Wanted: Moderate GOP Activists

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Wanted: Moderate GOP Activists - The Daily Beast

I would have voted for a moderate Republican. I have voted for a moderate Republican. Witht the Republican party losing supporters at alarming rates, I expect the only way they can hold a branch of govenment in the future is to depend on gerrymandering districts to protect the far right loons. It has worked in the House so far. But the demographics are changing so drastically, that little game will come to an end. Then What?

WANTED: Treasonous Republicans to compromise their own values and vote with the Democrats.

I would have voted for a moderate Republican. I have voted for a moderate Republican. Witht the Republican party losing supporters at alarming rates, I expect the only way they can hold a branch of govenment in the future is to depend on gerrymandering districts to protect the far right loons. It has worked in the House so far. But the demographics are changing so drastically, that little game will come to an end. Then What?

Then we wind up with a one-party system.

Not an attractive thought. The silent majority in the United States are moderates. You ignore them at your peril.

The commies expelled their moderates long ago.

L000304.jpg

I don't exactly see what's wrong with providing people with a clear choice between two candidates, instead of providing two candates that are virtually the same.

Why does it matter who wins if they have all the same viewpoints?

Last edited:
WANTED: Treasonous Republicans to compromise their own values and vote with the Democrats.

Republicans who do their job and serve the people who elected them into office.

So you want the conservative Republicans then?

Because ignoring problems or compromising on principles to give us bad legislation isn't exactly going to be benefit the people.

Mostly, that just benefits the politicians.

Because ignoring problems or compromising on principles to give us bad legislation isn't exactly going to be benefit the people.

I want the conservative republican who is willing to compromise when necessary in order to reach a good and balanced deal.

Especially who is not driven by religion, money, or just a kochsucker in general.

Chris Cristie is a good example. He tended to the welfare of his people instead of focusing on politics and power.

Wanted: more batshit insane social conservatives and extremist fundies and evangelicals to further push the once great GOP into the realm of political irrelevance.

So when DEMs compromise and go along with Republican or Conservative bills.. it is doing their job?? Why aren't your DEMs doing their jobs??

Democrats have asked republicans what they wanted many times.

Democrats want GOP to show hand on Medicare in deficit negotiations - The Hill's Healthwatch

Daily Kos: Democrats demand Republicans name the entitlement cuts they want

What the hell did you think Romney was? Oh, I know that Obama and the MSM sold him as an extreme rightwinger, but puh-leaze!

tax tax tax the axe.

When John Boehner can't even get former VP presidential candidate Paul Ryan to vote against sending the nation going over the "fiscal cliff," you know that the Republican/Tea Party is broken.

Unfortunately, the Republicans are engaged in a race to the "right" to appease The Tea Party, which is totally out of step politically as to where the country is really headed.

Demographically, the day of conservative whites and "The Tea Party" casn determine the political agends is rapidly coming to an end - by 2050, Hispanics, Blacks and Orientals will represent 51% of Americans and they already support the Democratics.

Last edited:

Jim, isn't your definition of "moderate" someone with similar views to Pol Pot?

Romney was significantly to the left of JFK.

What the hell did you think Romney was? Oh, I know that Obama and the MSM sold him as an extreme rightwinger, but puh-leaze!

Rmoney sold himself as an extreme right winger, ontop of his flippity floppity mind, and bold lying.

I want the conservative republican who is willing to compromise when necessary in order to reach a good and balanced deal.

Especially who is not driven by religion, money, or just a kochsucker in general.

Chris Cristie is a good example. He tended to the welfare of his people instead of focusing on politics and power.

bullshit, he pitched a fit because John Boehner wouldn't vote on a relief bill that gave one third of the proceeds to other pork projects. he's a fucking fat rino.

Forum List

Back