Want a "booming economy"?

I am just running my mouth about tariffs Edward. You had a pretty off the hook reaction a while back and it made me want to see what your thinking process was.

IF I was in charge we would probably have a few tariff wars going on and some odd tax breaks or penalties to support some domestic industries and punish some foreign companies. Kind of like the way we have treated Cuban imports. It wouldn't be like a 100% tariff on Renaults or Hondas or whatever though. Probably a percentage point or two if their market was open to our product and their wages etc were the same or I liked them.

Do I think tariffs are bad? Its not that simple. I know they have worked recently in the far east and I know our founding fathers largely funded the country off them AND helped domestic industry. I also understand your jogging analogy for....what's a refrence.....Mr Goodson? Oh the Frenchman's name and story eludes me right now while on break on the cell.

Got it. They all kept the high tariffs and that libturd Reagan placed that "voluntary" import cap on the japanese cars?

Thats right Edward?

are you saying you support tariffs when most economists on left and right don't???? Why?? A tariff frees an industry from competition.

Imagine someone who jogs for fun and someone who races in life and death competition? Who would be a faster runner? Now you understand competiton and how it makes us better. Not so hard was it?

Oh yeah, sometimes I would not want our industry to die if it lost the life and death competition but I DO understand your point.

I am just running my mouth about tariffs Edward. You had a pretty off the hook reaction a while back and it made me want to see what your thinking process was.

why admit your ignorance? Economist have progressively supported free trade since Smoot Hawley Great Depression trade war

IF I was in charge we would probably have a few tariff wars going on and some odd tax breaks or penalties to support some domestic industries and punish some foreign companies.

trade wars and depressions are a good thing to a liberal??

Kind of like the way we have treated Cuban imports. It wouldn't be like a 100% tariff on Renaults or Hondas or whatever though. Probably a percentage point or two if their market was open to our product and their wages etc were the same or I liked them.

well if you're trying to push others to free trade I'd be ok with that

Do I think tariffs are bad?

too stupid!! Without trade you'd have to make everything yourself and so be very very poor!!!

Its not that simple. I know they have worked recently in the far east

oh so then why be so afaid to give your best example. What does your fear tell you?

and I know our founding fathers largely funded the country off them AND helped domestic industry.

to stupid!! you don't help an industry by freeing it from competition or driving up its prices. Russian and Hungarian cars may still use dip sticks to check gas tank level thanks to tariffs

I also understand your jogging analogy for....what's a refrence.....Mr Goodson? Oh the Frenchman's name and story eludes me right now while on break on the cell.
??????????

Ey, no offense intended!

Leading economists also let us have the Great Depression and Recession. Anyways I feel as we want to stay a strong independent country we must keep vital industries rolling.

This will be a little random....

Think about the Chinese dumping government subsidized product over here to create their industry. That would earn a tariff from me.

Think about the extreme end. If we produced nothing here as it generally IS cheaper to make things in the third world, but if we produced nothing eventually all our dollars would flow out of the United States as they only circle between taxes, benefits, and fellow McDonalds service industry employees soo many times.

why admit your ignorance? Economist have progressively supported free trade since Smoot Hawley Great Depression trade war

IF I was in charge we would probably have a few tariff wars going on and some odd tax breaks or penalties to support some domestic industries and punish some foreign companies.

trade wars and depressions are a good thing to a liberal??

well if you're trying to push others to free trade I'd be ok with that

too stupid!! Without trade you'd have to make everything yourself and so be very very poor!!!

oh so then why be so afaid to give your best example. What does your fear tell you?

and I know our founding fathers largely funded the country off them AND helped domestic industry.

to stupid!! you don't help an industry by freeing it from competition or driving up its prices. Russian and Hungarian cars may still use dip sticks to check gas tank level thanks to tariffs

I also understand your jogging analogy for....what's a refrence.....Mr Goodson? Oh the Frenchman's name and story eludes me right now while on break on the cell.
??????????

Oh, and yes, I am not buying a Russian car, but my co-worker's Nissan is a decent vehicle and that company, Honda and Toyota all grew up under tariff protection to become world class.

Honda and Toyota all grew up under tariff protection to become world class.

but Russian and Hungary didn't and in fact the entire human race stood still for 5 million years until Republican capitalist competition was introduced. Then, the planet was transformed overnight thanks to Republican wisdom!!

Forum List

Back