Security' if you will, including catastrophic medical and property insurance, as well as disability and old age assurance, will be handled by a 'government' bureaucracy on some level.

How many of you Monkeys are naive enough to believe that You, The Monkeys aren't going to be footing the bill for the clean-up after SuperStorm Sandy? The political question isn't 'if' the government is going to clean up after a disaster like Sandy, especially in a nation with the kind of resources in the hands of the American Monkeys...

The political question is, "Who profits from the activity?" :dunno: The guys running the crews who handle the shovels, or the guys running the crews who handle the paperwork?

Eventually you Monkeys will figure out that the Monkey Business which produces nothing, but is required for economic activity, the paperwork services that require only a modest education, a computer, and a butt-load of ca$h to perform, like banking and insurance, should be done at zero 'profit', by fairly paid, hard working bureaucrats who use politically agreed upon rules to met out their decisions.

The Dogs can't wait!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTbNWhsG28]Dogs In Cars - YouTube[/ame]
"Thanks for the ride to the Stars, Monkeys!"​

* Girl Monkeys and Boy Monkeys - If television has taught us anything about intimate Monkey relationships, it's that intimate Monkey Business consists of girl and boy attitudes, with one pursuing security, and the other one pursuing her. While 'male' and 'female' is the predominate manifestation, it doesn't seem to matter in relationships 'secure' or not... Intimate Monkey Business is usually between at least one girl and at least one boy.

Forum List

Back