wanna watch solar eclipse? box+paper+foil

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
long box if possible, cut out one side so your head can get halfway up in there, cut out one end for foil , put sheet paper on viewing end, aluminum foil on other, put a pin hole or jussst slightly larger hole in the foil, hold the box slightly angled so sun (at eclipse) comes thru foil end, look at the sheet paper..and voila...

like so....

Attachments

• $solar box.JPG
    $solar box.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 103
Cool. :thup:
We did that as kids.

I just bought into a nice telescope with my brother and another friend. We've got a solar filter too.
Too bad it's not my turn to have it, and it's an hour away.

The NASA site said Redding was the place to be.... so im in Redding. We bought wielder glasses to watch it with.

Seems I saw in this mornings paper that the most cover would occur here in about 45 minutes. Last time we had an eclipse I was living in Tacoma and working outside on a foundation. It was also clouded over, but it went full dark for about 20 or 30 minutes, then started geting light again. All the birds went silent, then, as it lightened, started chirping again, somewhat confused at the short nights sleep.

Seems I saw in this mornings paper that the most cover would occur here in about 45 minutes. Last time we had an eclipse I was living in Tacoma and working outside on a foundation. It was also clouded over, but it went full dark for about 20 or 30 minutes, then started geting light again. All the birds went silent, then, as it lightened, started chirping again, somewhat confused at the short nights sleep.

It's been 50 minutes and there's just a little coverage at the bottom.

Forum List

Back