Want your Kids to Learn US History?

There are many ways, depending on what implement you use.
But are they effective? The current state of dental health suggests that many don't floss at all. I think many view it as a pain in the ass to do daily, especially when they are in a hurry. Perhaps they should be taught to get up a little earlier. Of course this would mean going to bed a little earlier, which also would be viewed negatively. See how those dominos fall.

Last edited:
If a mother allows her daughter to go out dressed like a whore, the Algebra teacher isn't going to stop her from acting like one.
A dress code would solve that problem. Of course what red-blooded male teacher doesn't like to sneak peeks at blossoming young ladies who are not above showing off their 'charms'.

Last edited:
:lol:
It never has.
You mean the girl would still look like a whore in a conservative skirt and blouse?

Even without a dress code this is how girls dressed in my day, but the skirts were longer, always below the knee, and even longer.

1649176273589.png

Last edited:
It's no wonder that American kids grow up to hate their country. All they're taught in school is about americas' past transgressions. They don't learn about how we saved the world from fascism and communism
Its been a few decades since I was in school. What transgressions are you referring to?

It actually is more complicated.

College students pay to learn. If they can't keep up, too bad. My statement refers to grades K through 12. Actually upon reflection teaching is really too fast for many kids. The teaching model needs to include mentoring of the slow learners by those who are faster.

Educators must also deal with the baggage that many kids bring into the class with them.
Are you and the other taxpayers willing to pay for that? No. End of discussion.

A dress code would solve that problem. Of course what red-blooded male teacher doesn't like to sneak peeks at blossoming young ladies who are not above showing off their 'charms'.
Dress codes are an idiots response to the problem. I taught at an all-boys public middle school in the inner city. Students wore a shirt and tie to class, and were not allowed to wear blue jeans. The discipline problems in the situation were extreme. The dress code did not matter.

Dress codes are an idiots response to the problem. I taught at an all-boys public middle school in the inner city. Students wore a shirt and tie to class, and were not allowed to wear blue jeans. The discipline problems in the situation were extreme. The dress code did not matter.
That suggests we've reached the tipping point where kids are completely out of control. Liberal parents and teachers should rejoice.

No need. Just cut teacher's pay until they do their job.
How about we cut out pieces of you brain until you become smart?

Teachers are the second lowest paid profession requiring a college degree. I made over $50K once in a 21 year career and that was because they gave me 11 years credit for my military service. I was being paid on scale for the highest paid teachers in the district. That district was so far away from home, I had to rent a room for Sunday through Thursday nights.

As an assistant principal, working all year long (summers included), I made $42K. Teacher pay sucks in most areas of the country.

Forum List

Back