Want to average 64 extra Paid Days off?

Your benefits are obscene and probably bleeding out whatever government entity is used to funnel taxpayer money to you.

34 days of PTO with sick time on top of it? Insanity.

Thanks for being part of the problem.

I get 5 weeks of vacation (25 days), 12 sick days (should I choose to use them), 3 personal days, and 8 Holidays off.

And I work for a private company. This has been pretty standard wherever I worked after a few years at the firm.

I don't end up using them all of course, but that adds up to alot more than 34 days off.

It don't matter to boedicca LWC. After she found out I worked for the government I became "the problem." Guess she doesn't realize that we(gov. employees) pay the same taxes she does.

No you don't. Unless you are paid a similar wage as a comparable private sector employ, pay into SS and have a 401K instead of a defined benefit pension that is out of whack with the labor market, you are a recipient of taxpayer funded transfer payments.

Your benefits are obscene and probably bleeding out whatever government entity is used to funnel taxpayer money to you.

34 days of PTO with sick time on top of it? Insanity.

Thanks for being part of the problem.

I get 5 weeks of vacation (25 days), 12 sick days (should I choose to use them), 3 personal days, and 8 Holidays off.

And I work for a private company. This has been pretty standard wherever I worked after a few years at the firm.

I don't end up using them all of course, but that adds up to alot more than 34 days off.

It don't matter to boedicca LWC. After she found out I worked for the government I became "the problem." Guess she doesn't realize that we(gov. employees) pay the same taxes she does.

that's retarded... no surprises though.

i figure you do your job for about half of what it would be cost if a private company did it.

He didn't include his holidays in the total - the government takes more holidays than anyone.

Nor did he provide a specified cap on sick leave.

Look it up woman. Everything I get, pay and benefits, are on public records.

You're the one who brought it up. I have no desire to spend my time trying to figure out exactly which bloated, inefficient, government entity pays you to goof off for a large portion of the work day.

Last edited:
Anyone want to know why Cities are out of Money?

Read this, it will make you laugh or puke :lol:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TXDAM&TEMPLATE=STRANGEHEADS.html&SECTION=HOME

Laugh, puke or spit.

I heard this story this morning on talk radio.
The fact that some of these bus drivers had to take two months off from work because of being spat upon is just re-donk-ulous! Can't say for sure, but seems to me they're working the system. Hell, I work with union people and I see it all the time.

So, if one of these bus drivers is on his/her first day back to work and they are spat upon again, do they then get another couple of months off? Please. Maybe it's time for them to get away from the public sector.

Firefighters
Police
Nurses
Teachers

All deal with unruly disgusting people in their jobs. I have to wonder if the same kind of benefits apply to them.

that's retarded... no surprises though.

i figure you do your job for about half of what it would be cost if a private company did it.

Simply not true. If I were to upkeep/run the same equipment for a corp. than I would be making twice as much. The only difference is that I wouldn't be getting a discount on the equipment that I get b/c it's for higher education.

No you don't. Unless you are paid a similar wage as a comparable private sector employ, pay into SS and have a 401K instead of a defined benefit pension that is out of whack with the labor market, you are a recipient of taxpayer funded transfer payments.

Do you honestly believe I'm in some special tax bracket b/c I work for the government!?!

He didn't include his holidays in the total - the government takes more holidays than anyone.

Nor did he provide a specified cap on sick leave.

Look it up woman. Everything I get, pay and benefits, are on public records.

You're the one who brought it up. I have no desire to spend my time trying to figure out exactly which bloated, inefficient, government entity pays you to goof off for a large portion of the work day.

I may have been the one who brought up the amount of vacation time I get, btw I get that much time b/c I've worked here for a long time, you are the one making false accusations on how I'm wasting the tax payers money... Instead of assuming why not do some research on it so you don't make anymore foolish statements that you were probably spoon fed by whatever nutjob you watch or listen to.

Forum List

Back