Want to write for USMB?....come on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your post, longknife! It was very good! You are a wonderful writer!

Thank you.

The problem of doing this on a regular basis is that it would seriously cut into the time I need to spend on the current story I'm writing.
I have become a fan. I love your style, the stories you find to write about and your attention to detail, Longknife. You have a gift for writing.

Thank you.

The problem of doing this on a regular basis is that it would seriously cut into the time I need to spend on the current story I'm writing.
I have become a fan. I love your style, the stories you find to write about and your attention to detail, Longknife. You have a gift for writing.

Thank you.

That being the case, check out my Author's Page on Amazon.com @ Amazon.com: Dale Day: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Ladies and gents sometime in the next two weeks we will be installing word press on the front end for those that are interested in writing/publishing their own articles. We are not necessarily looking for professional writers as much as we are looking for writers that can write an op ed devoid of inflammatory and/or insulting language. Pick your favorite online rag and check out their op ed's and you get a taste for what we are looking for.

To keep things balanced we will be looking for 3 or 6 writers in total. One or two from each party (Republican, Democrat and Libertarian/Independent). Yes Libertarian and Independent are two different parties but in the spirit of this endeavor we will apply the KISS principle.

So how will this work? If we end up six (6) solid writers--two from each category--we'll go forward with the six writers. If we can't fill out the entire field of six writers across the board evenly we'll have to cut down to 3 writers until we have the rest of the field filled out.

To apply:
  • Contact cereal_killer via private message/conversation titled "USMB Writer" and let me know your interested in applying.
  • You will receive email address's to submit a sample of your work and further instructions.
  • Sample can consist of anything that is currently going on in the world today (past or present). Politics, climate change, mass shootings, constitution, election process -- you name it, anything goes. If your passionate about it, write about it.
  • Sample should be 500 words or less.
  • No inflammatory and/or insulting language
  • Submit your piece on the forums (OPTIONAL)
To keep things balanced writers will be limited to a MAXIMUM of two (2) articles a day and there will be no minimum requirement.

Good luck writers!

Interesting.. What's the exposure? Are you gonna add a USMB blog or something like that?
I'm sure I could inform and entertain you once in awhile. But the carrot would be getting the promotion of readership for the work that will be done..
Exposure is a measly 1.564M page views a month :) We'll be adding Word Press or another add-on to the front end of USMB. It will look really nice and professional. Not your standard looking thread like you see here.

note 1

Ladies and gents sometime in the next two weeks we will be installing word press on the front end for those that are interested in writing/publishing their own articles. We are not necessarily looking for professional writers as much as we are looking for writers that can write an op ed devoid of inflammatory and/or insulting language. Pick your favorite online rag and check out their op ed's and you get a taste for what we are looking for.

To keep things balanced we will be looking for 3 or 6 writers in total. One or two from each party (Republican, Democrat and Libertarian/Independent). Yes Libertarian and Independent are two different parties but in the spirit of this endeavor we will apply the KISS principle.

So how will this work? If we end up six (6) solid writers--two from each category--we'll go forward with the six writers. If we can't fill out the entire field of six writers across the board evenly we'll have to cut down to 3 writers until we have the rest of the field filled out.

To apply:
  • Contact cereal_killer via private message/conversation titled "USMB Writer" and let me know your interested in applying.
  • You will receive email address's to submit a sample of your work and further instructions.
  • Sample can consist of anything that is currently going on in the world today (past or present). Politics, climate change, mass shootings, constitution, election process -- you name it, anything goes. If your passionate about it, write about it.
  • Sample should be 500 words or less.
  • No inflammatory and/or insulting language
  • Submit your piece on the forums (OPTIONAL)
To keep things balanced writers will be limited to a MAXIMUM of two (2) articles a day and there will be no minimum requirement.

Good luck writers!

Interesting.. What's the exposure? Are you gonna add a USMB blog or something like that?
I'm sure I could inform and entertain you once in awhile. But the carrot would be getting the promotion of readership for the work that will be done..
note 2

I'm already owned by the Koch Brothers, they pay me $24.95 per post. What they don't yet realize is that I have the same deal with each brother, they EACH pay me $24.95/post! Thankfully they're not co-joined like Chang and Eng Bunker or the jig would have been up ages ago
WE ALWAYS KNEW

someone was paying you!!!!! :D

Thank you.

Thank you.

That being the case, check out my Author's Page on Amazon.com @ Amazon.com: Dale Day: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

I just read your Amazon bio. My father was a typewriter mechanic ( office machine repairman ) after he retired from the army with the rank of master sergeant.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I just read your Amazon bio. My father was a typewriter mechanic ( office machine repairman ) after he retired from the army with the rank of master sergeant.

When did he retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back