Want insurance that covers acupuncture and chiropractors?

Science doesn't work for everything? Do you also want me to consider the possibility that Young Earth Creationism is right when I run into the fact that the science of abiogenesis cannot actually explain the beginning of life?

My point is I don't want doctors to give up on science, nor do I want the government to force me to believe in your stupid religion.

No, of course not. But, in your ignorance, you appear to be ASSSuming that other medical disciplines are not science based.

Nope, I'm not trying to change your mind. I don't really care and you don't want to educate yourself.

I have never even hinted that someone else should agree with my religious beliefs. You're not just willfully and proudly ignorant, you're just another lying rw.

everything has got to about Right Wingers with you Dudley.......can you imagine in that little Geriatric addled Brain of yours how many "lw's" feel just like QW does about Alternative Medicine?....especially Chiropractors?.....

I'll freely admit that my personal feelings toward "alternative medicine" are similar to QW's.

I have never even hinted that someone else should agree with my religious beliefs. You're not just willfully and proudly ignorant, you're just another lying rw.

By the way, thanks for being the first person to call me a rw bigot for insisting that science trumps religion.

i think it means the same thing.....and i think you will find that Chiropractors help more than the "occasional" few......and i never said they should teach Doctors anything.....but many Doctors are pretty close minded.....

I think that, if that was true, you would have no trouble providing scientific studies that demonstrate the overall efficacy of chiropractic treatment. Feel free to provide the evidence that proves me wrong.

QW.....i dont give a fuck what the Scientist believe about Chiropractors......a Chiropractor has cured my ills that the Doctors could not,and they had first crack at me......so am i supposed to believe the guy who actually helped is a "Quack?"......if i get ill i will go to the Doctor.....if i have a back or hip problem.....i will go to the guy who will actually do some good.....the Chiropractor.....

there is the difference between us, I will cling to my beliefs and argue about them all day long, but I will also change them if evidence comes along to prove my beliefs are wrong.

That's not what you said. You said that most plans don't cover it, not that most people don't want it.

You should have no problem proving that if that is what I said, should you?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6469442-post8.html

most people already have insurance that covers acupuncture and chiropractic.

your point?

No they don't, most people are smart enough not to buy insurance that covers magical thinking.

I don't know if I should be more offended by the brazen lie, or that you figured I'd be too lazy to look back a few pages to find the proof.

Hmm, I must not see the same thing you do. I see me saying people are smart enough not to buy insurance that covers magic, you see me saying most insurance policies don't cover magic. Can you explain the fact that you see something that is not actually there?

Every state had (and still has) that power. They just chose to not exercise it.

Every state has that power? Care to prove that?

Tenth Amendment is a good place to start: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

If we accept your interpretation of that to mean that states have that power, then it clearly follows that the federal government doesn't. Since you have repeatedly argued that the federal government does have that power, you obviously do not mean what you just said.

No, of course not. But, in your ignorance, you appear to be ASSSuming that other medical disciplines are not science based.

Nope, I'm not trying to change your mind. I don't really care and you don't want to educate yourself.

everything has got to about Right Wingers with you Dudley.......can you imagine in that little Geriatric addled Brain of yours how many "lw's" feel just like QW does about Alternative Medicine?....especially Chiropractors?.....

Actually, I agree with you. This is not a right/left issue and I apologize.

I've cut way back on posting here because I don't like what I become when I read and post here. I don't use foul language or call people nasty names in real life or any other place on line. Nor did I use this language when I first came here. IMO, its very much a symptom of what we see in Washington and in other areas of our lives.

What is normal here is trolling on any other board and I fall right into it.

That's my weakness, my fault and its my responsibility to be true to myself and clean up my language.

Kudos for both seeing, and admitting, you were wrong.

Actually, I agree with you. This is not a right/left issue and I apologize.

I've cut way back on posting here because I don't like what I become when I read and post here. I don't use foul language or call people nasty names in real life or any other place on line. Nor did I use this language when I first came here. IMO, its very much a symptom of what we see in Washington and in other areas of our lives.

What is normal here is trolling on any other board and I fall right into it.

That's my weakness, my fault and its my responsibility to be true to myself and clean up my language.

and i except that apology.....if you were not so damed Far Left and would stop blaming bad weather on the Republicans i would probably agree with you more and would be more civil to ya.....but dont stop posting..... and i am more than sure we can all handle the word ...."poopy pants".....

The purpose of insurance is to transfer risk, not cover routine expenses.

I buy insurance to cover any loss I may incur under the terms of the policy. It has nothing to do with routine expenses, and I did use the word reason, not purpose.

The purpose of insurance is to transfer risk. If you use insurance to avoid paying expenses that you normally incur you are a fool because you end up paying more for those than you would if you simply paid out of pocket. There are a lot of people that do not understand this, and this has distorted the costs associated with health care.

You can choose to continue living your life believing that insurance saves you money by paying for normal expenses, or you can reality and actually spend less.

If I have an accident in my car and get sued for $200,000, I am quite pleased that I had paid for a liability insurance policy. If my house burns to the ground, I will be doubly pleased that I had a full coverage home owners policy.

I will repeat, since you apparently have a comprehension problem, the above examples are not a normal expense and the only fool in this discussion appears to be you.

I buy insurance to cover any loss I may incur under the terms of the policy. It has nothing to do with routine expenses, and I did use the word reason, not purpose.

The purpose of insurance is to transfer risk. If you use insurance to avoid paying expenses that you normally incur you are a fool because you end up paying more for those than you would if you simply paid out of pocket. There are a lot of people that do not understand this, and this has distorted the costs associated with health care.

You can choose to continue living your life believing that insurance saves you money by paying for normal expenses, or you can reality and actually spend less.

If I have an accident in my car and get sued for $200,000, I am quite pleased that I had paid for a liability insurance policy. If my house burns to the ground, I will be doubly pleased that I had a full coverage home owners policy.

I will repeat, since you apparently have a comprehension problem, the above examples are not a normal expense and the only fool in this discussion appears to be you.

Exactly, liability insurance transfers the risk from you to the insurance company. You don't, however, have insurance to pay for oil changes because that would make the routine care for you car more expensive.

The point I am trying to make is that office visits to doctors are routine expenses, yet they are now covered by insurance, and no one in this country has a choice to do anything other than buy stupid coverage for routine expenses.

I'll freely admit that my personal feelings toward "alternative medicine" are similar to QW's.

i myself felt that way before i went to the guy i see now.....i went out of desperation,i felt the Doctors were not helping me and if i could not walk i cant carry mail and i was 5 years into this and the doctors had me for almost a month and it was not subsiding.....a couple of people on the route and a few guys i work with convinced me to go to a Chiropractor.....first treatment i was pretty apprehensive....but he told me what i had and the first treatment the pain was down considerably.....by the end of the week i felt like i never had the problem.....and he did the same thing years later with the irregular heartbeats i was getting.....and once again the Cardiologist had me for a bunch of tests and he said the impulse from the brain is being disrupted somehow, decided he was going to put me on drugs to stop it,i might be on them forever......as soon as he mentioned the Nerve impulse.....i said screw this .....This may be a job for the Chiropractor....ONE FUCKING SESSION and i never have had this problem again.....since then i have never doubted that this guy can handle back,hip and other skeletal problems.....

I think that, if that was true, you would have no trouble providing scientific studies that demonstrate the overall efficacy of chiropractic treatment. Feel free to provide the evidence that proves me wrong.

QW.....i dont give a fuck what the Scientist believe about Chiropractors......a Chiropractor has cured my ills that the Doctors could not,and they had first crack at me......so am i supposed to believe the guy who actually helped is a "Quack?"......if i get ill i will go to the Doctor.....if i have a back or hip problem.....i will go to the guy who will actually do some good.....the Chiropractor.....

there is the difference between us, I will cling to my beliefs and argue about them all day long, but I will also change them if evidence comes along to prove my beliefs are wrong.
well thats fine.....my evidence is that this guy has done what the Doctors could not.....and believe me back in the middle 80's when i first went.....i was very skeptical.....this guy convinced me that a lot of so called "medical experts" dont know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to Chiropractors anyway....

Exactly, liability insurance transfers the risk from you to the insurance company. You don't, however, have insurance to pay for oil changes because that would make the routine care for you car more expensive.

The point I am trying to make is that office visits to doctors are routine expenses, yet they are now covered by insurance, and no one in this country has a choice to do anything other than buy stupid coverage for routine expenses.

I accept your point and agree with it. Unfortunately, state governments set the rules that established what private insurers have to provide in their policies. That will now change with Obamacare and rest assured, everyone will be insured for everything since the federal government will eventually be paying for it for with taxpayers money.

No they don't, most people are smart enough not to buy insurance that covers magical thinking.

Mine does. I've had both and ins paid for both. Both were referred by my primary physician.

I have BC/BS.

Oh and, both worked quite well. Especially acupuncture. But, I'm sure you know a lot more than several thousand years of use. LOL

I suggest you find a new doctor that believes in science, you will be better off.

Windbag A little light reading for you .So you make no more asinine statements.
Benefits of The World - Discover The Benefits of Everything

I accept your point and agree with it. Unfortunately, state governments set the rules that established what private insurers have to provide in their policies. That will now change with Obamacare and rest assured, everyone will be insured for everything since the federal government will eventually be paying for it for with taxpayers money.

That's not how they're doing it. The federal government isn't picking what the baseline package of benefits is, the states are doing that for their state. But they're picking from ten options customized to the state, all of which are benefit packages that are already popular in their state markets (so for example, a state might pick the plan that's currently the most popular health plan in its small group market as its baseline).

If they then want to add more benefits on top of that, the state has to pay for them--not the consumer and not the federal government. Obviously that's something that's not been true in the past, as additional benefit mandates haven't been a direct cost to the state government, they've been an added cost to consumers. Now the state will be on the hook financially for additional benefits it wants to mandate.

That's not how they're doing it. The federal government isn't picking what the baseline package of benefits is, the states are doing that for their state. But they're picking from ten options customized to the state, all of which are benefit packages that are already popular in their state markets (so for example, a state might pick the plan that's currently the most popular health plan in its small group market as its baseline).

If they then want to add more benefits on top of that, the state has to pay for them--not the consumer and not the federal government. Obviously that's something that's not been true in the past, as additional benefit mandates haven't been a direct cost to the state government, they've been an added cost to consumers. Now the state will be on the hook financially for additional benefits it wants to mandate.

The federal government did not declare that every policy in America has to cover contraception, sterilization, well woman visits, and other things, all at no cost? Did I miss some sort of press release where that was walked back? Did the Secretary of Health not say that they reserve the right to issue additional rules for coverage at a later date? Isn't the main reason that most state are refusing to set up exchanges because no one actually knows what the feds are going to require?

Stop being an idiot.

Forum List

Back