Want insurance that covers acupuncture and chiropractors?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Thanks to Obamacare you can now get it.

I hope everybody that ever supported this monstrosity chokes on the stuff they have to pay for now. Please, keep telling me how I want people to die in the streets because I oppose government mandated insurance. This is the type of shit everyone who considers themselves rational should stand up and demand be excluded from insurance, not covered by it.

The chiropractors were out in force, lobbying for months to get their services included in every state’s package of essential health benefits that will be guaranteed under the new health care law.
“We’ve been in constant contact with our state chapters, just telling them, ‘Look, you’ve got to get in the room,’ ” said John Falardeau, senior vice president of government relations at the American Chiropractic Association.
The acupuncturists were modest by comparison, ultimately focusing on a few states, like California, where they had the best odds of being included.
“Our profession really didn’t have a million dollars to spend on a lobbyist,” said Jeannie Kang, the immediate past president of the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Instead, they mobilized 20,000 acupuncturists and their patients in a letter-writing campaign.
Both efforts seem to have shown results. Most of the roughly two dozen states that have chosen their essential benefits — services that insurance will have to cover under the law — have decided to include chiropractic care in their package. Four states — California, Maryland, New Mexico and Washington — included acupuncture for treating pain, nausea and other ailments. It is also likely to be an essential benefit in Alaska and Nevada, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/...-push-to-fill-margins-of-health-coverage.html

I too oppose government mandated insurance. Lobbyists' heaven for sure.

I wouldn't object if only the chiros were legit and didn't just look at an xray, say you have a twisted spine or some shit, and then claim it'll take 6 sessions at $95 per session to fix the problem, and then have you walk out in worse shape than you walked in.

Chiropractors are bullshit artists.

I wouldn't object if only the chiros were legit and didn't just look at an xray, say you have a twisted spine or some shit, and then claim it'll take 6 sessions at $95 per session to fix the problem, and then have you walk out in worse shape than you walked in.

Chiropractors are bullshit artists.

Chiropractor and legit are two words that do not belong in the same sentence.

If there's one thing we must not allow its people buying their own insurance and then getting the coverage they paid for.

Whether its birth control or acupuncture - you should not be allowed to pay for your own health care insurance and then not get what you paid for.

I hope everybody that ever supported this monstrosity chokes on the stuff they have to pay for now. Please, keep telling me how I want people to die in the streets because I oppose government mandated insurance. This is the type of shit everyone who considers themselves rational should stand up and demand be excluded from insurance, not covered by it.

The chiropractors were out in force, lobbying for months to get their services included in every state’s package of essential health benefits that will be guaranteed under the new health care law.
“We’ve been in constant contact with our state chapters, just telling them, ‘Look, you’ve got to get in the room,’ ” said John Falardeau, senior vice president of government relations at the American Chiropractic Association.
The acupuncturists were modest by comparison, ultimately focusing on a few states, like California, where they had the best odds of being included.
“Our profession really didn’t have a million dollars to spend on a lobbyist,” said Jeannie Kang, the immediate past president of the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Instead, they mobilized 20,000 acupuncturists and their patients in a letter-writing campaign.
Both efforts seem to have shown results. Most of the roughly two dozen states that have chosen their essential benefits — services that insurance will have to cover under the law — have decided to include chiropractic care in their package. Four states — California, Maryland, New Mexico and Washington — included acupuncture for treating pain, nausea and other ailments. It is also likely to be an essential benefit in Alaska and Nevada, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/...-push-to-fill-margins-of-health-coverage.html

most people already have insurance that covers acupuncture and chiropractic.

your point?

If there's one thing we must not allow its people buying their own insurance and then getting the coverage they paid for.

Whether its birth control or acupuncture - you should not be allowed to pay for your own health care insurance and then not get what you paid for.

Every policy sold in California will cover acupuncture and chiropractor visits because the state has decided it is mandatory. This has nothing to do with what people buy, it has everything to do with what people are selling. Welcome to your world.

your point?

No they don't, most people are smart enough not to buy insurance that covers magical thinking.

your point?

No they don't, most people are smart enough not to buy insurance that covers magical thinking.

Mine does. I've had both and ins paid for both. Both were referred by my primary physician.

I have BC/BS.

Oh and, both worked quite well. Especially acupuncture. But, I'm sure you know a lot more than several thousand years of use. LOL

FYI, in case someone wants to know ... Acupuncture works incredibly well for smoking cessation.

Absolutely, remember when the RNC's insurance covered abortions?

I would love to see a claims summary on that benefit :)

I don't know what ins covers abortion now. They all should. If one pays for full coverage insurance, one should get full coverage insurance.

And rw's be damned.

Why should it be up to government to decide what kind of insurance we are 'allowed' to buy?

I don't know what ins covers abortion now. They all should. If one pays for full coverage insurance, one should get full coverage insurance.

And rw's be damned.

And if one wants insurance that covers everything but acupuncture, one should be able to buy that as well.

And let the corporatists be damned

your point?

Mine does. I've had both and ins paid for both. Both were referred by my primary physician.

I have BC/BS.

Oh and, both worked quite well. Especially acupuncture. But, I'm sure you know a lot more than several thousand years of use. LOL

I suggest you find a new doctor that believes in science, you will be better off.

And rw's be damned.

If you want to pay for it, go for it. If, however, you want me to pay for it, fuck off.

My insurance has covered chiropractors and acupuncture for years. Never used either one, but it's covered.

Why pay for something that you never use? Do you make a habit of buying things and never using them? Isn't that really stupid? Or are you going to try and argue you don't pay for it?

Forum List

Back