Wanted: 'Adventurous woman' to give birth to Neanderthal man

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
They're usually thought of as a brutish, primitive species.
So what woman would want to give birth to a Neanderthal baby?
Yet this incredible scenario is the plan of one of the world’s leading geneticists, who is seeking a volunteer to help bring man’s long-extinct close relative back to life.
Professor George Church of Harvard Medical School believes he can reconstruct Neanderthal DNA and resurrect the species which became extinct 33,000 years ago.
His scheme is reminiscent of Jurassic Park but, while in the film dinosaurs were created in a laboratory, Professor Church’s ambitious plan requires a human volunteer.

'Adventurous human woman' wanted to give birth to Neanderthal man by Harvard professor | Mail Online

Yet this incredible scenario is the plan of one of the world’s leading geneticists, who is seeking a volunteer to help bring man’s long-extinct close relative back to life.
Professor George Church of Harvard Medical School believes he can reconstruct Neanderthal DNA and resurrect the species which became extinct 33,000 years ago.
His scheme is reminiscent of Jurassic Park but, while in the film dinosaurs were created in a laboratory, Professor Church’s ambitious plan requires a human volunteer.

'Adventurous human woman' wanted to give birth to Neanderthal man by Harvard professor | Mail Online

Not so adventurous. Pretty much every woman who has ever born a son has given birth to a Neanderthal. I was going to break the mold. But alas............

That may be a very bad idea. What if the specimen is born to murder other beings at a certain age? Was it a vector between viruses that attack animals only and viruses that attack homo erectus (modern man)?

There had to be a reason that specie was not invited to the advanced human party. I see its extinction as a huge warning sign. I could be wrong, but the saying I'm thinking is it could likely be smarter to "let old dogs lie."

Last edited:
They can hardly get DNA from Neanderthal fossils. My guess is that Harvard professor is looking for an adventurous woman for other projects.

That may be a very bad idea. What if the specimen is born to murder other beings at a certain age? Was it a vector between viruses that attack animals only and viruses that attack homo erectus (modern man)?

There had to be a reason that specie was not invited to the advanced human party. I see its extinction as a huge warning sign. I could be wrong, but the saying I'm thinking is it could likely be smarter to "let old dogs lie."

Good point.

Actually some bacteria aren't dangerous to man at all until infected with a phage. Diptheria is an example. Diphtheria Mother nature is a complex woman.

Just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we should do a thing. But notice that once we could do a thing we always have. And messing with mother nature has brought its own seeds of destruction every time.

They can hardly get DNA from Neanderthal fossils. My guess is that Harvard professor is looking for an adventurous woman for other projects.

I'm not sure I'm reading this as his using actual DNA from a Neanderthal. Just that he is going to 'reconstruct' it. Reconstruction does not have to be actual. And DNA manipulation is not difficult. I have a friend who teaches high school scinece and she gets the things needed for it from the biological supply houses. She and her students have been cutting and splicing DNA for at least 20 years.

But then you do have a point and there are gullible people who will fall for about anything.

Not so adventurous. Pretty much every woman who has ever born a son has given birth to a Neanderthal. I was going to break the mold. But alas............

You sound like you could have co-authored the SCUM Manifesto with Valerie Solanas.

That says more about you than anything else.

Adventurous = Easy/Slutty? :confused:

What happens if it's a Homo Neanderthal? Would we have to call it Homo Erectus Neanderthal? I'd like a ruling on this.

Forum List

Back