Want a "booming economy"?

texasdon

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio,Texas
How to get a big booming economy.
1) secure our Mexican border with armed military--all the way from Brownsville,Texas to San Diego,California. I am talking about 200,000--300,000 soldiers--right on the border.
2) begin searching --in every way possible--to identify every single illegal--then arrest them --then deport them.
2) repeal the income tax --eliminate the IRS--institute a 10% flat tax for all--with no deductions and no exemptions for anyone. Write into this new law--that the government can only spend 90% of what is collected--the other 10% must go to start paying off our debt.
3) repeal all free trade agreements
5) punish companies that have left the USA and set up shop overseas --by taxing them very heavily when they bring back to the USA any products or services .
6) institute a stiff tariff on all imported goods
7) cut out 98% of all foreign aid
8) cut out all welfare---and I do mean all welfare..and no more foodstamps or WIC --for anyone.These are charitable things and nowhere in our Constitution does it say we must provide these things. This is a job for charitable organizations and churches.
9) bring back home 98% of all USA troops stationed abroad ( most of these should be placed on our borders )
10) eliminate the FED
11) study all Federal agencies and eliminate many of them ( I think 75% or more are totally unnecessary)
12) have a moratorium on all legal immigration to the USA for a period of 10 years --and after that 10 years--set a limit of admitting no more than 10,000 per year--and none of those would be Muslims or from any terrorist country.
*** this list above by no means is a complete list of everything we must do--but it is a start--and if all of these things were done we would have a booming economy and I have no doubt that within a year of implementing these things our unemployment rate would be no more than 4%--maybe even less than that***

institute a stiff tariff on all imported goods

This one of course makes no sense whatsoever as it would make us all far far poorer thanks to the high prices.

The rule is, the more with whom you trade the richer you get, the fewer the poorer.

Imagine there was no trade and you had to make everything yourself.

See how easy it is to think your way through that issue?

The stiff tariff on all imported goods is for protection of USA businesses. In the long run it will cost USA citizens less . When a business or factory leaves the USA and goes overseas because they can produce their goods cheaper there and then they bribng them back here and they sell them cheaper--many people ( evidently including you) think that is a great idea--but the people who lost their jobs when that factory left--is now on welfare,foodstamps,etc.etc.etc.--and us taxpayers are paying for that .That cheap product from the factory that left and went overseas probably in reality cost us 10 times the actual price of the product.We need these products to be made in the USA--and for USA citizens to have jobs and pay taxes and provide for their families.What part of this simple idea does your feeble brain not understand?

Ey, my eyes are good still so I don't need the big blue type!

1) secure our Mexican border with armed military--all the way from Brownsville,Texas to San Diego,California. I am talking about 200,000--300,000 soldiers--right on the border.
Wow, that is going to be expensive. Immigrant talk for later.

2) begin searching --in every way possible--to identify every single illegal--then arrest them --then deport them.

2) repeal the income tax --eliminate the IRS--institute a 10% flat tax for all--with no deductions and no exemptions for anyone. Write into this new law--that the government can only spend 90% of what is collected--the other 10% must go to start paying off our debt.
I like the graduated system. That 10% is way more trouble for most Americans to pay than it is for me.

3) repeal all free trade agreements
I am no fan of NAFTA....trade with Canada and Japan seem fairly level, they make as much as we do if not more. But I think we can find common ground here.
5) punish companies that have left the USA and set up shop overseas --by taxing them very heavily when they bring back to the USA any products or services .
The debate here is they just won't do business here. I don't know. Once again we don't disagree THAT much on this one. I just don't know what to do about it.
6) institute a stiff tariff on all imported goods
Maybe a stiff selective tariff. No environmental standards in your country - SMACK, tariff. No decent standard of living - SMACK.

7) cut out 98% of all foreign aid
Hmmm. I am more moderate. A freeze you could talk me into, a 3% cut, probably. I dunno. That Marshall Plan worked but it IS time to end it.....Then again our dollars do buy peace and have converted some countries to capitalism.

8) cut out all welfare---and I do mean all welfare..and no more foodstamps or WIC --for anyone.These are charitable things and nowhere in our Constitution does it say we must provide these things. This is a job for charitable organizations and churches.
Nah, I don't want to have to hire body guards for my wife and kid. In Mexico they might get kidnapped for ransom. This isn't Mexico. We can make welfare more of a CCC type thing though. Come up with ideas.

9) bring back home 98% of all USA troops stationed abroad ( most of these should be placed on our borders )
hmmm. I like being able to flex muscle and might have turned Iraq into a permanent military outpost to strike wherever in the region from.
10) eliminate the FED
How about we further regulate them and the whole credit industry? Wallstreet while we are at it. Invent a world where CEO wealth is tied to company well being.

11) study all Federal agencies and eliminate many of them ( I think 75% or more are totally unnecessary)
We can start with them damned flood walls the Corps of Engineers keep constructing! I am for moving slow. How about a freeze on increases? Eventually inflation will make that a decrease. No economic turmoil please!

12) have a moratorium on all legal immigration to the USA for a period of 10 years --and after that 10 years--set a limit of admitting no more than 10,000 per year--and none of those would be Muslims or from any terrorist country.
I really love Mexican Americans. They come here and are hungry. I would rather deport those who inherit wealth or are living off the greatest generation. Too many failure to launch white boys out there. Really I want more Americans to fix the property value problem we have created. Too much property has been rezoned residential, not enough demand. Just make all these Illegals legal and try to keep their money in the country. Money leaving the country does bother me.

Thanks for reading my rambling reply.

Just like most Americans and our President and Congress---Toronado has no clue at all about what we need to do.He does not want a booming economy.He does not even want an economy in which we are not drowning in debt.I wonder if he was one of the illierate voters" that is being talked about that was responsible for Obama getting re-elected?

Sorry, but this post reflects ideological rhetoric and is not supported by any factual arguments that I am aware of.

As an example: This so-called "Fair Tax" so many are hollering about. Please answer these questions:

(1) 10% of WHAT? Are we talking net income after expenses for businesses? If so, what will be considered as legitimate business expenses? "Accellerated" depreciation schedules? The utility component of having a home office? The fuel tank at the farm used to gas up vehicles? What about individuals? Any deductions for dependents or education expenses?

(2) Since it has been stated that 47% pay no income tax--you are talking about increasing taxes on at least 47% of the population, correct? And lowering them for about 10%?

Sounds stupid, and revenue will tank.

The stiff tariff on all imported goods is for protection of USA businesses.

too stupid!! you don't protect them by freeing them from international competition. You make them second rate, not world class; and that would become the fate of our country.

Imagine if the libturds had their way and there was no competition. We'd have a soviet standard of living. Got it now??

The stiff tariff on all imported goods is for protection of USA businesses.

too stupid!! you don't protect them by freeing them from international competition. You make them second rate, not world class; and that would become the fate of our country.

Imagine if the libturds had their way and there was no competition. We'd have a soviet standard of living. Got it now??

Calm down. The name calling just makes ppl want to disagree and dig their feet in.

It was a tough election cycle......

Ey, got any examples of tariffs causing companies to go lazy? The theory I totally understand. I'm thinking about Chinese and Japanese companies getting pretty good at making cars while protected by their country's tariffs. Seems counter intuitive to me though.

Could tariffs just work when you are on the bottom trying to rise up?

Just like most Americans and our President and Congress---Toronado has no clue at all about what we need to do.He does not want a booming economy.He does not even want an economy in which we are not drowning in debt.I wonder if he was one of the illierate voters" that is being talked about that was responsible for Obama getting re-elected?

Settle down! My apologies if I said anything smart assed. Sometimes I come off that way.

Pick a point in my reply and tell me why you disagree. Then perhaps I'll change my mind or understand your view better.

Notice I asked Edward about thr tariffs and for examples in a way for the sake of conversation. I am not like a loud "my view only" talk show host I hope.

Ey, got any examples of tariffs causing companies to go lazy?

OMG!!! think of the quality of American cars before and after Japanese copmpetition!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine someone who jogs for fun and someone who races in life and death competition against national and international competition? Who would be a faster runner? Now you understand
competiton and how it makes us better. Not so hard was it?

probably not since there is no way to define a bottom and the protection would probably make you less rather than more able to survive on your own when the protection was removed if ever it could be once installed. Moreover, tariffs lead to depression inducing Hawley-Smoot Great Depressions.

Last edited:
Toronado says don't blame him for anything he writes because he typed it on a China cellphone. I think we have heard this same type excuse before.Obama says not to blame him for anything that has gone wrong in his administration because it was Bush's fault.Everybody blames someone else for everything.No one today ever accepts the blame and says it was them that did wrong.

Edward Baiamonte: I meant exactly whatI wrote.We need a 10% flat tax --with absolutely no deductions and no exemptions for any reason--and this means no deductions for children --for education .No deductions period.Everyone has to pay taxes--even the 47% thast don't pay taxes now.Every person must take some responsibility for running htis country.Those who do not pay any taxes in the end are freeloaders and this needs to stop .If a person earns just one dollar--they need to pay 10% for taxes.
Got it???
No exemptions and no deductions for any reason.Everyone pays 10% of their income.With these taxes and tariifs on all imported goods--we will have all the revenue we need to run the country. We have tried every stupid idea and program over the years--but we have never tried this.Try it and see what happens.I think it would be very surprising at how quickly our economy would be rebound.

Toronado says don't blame him for anything he writes because he typed it on a China cellphone. I think we have heard this same type excuse before.Obama says not to blame him for anything that has gone wrong in his administration because it was Bush's fault.Everybody blames someone else for everything.No one today ever accepts the blame and says it was them that did wrong.

Sorry if the context of my signature line was confusing. Even on this galaxy note my big fingers hit the wrong buttons alot.

I agree ppl blame others too often. It seems to be human nature. Not sure I would apply it to Obama though. Anyways what do you want the CIC to do, hand out more money to stabalize the economy? I think we are on the downward trend of that.

Edward Baiamonte: I meant exactly whatI wrote.We need a 10% flat tax --with absolutely no deductions and no exemptions for any reason--and this means no deductions for children --for education .No deductions period.Everyone has to pay taxes--even the 47% thast don't pay taxes now.Every person must take some responsibility for running htis country.Those who do not pay any taxes in the end are freeloaders and this needs to stop .If a person earns just one dollar--they need to pay 10% for taxes.
Got it???
No exemptions and no deductions for any reason.Everyone pays 10% of their income.With these taxes and tariifs on all imported goods--we will have all the revenue we need to run the country. We have tried every stupid idea and program over the years--but we have never tried this.Try it and see what happens.I think it would be very surprising at how quickly our economy would be rebound.

What is the projected revenue of a 10% flat tax? Only on income, right?

OMG!!! think of the quality of American cars before and after Japanese copmpetition!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine someone who jogs for fun and someone who races in life and death competition against national and international competition? Who would be a faster runner? Now you understand

probably not since there is no way to define a bottom and the protection would probably make you less rather than more able to survive on your own when the protection was removed if ever it could be once installed. Moreover, tariffs lead to depression inducing Hawley-Smoot Great Depressions.

I agree with the jogging analogy but still wonder if it applies.

Of course new cars are better but in the seventies and eighties American cars were superior to their competition. I owned them. I worked on both. I towed both. Starting in.....'87 I think it was with that generation of Accord Honda took the step into equality. There were even some stinkers like the 90s Tercels still out there not to mention the old Kia's. Now with the exception of some Toyota frame rusters and other silliy problems of theirs I believe Japanese and German cars to lergely be equal. We will see in a decade if current imports are better. Ug, the first Hyunadis lol.

I would argue the Japanese companies grew better while JAPAN imoosed tariffs on imports. I consider it fact that Japanese car companies have risen to world class standards and I used to always hear complaints about how closed the auto marketin Japan was to American imports. Do you disagree?

Hawley-Smoot started rather a tariff war. An interesting one since the U.S. moved to about mid level tariffs. Probably as much of a foreign policy failure as anything.

You do raise a point. I would argue the great depression was coming anyway though and that was one reason world leaders were so on edge when we enacted it. Odd it came from Republicans. A sign of the dire straights we were already in I suppose.

Yes, I would agree though tariffs are going to have retalliation bu the victim nation. Was it under Reagan or Carter that the limit on Japanese vehicle imports was passed? The one that got all them auto plants built in the south? Which aren't moving back now that the Japanese more or less make the same money we do (maybe more depending on how you factor in cost of living).

The ONLY economy that will BOOM due to that policy is the POLICE STATE's economy.

I agree with the jogging analogy but still wonder if it applies.

Of course new cars are better but in the seventies and eighties American cars were superior to their competition. I owned them. I worked on both. I towed both. Starting in.....'87 I think it was with that generation of Accord Honda took the step into equality. There were even some stinkers like the 90s Tercels still out there not to mention the old Kia's. Now with the exception of some Toyota frame rusters and other silliy problems of theirs I believe Japanese and German cars to lergely be equal. We will see in a decade if current imports are better. Ug, the first Hyunadis lol.

I would argue the Japanese companies grew better while JAPAN imoosed tariffs on imports. I consider it fact that Japanese car companies have risen to world class standards and I used to always hear complaints about how closed the auto marketin Japan was to American imports. Do you disagree?

I agree that the international Republican capitalist competition has made cars a lot better and so consumers a lot richer. Was in Hungry in 1986. You had to back their cars uphill because of gravity feed carburation and use a dip stick to check gas level. I'm sure their engineers were doing what they thought was a good job , just like the guys who ran 6 minute miles in the Olympics though they were doing a good job. Conservative intellectuals respect and love others and let them define what is good; libtards disrespect others and decide on quality themselves.

Wait buddy, read carefully. Do you agree Japanese cars have caught up with American cars in quality since the 70's?

Do you agree Japan made it difficult for U.S. cars to be imported?

Am I incorrect about these things?

Forum List

Back