Want The REAL News?

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
All the standard TV news channels (ABC, NBC, MSNBC, Fox, etc.) are currently running a constant stream of increasingly monotonous reportage of and endless speculations on the Presidential race -- and very little more in the way of any real and relevant international and domestic news.

Those who wish to circumvent this brainwash of tightly controlled media output are strongly advised to visit RT's website to find the most convenient way to tune in this real news channel. There you will learn more in ten minutes than you could by watching the standard channels for a month.

For example, I just learned from the five full minute interview of Brandon Raub's lawyer that Raub has been released because there never was any reason to hold him.

Go here and take the time to find how to tune RT in on tv or computer. You'll be glad you did.

News

I, too, recommend Russia Today. I've been tuning-in for about two years now. But allow me to recommend the source of investigative journalism that is universally regarded as possibly the most un-biased source worldwide.

It's based in the UK, and is called Private Eye. Remember the British MPs' expenses scandal that broke a year and a half ago? Well, it may come as some surprise to learn that Private Eye began publically pointing the finger in 2004. Aside from that, their long list of exclusive scoops is almost endless.

The financial pages, penned by the financial journalist Michael Gillard under the pseudonym Slicker, are so notoriously accurate that they're required reading at the the City of London Economic Crimes Unit, Scotland Yard, The Serious Fraud Squad, the FBI, SEC and countless other agencies worldwide. Some of you may of heard of the sentence handed down to the Cypriot fugative who returned to the UK to face charges of fraud and theft. His name is Asil Nadir, and he ran the UK's most successful company during the '80s. But Slicker saw through the facade and began looking into Nadir's affairs. Private Eye remained riduculed and alone in their mounting suspicion until Nadir skipped the country in '93. He was handed down a prison sentence of ten years this afternoon. The number of heads that have rolled at Slicker's feet run into three digits.

Their editor, Ian Hislop, remains the most sued man in British legal history. Private Eye isn't available online. But seeing as it breaks the news long before any other outlet, at £28 for a yearly subscription it's well worth it.

Seriously, look 'em up. You won't regret it. Neither left or right is safe when Private Eye are on the case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back