Want marriage? Then get the government out.

Marriage is a Right According to the Supreme Court for a Specific Reason...

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."

LOVING V. VIRGINIA, 388 U. S. 1 :: Volume 388 :: 1967 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

Loving was about Race... A Black and a White CAN Create Life...

Denying them Marriage Defies our very Existence and Survival as a Species.

Homosexuals can NOT Marry the Flesh and can NOT Procreate with each other.

That is why Civil Unions for other than is the Answer for your Legal/Medical Issues.

Incorrect.

You misinterpret the citation. The right to marriage is not predicated on the ability to procreate, otherwise infertile opposite-sex couples could be restricted from marriage. As the Court noted in Lawrence v. Texas: ‘individual decisions by married persons, concerning the intimacies of their physical relationship, even when not intended to produce offspring, are a form of “liberty” protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Moreover, this protection extends to intimate choices by unmarried as well as married persons.”’

You seriously don't know the difference between a right and a privilege? Explains a lot. All marriage is a privilege. We have a right to marriage, my God.

You have the right to remain silent. The right to a court-appointed attorney. You have the right to sing the blues. You have the right to cable TV. You have the right to sublet. You have the right to paint the walls. No loud colors.

You may believe marriage is whatever you wish.

According to the law it’s a right. Whether you obey the law is up to you.

Heterosexuality and Homosexuality are Inherently NOT Equal.

Homosexuals Defy their Heterosexual Physical Design by Nature, which they are FREE to do...

Where the Line is is when you Expect the other 95% of Society to Embrace it as something it's Not... Equal.

Have a Civil Union and Smile... Feel lucky Islam isn't the Law here.

But all persons are equal, regardless of sexual orientation.

Well.. I guess it's discriminatory when you won't call me African American... I mean... I wish to be called that and recognized as that by the government.... I feel I have always been, even if my skin is white, even if I am seen as different by other African Americans... I want the same extra privileges that are given to that minority group because I feel I am one... I am human just as they are... I want affirmative action working for me...

DISCRIMINATION!!! It should not only be black skinned or black heritage that are to be called "African American", because that would be discriminatory

No one is asking for ‘extra privileges,’ merely equal access to the laws.

All contracts have legal implications. That does not mean the government has to issue the contract, or determine who gets to sign the contract.

No, states write the contract laws, establish guidelines and requirements to ensure they are fair and can be enforced.

As with the right to vote or the right to own a firearm, marriage is a right regulated by the state to ensure compliance with regulatory statues.

Just as the state can not deny homosexuals equal access to the right to vote, so to the state may not deny them equal access to the right to marry.

[
Just as the state can not deny homosexuals equal access to the right to vote, so to the state may not deny them equal access to the right to marry.

Homosexuals have exactly the same rights to marry as anyone else. Period.
It is amazing how often this myth gets handed around.

Homosexuals have exactly the same rights to marry as anyone else. Period.
It is amazing how often this myth gets handed around.

What's amazing how often this strawman is dug up in these arguments.

Forum List

Back