Want to live in Mexico?

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Two Americans killed in Tijuana; lived in Mexico for low cost of living

TIJUANA, Mexico - Two men killed by a gunman who opened fire while they waited in line to reach a Tijuana border crossing were U.S. citizens, a diplomat said Tuesday, and their San Diego employer described them as diligent workers who had moved to the Mexican border city so they could afford to live on the beach.

U.S. Consulate spokesman Joseph L. Crook said the men were waiting in line in their vehicle early Monday almost half a mile from the San Ysidro crossing, one of the world's busiest ports of entry.

"Our condolences go out to their families at this difficult time," the consulate said in a statement. "We are working closely with the Mexican authorities to ascertain all of the facts."

He did not release their names, saying officials were still trying to contact their families.

More than 34,000 people, including an increasing number of U.S. citizens, have been killed in Mexico's drug war but shootings of people waiting in line to cross into the United States are extremely rare.

Prosecutors in Baja California state quoted witnesses as saying a gunman approached the line and fired into the men's pickup truck, hitting the victims in the head, arms and body. Both victims were dead by the time authorities arrived.

The state attorney general's office said Tuesday that investigators had discounted drugs as a possible motive in the killings, and were looking into possible motives related to the victims' families or work.

Matt Pelot of San Diego-based West Coast Beverage Maintenance, confirmed the victims were his employees: Kevin Romero, 28, and Sergio Salcido, 25.

He said Romero's sister called him Monday morning to tell him they had been killed.

"She just said 'I just wanted to let you know that Sergio and Kevin were shot and killed this morning at the border,' and obviously I was taken aback," he said. "I was in shock, and I'm still in shock. These were good guys. Obviously no one deserves to die like this, but these were good guys."

The men, who were good friends and had worked for Pelot for more than a year, were crossing around 2:40 a.m. as they usually did to beat the long lines that form later in the morning when thousands cross to go to work or school on the U.S. side, Pelot said. They had moved to Tijuana because of the lower cost of living.

"Kevin Romero didn't even drink beer," Pelot said. "These guys weren't dealing drugs, that's for sure. If Sergio was your friend, he'd give you the shirt off his back. Kevin was the same. He was a real family oriented guy who couldn't wait to get home and take a walk on his beach with his son and dogs."

In the first six months of 2010, the latest State Department figures available, 49 Americans were victims of homicide in Mexico, up from 37 for the same period in 2009 and 19 in the first half of 2008.

Elsewhere, Mexican federal police have arrested another suspect in the attack that killed one U.S. immigration agent and wounded another on a highway in central Mexico nearly two months ago, authorities said Tuesday.

Federal police said the man, Jose Manuel Garcia Soto, alias "El Safado," or "The Crazy One," had confessed to participating in the Feb. 15 killing of Jaime Zapata and wounding of Victor Avila. Both men were agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Garcia Soto, 30, was arrested Saturday in the northern state of San Luis Potosi, where the attack took place, federal police said.

Two Americans killed in Tijuana; lived in Mexico for low cost of living

Genocide in Mexico...
:eek:
Mexican Police Find Mass Grave While Investigating Abductions
Thursday, April 07, 2011 - Mexican security forces searching for abducted bus passengers in a violent northern state bordering Texas have stumbled on a collection of pits holding a total of 59 bodies.
The grisly find was made near the ranch where drug cartel gunmen less than a year ago massacred 72 migrants who were trying to reach the United States. Investigators struggled to exhume the bodies in the mass grave to determine whether they belonged to kidnapped bus passengers, migrants who frequently ride buses in the area, or drug traffickers executed by rivals.

Tamaulipas state investigators and federal authorities went to the site about 80 miles (130 kilometers) south of the border at Brownsville, Texas, to investigate reports that gunmen had begun stopping buses and pulling off some passengers in the area starting March 25. Two other such cases were reported in subsequent days, in what may have been an attempt at forced recruitment by a drug gang, Tamaulipas state interior secretary Morelos Canseco said. The gunmen reportedly abducted almost exclusively men and allowed the remaining passengers to continue on their way.

State and federal investigators and soldiers conducted the raid, but differed on what exactly happened. The federal Interior Department said the first pit was discovered Saturday and soldiers detained five suspected kidnappers. Tamaulipas officials said the pits were found Wednesday, and a total of 11 suspected kidnappers were captured and five kidnap victims were freed. The reason for the discrepancy was not clear.

MORE

I don't think the cheaper cost of living is worth it...but I wish they'd stop letting them take our jobs so that we are stuck with artificially low wages.

Hell no would I want to live in mexico. Never been there, never wanted to be there even for a short visit. Nothing they have interests me. But Im tired of their filth drifting this way in the pacific where we have to close OUR beaches.

Mexico is great, it's the Mexicans that suck

I don't think the cheaper cost of living is worth it...but I wish they'd stop letting them take our jobs so that we are stuck with artificially low wages.

Still statistically safer than living in Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Los Angeles, and Miami.

One lesson. Big government gives us artificially higher wages with the minimum wage laws. Our capitalism loving corrupt corporations illegally hire illegal aliens (humans) to work in this country below the minimum wage.

Is Mexico really safer than some of our larger ghettos? (I honestly do not know) I have East St Louis on the other side of the river. Wouldn't want to live there for the lower cost of living. Too bad some folks have to. Mexico can't be safer with its open Mafia wars, can it be?

Who's more violent, America's Negros or Mexico's Mexicans?

Still statistically safer than living in Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Los Angeles, and Miami.

One lesson. Big government gives us artificially higher wages with the minimum wage laws. Our capitalism loving corrupt corporations illegally hire illegal aliens (humans) to work in this country below the minimum wage.

Is Mexico really safer than some of our larger ghettos? (I honestly do not know) I have East St Louis on the other side of the river. Wouldn't want to live there for the lower cost of living. Too bad some folks have to. Mexico can't be safer with its open Mafia wars, can it be?

Mexico City, Tijuana, Guadalajara, and the easy mark area of Cancun are dangerous. Pretty much everywhere else north of Acapulco is if you're not an idiot.

Granny says dey killin' ever'body down there...
13 more bodies found in Mexico mass graves
April 8, 2011, The bodies were found in a different spot in the state of Tamaulipas than graves where 59 corpses were found earlier. Authorities found those bodies while investigating kidnappings of bus passengers.
Mexican authorities announced Friday the discovery of 13 more bodies in the violence-torn border state of Tamaulipas, where 59 bodies were unearthed in eight pits earlier this week. It was not immediately clear if the latest two graves, found Thursday, were related to the others. The 13 bodies, all men and thought to be Mexican, were discovered in a different spot than the other graves, a state official said. Authorities found the previous bodies while investigating mass kidnappings of passengers from buses passing through the area.

Last year, 72 migrants from Central and South America were found slain on a remote ranch in the same region. That massacre was blamed on the Zetas, an ultra-violent drug gang that engages in migrant-smuggling, extortion and kidnapping. Tamaulipas officials have only begun identifying the latest bodies. Preliminary evidence suggests that the 59 bodies found earlier were of Mexicans, not foreign migrants, officials said.

The discoveries have added to a sense that Tamaulipas, for decades a drug-smuggling corridor and now scene of a bloody feud between the Zetas and former allies, has slipped from the control of Mexican authorities. The area is along a highway that serves as a path for U.S.-bound migrants from Mexico and Central America.

Morelos Jaime Canseco, government secretary for Tamaulipas, said officials have been in touch with authorities in other parts of Mexico, including the central states of Guanajuato and Queretaro, where residents have reported the disappearances of loved ones who went missing on their way north. Border-bound buses from the north-central city of San Luis Potosi could have been carrying people from all over Mexico, he said.

MORE

I am just doing some math here. St louis city is rather bad. We just dont have days where 99 bodies are found though. Even when a WASP serial killer is on the loose.

So i believe Mexico is more of a hell hole than our worst ghetto.

Bones found in Mexico pit used by body dissolver

TIJUANA, Mexico – Investigators have unearthed human bones and teeth from pits used by a man known as the "Stew-maker," who confessed to dissolving 300 bodies of drug cartel victims, prosecutors said Friday.
Miguel Angel Guerrero, head of the Baja California state prosecutors' office on disappearances, said about 30 bone fragments and 15 tooth fragments were dug up Monday at a ranch in eastern Tijuana that was once occupied by Santiago "El Pozolero" Meza Lopez.
Pozole is a form of hominy stew, made with corn processed with caustic soda. Meza purportedly used a similar process to dissolve his victims.
Laboratory testing will determine the number of bodies found in the three adjoining graves, each about a yard (meter) deep, Guerrero said.
The remains would be the first confirmed victims of Meza, who has told authorities that he dissolved 300 bodies at various ranches in this border city before his arrest in January 2009.
The Citizen's Association Against Impunity, a Tijuana group that has pushed authorities to find the remains, said it hopes the fragments can be linked to some of the nearly 300 people it estimates have disappeared in Tijuana since 1997.
"It sounds bad to say, but this makes us happy in a certain way," said Fernando Ocegueda, the group's secretary, whose 23-year-old son vanished in 2007

Bones found in Mexico pit used by body dissolver - FoxNews.com

Forum List

Back