Want marriage? Then get the government out.

No species is homosexual. If they were, they would have died out a long time ago. There might be mutant individuals within a species that somehow acquired a perverse instinct towards unnatural inclinations. But that does not mean anything for the species as a whole.

Same sex sexuality occurs so regularly, and with such frequency in mammals that it is indeed considered normal by scientists.

People who make these sorts of comments clearly never spent any time on a farm or in the country, but have spent their lives surrounded by bricks, mortar, and pavement.

If it's simply a Right that Everyone has, then Siblings have the same Right...

If you southern fundies want to marry your siblings, you'll simply have to take your case to court. If no compelling state reason can be found to prevent you from marrying your sister, then you and she can run off to Vegas.

They could just move to Alabama, where it is still legal to marry your first cousin (true story).

Heterosexuality and Homosexuality are Inherently NOT Equal.

Homosexuals Defy their Heterosexual Physical Design by Nature, which they are FREE to do...

Where the Line is is when you Expect the other 95% of Society to Embrace it as something it's Not... Equal.

Have a Civil Union and Smile... Feel lucky Islam isn't the Law here. :thup:

:)

peace...

You are not required to accept or embrace, only tolerate. Homosexuality is found in hundreds of animal species (i.e. in "nature") so how do you defy nature with something found in nature?

You fundies make no sense...which is why your anti-gay rhetoric is losing in the world of public opinion...

No species is homosexual. If they were, they would have died out a long time ago.
There might be mutant individuals within a species that somehow acquired a perverse instinct towards unnatural inclinations. But that does not mean anything for the species as a whole.

No one is required to tolerate homosexuality. Any more than anyone is required to tolerate statutory rape or shoplifting.

Homosexuals have every right to marry, just like heterosexuals. They are denied nothing, except societal recognition that their perverse "lifestyle" is normal. And that's what this is really all about.

:lol: Life is sure gonna suck for you when gay marriage is a reality across the country.

You are not required to accept or embrace, only tolerate. Homosexuality is found in hundreds of animal species (i.e. in "nature") so how do you defy nature with something found in nature?

You fundies make no sense...which is why your anti-gay rhetoric is losing in the world of public opinion...

No species is homosexual. If they were, they would have died out a long time ago.
There might be mutant individuals within a species that somehow acquired a perverse instinct towards unnatural inclinations. But that does not mean anything for the species as a whole.

No one is required to tolerate homosexuality. Any more than anyone is required to tolerate statutory rape or shoplifting.

Homosexuals have every right to marry, just like heterosexuals. They are denied nothing, except societal recognition that their perverse "lifestyle" is normal. And that's what this is really all about.

:lol: Life is sure gonna suck for you when gay marriage is a reality across the country.

And 10% of the population is gay.
Keep telling yourself these myths, Nancy.

Posted this before... but I'll post it again...

Get government out of marriage or whatever else you wish to call a family unit of whatever kind, except for in the legal sense... I.E. where legal matters apply... inheritance, power of attorney for emergencies, taxation, etc....

What someone else chooses to do between them as consenting adults is their business... BUT... I should not be forced by the government to accept the choices of others... I do not have to accept someone who commits crimes, or curses like a sailor, or hates dogs, or chews with their mouth open, or wears hot pants, or whatever else... in public I must tolerate the actions of others I may not agree with, BUT I should not and will not be forced to accept choices by law... even though I personally have the utmost respect for my gay friends, enjoy having them over for parties and visits, etc... I do not agree with a law that forces that acceptance upon the entire citizenry

Get government out of marriage or whatever else you wish to call a family unit of whatever kind, except for in the legal sense... I.E. where legal matters apply... inheritance, power of attorney for emergencies, taxation, etc....

Since marriage is a legal state, how do you propose doing that?

What someone else chooses to do between them as consenting adults is their business... BUT... I should not be forced by the government to accept the choices of others... I do not have to accept someone who commits crimes, or curses like a sailor, or hates dogs, or chews with their mouth open, or wears hot pants, or whatever else... in public I must tolerate the actions of others I may not agree with, BUT I should not and will not be forced to accept choices by law... even though I personally have the utmost respect for my gay friends, enjoy having them over for parties and visits, etc... I do not agree with a law that forces that acceptance upon the entire citizenry

How are you being forced to accept the choices of others? You say you have respect for your gay friends, but don't say what they're doing that you have to accept, despite saying there's a legal component involved? Heterosexual couples force things on others, lsuch as childless individuals paying for their children's education. What are same sex couples who want to get married doing that's even close to that?

Heterosexuality and Homosexuality are Inherently NOT Equal.

Homosexuals Defy their Heterosexual Physical Design by Nature, which they are FREE to do...

Where the Line is is when you Expect the other 95% of Society to Embrace it as something it's Not... Equal.

Have a Civil Union and Smile... Feel lucky Islam isn't the Law here. :thup:

:)

peace...

Laughing at Rabbi trying to sell his...

Homosexuals are allowed to marry people of the opposite sex so their rights are not violated

I am of the persuasion that the approach gay activists have been taking is grossly wrong. Marriage is really just an agreement (or contract, promise, covenant; call it what you please) between two consenting adults. All individuals have the inherent right to form contractual agreements with each other.

So marriage is a right, right? Wrong. In American society, marriage is a government granted privilege. You can't get married unless the government gives you the OK. Government has taken away the right of marriage from all of us and replaced it with a privilege that it has the sole power to hand out and regulate.

Rather than call for expanding the privilege by making gay marriage legal, proponents of gay marriage (or those dislike gay marriage but still say it should be legal) should be demanding that government get out of marriage altogether. Marriage is a type of contract that has been perverted into a privilege. If you want the right to marry, repeal that perversion.

Furthermore, who needs to be convinced that gay marriage should be allowed? Social conservatives who often are in favor of smaller government everywhere else, that's who. Making the argument that marriage should be returned to the private sector and government should be reduced would probably be more persuasive than demanding that government further expand its granted privileges. The approach taken is another sad example of current societal tendencies to turn to government for answers rather than the free market.

That's my two cents.

I'm with ya 100% on this issue.

The mistake was granting the government any authority over marriage to begin with.

Of course we did so in order to establish laws regarding inheritance.

Marriage is a legal contract and most of it has to do with property rights.

Telling Gays that they cannot enter into such a domestic contract makes no more sense than telling people they can't fall in love because you don't approve of them as a couple.

What business is it of mine or yours, OR the government's, if two people freely want to create a domestic union?

Marriage seems to often contradict the part of our founding fathers document that says "to promote domestic tranquility".
Or is that the part that gives the govt control over marriage?

I am of the persuasion that the approach gay activists have been taking is grossly wrong. Marriage is really just an agreement (or contract, promise, covenant; call it what you please) between two consenting adults. All individuals have the inherent right to form contractual agreements with each other.

So marriage is a right, right? Wrong. In American society, marriage is a government granted privilege. You can't get married unless the government gives you the OK. Government has taken away the right of marriage from all of us and replaced it with a privilege that it has the sole power to hand out and regulate.

Rather than call for expanding the privilege by making gay marriage legal, proponents of gay marriage (or those dislike gay marriage but still say it should be legal) should be demanding that government get out of marriage altogether. Marriage is a type of contract that has been perverted into a privilege. If you want the right to marry, repeal that perversion.

Furthermore, who needs to be convinced that gay marriage should be allowed? Social conservatives who often are in favor of smaller government everywhere else, that's who. Making the argument that marriage should be returned to the private sector and government should be reduced would probably be more persuasive than demanding that government further expand its granted privileges. The approach taken is another sad example of current societal tendencies to turn to government for answers rather than the free market.

That's my two cents.

i'm afraid it's you that's wrong on the bolded part and i'll direct your attention to Loving v Virginia:

These statutes also deprive the Lovings of liberty without due process of law in violation of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541 (1942). See also Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190 (1888). To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual, and cannot be infringed by the State.

Loving v. Virginia

It's really important, when opining about constitutional issues, that one looks at the caselaw.

oh... and this has been said upteenth times, but apparently has to be repeated.... the state CANNOT get out of marriage because marriage conveys over 1,000 rights and obligations. nor should or could only religious pairings be called "marriage" because that would be discriminatory.

Last edited:
It is a right...per at least two Supreme Court decisions...a fundamental right.

You seriously don't know the difference between a right and a privilege? Explains a lot. All marriage is a privilege. We have a right to marriage, my God.

You have the right to remain silent. The right to a court-appointed attorney. You have the right to sing the blues. You have the right to cable TV. You have the right to sublet. You have the right to paint the walls. No loud colors

What is wrong with what I said? Prove me wrong.

How are you being forced to accept the choices of others? You say you have respect for your gay friends, but don't say what they're doing that you have to accept, despite saying there's a legal component involved? Heterosexual couples force things on others, lsuch as childless individuals paying for their children's education. What are same sex couples who want to get married doing that's even close to that?

Discrimination against someone with birth defects, that I can see something where the govt steps in... refusing to rent your room out to someone with birth defects, yeah that is discrimination.... but we fully discriminate about the choices of others all the time, as in the examples given.. and we should have the right to do so.... whether I personally agree is irrelevant.. with having government involved in this in other ways except the legal aspects of taxes, inheritance, etc, it is making it forced acceptance of a choice of behavior.... and that I cannot agree with, even if I personally believe any consenting adult should be allowed to be with any other consenting adult they choose

You want to vote to exempt the property tax of those without children from contributing to the school taxes, knock yourself out.... personally I am for equal rate taxation on everything and every citizen, regardless of situation... blind like justice is supposed to be.... equal % rate tax on property for all, same with income, sales taxes, etc... but hey, that's just me

That's my two cents.

i'm afraid it's you that's wrong on the bolded part and i'll direct your attention to Loving v Virginia:

These statutes also deprive the Lovings of liberty without due process of law in violation of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541 (1942). See also Maynard v. Hill, 125 U.S. 190 (1888). To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual, and cannot be infringed by the State.

Loving v. Virginia

It's really important, when opining about constitutional issues, that one looks at the caselaw.

oh... and this has been said upteenth times, but apparently has to be repeated.... the state CANNOT get out of marriage because marriage conveys over 1,000 rights and obligations. nor should or could only religious pairings be called "marriage" because that would be discriminatory.

Well.. I guess it's discriminatory when you won't call me African American... I mean... I wish to be called that and recognized as that by the government.... I feel I have always been, even if my skin is white, even if I am seen as different by other African Americans... I want the same extra privileges that are given to that minority group because I feel I am one... I am human just as they are... I want affirmative action working for me...

DISCRIMINATION!!! It should not only be black skinned or black heritage that are to be called "African American", because that would be discriminatory

Simple... repeal all federal laws about marriage... hell, the government has leaped and bounded into other complex or difficult areas

I know once the government gets its hands into something, it is hard to pry all that away... and I know it is a pipe dream... but it indeed can be done... keeping family units as legal contracts... keeping it about the things that government is supposed to have dominion over, and not all this touchy feely bullshit

Simple... repeal all federal laws about marriage... hell, the government has leaped and bounded into other complex or difficult areas

I know once the government gets its hands into something, it is hard to pry all that away... and I know it is a pipe dream... but it indeed can be done... keeping family units as legal contracts... keeping it about the things that government is supposed to have dominion over, and not all this touchy feely bullshit

So there's the lie that the gay agenda is not about threatening my marriage.
How do you adjudicate inheritance claims? Or any other?

So there's the lie that the gay agenda is not about threatening my marriage.
How do you adjudicate inheritance claims? Or any other?

Like any other contract between 2 people

And it is not about threatening my marriage (or impending one as it may be).... it is about government forced acceptance of a choice, which I do not believe is the job of government.... you choose to be a smelly bastard, I don't have to accept that... you choose to be a person who does not pay things back, I don't have to accept that... you choose to live opulently, I don't have to accept that... you choose to be a racist who speaks out against whatever group you hate, I don;t have to accept that... even though you have the right to do all those things... well.. adult citizens have the right to associate or be with anyone they choose, but that should not involve government privileges or 'protection' of your choices so you don't feel bad... sorry if you don't agree, but I only want government involved in areas where it belongs, and not areas such as this... and I am free to make this choice as well

It is a right...per at least two Supreme Court decisions...a fundamental right.

You seriously don't know the difference between a right and a privilege? Explains a lot. All marriage is a privilege. We have a right to marriage, my God.

You have the right to remain silent. The right to a court-appointed attorney. You have the right to sing the blues. You have the right to cable TV. You have the right to sublet. You have the right to paint the walls. No loud colors

Again, go read Loving v Virginia. I'm afraid that you're off base on this one... not even close.

Forum List

Back