Want to know what comes from Ferguson? Read Punisher 2099 by Marvel comics

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
I've been watching and keeping up with the Ferguson debacle as much as anyone, and I keep thinking about some comics I read, and still own, from the 90's.

Punisher 2099 is set in the year of the title. One of the things that I remember is the Public Eye. The Public Eye are the cops of the time, only they aren't paid by taxes anymore. Oh no, they are paid by any individual who wants their protection. The law officers we now know are a thing of the past, and whatever you do, you don't want to let your payment to the Public Eye to be late, or to drop their services.

One of the parts was a scene with a man on the holo-phone, running from muggers/killers. He was begging the Public Eye for help, and when they looked up his account, they found him delinquent in his payments, thus they told him, as soon as he brings his account current, he will receive help.

With law enforcement coming under more and more fire, less and less people will want to go into that public service in the future. If you think the cops are bad now, just wait.

I'

With law enforcement coming under more and more fire, less and less people will want to go into that public service in the future. If you think the cops are bad now, just wait.

Horseshit. There will always be guys and gals who just want to be cops. Some for the right reason, some for the wrong reason.

Maybe if your intellect evolved above Comic Books, you'd be worth having a conversation with.

Forum List

Back