Wanna see a grown man cry?

Emmitt Smith... Personally destroying the Giants.... With a separated shoulder....
As a Giant fan, I always remember that game...Emmitts arm dangling on his side and the Giants still couldn't stop him. Always respected Emmit after that game
John Madden was beside himself, spluttering.

"this is by far the most..... courageous...... effort......" and couldn't go on.

Emmitt Smith... Personally destroying the Giants.... With a separated shoulder....
As a Giant fan, I always remember that game...Emmitts arm dangling on his side and the Giants still couldn't stop him. Always respected Emmit after that game
That was nothing compared to LT ending the career of Joe Theismann. I remember watching it and they kept doing the replay. I swear I heard that sucker break too. :lol:

That was nothing compared to LT ending the career of Joe Theismann. I remember watching it and they kept doing the replay. I swear I heard that sucker break too. :lol:
But see....

That.... Didn't happen in Texas Stadium hunnee....

But, you already knew that....

But see....

Yeah I knew that and you knew I was a Giants Fan too....LOL

I remember Joe saying he would play again the next year, and me shaking my head, no you won't.

Eh Ive seen a grown man cry. He was charged with murder.

The story is told about a judge in one of the 5 boros of NYC who was a real tough old bird. (The story has been attributed to other judges, too, but I credit this one.)

This particular judge presided over the vicious Double Murder trial of a very bad man. The defendant, as they say, after that full and fair trial before a jury of his peers, went down like a cheap whore. Guilty of both murders.

Come the sentencing day, the defendant stands there looking impassive. The judge blisters him for the way he spent his life and the horrible deeds he committed taking two lives, leaving grieving relatives behind and even ruining the lives of his own family. Finally, he pronounces the sentence. He gives the defendant the maximum sentence then allowed by law; two consecutive sentences of 25 to life.

This gets to the defendant. He starts to snivel and whine and cry. In a quavering voice, the fucking puss whimpers out to the Judge, "50 to life? 50 to life? Judge, please. I can't be doin' no FIFTY to life!"

And the judge stares him down with beady ice cold blue eyes and responds impassively, "That's ok, son, you just do as much as you can."

Even if that story isn't true, I don't care. I knew that judge and that's exactly what he would have said!

But see....

But as a Giants fan we did break in Jerry Jones' new billion dollar stadium with a GIANT WIN

But see....

But as a Giants fan we did break in Jerry Jones' new billion dollar stadium with a GIANT WIN
That's quite interesting actually.

Because the G-Men have historically had their best moments in Dallas, over the decades.

The ties between Dallas and the NYG goes all the way back to Wellington Mara, Tom Landry and Vince Lombardi who worked for him, and he didn't stand in their way when history called.....

Mara was truly a great man, and there's not a true Cowboys fan that doesn't also love the Giants.

When you realize how much of your tax money went into that, then you will really grab your handkerchief.
Actually Texas Stadium was a hell of a good deal for Joe Taxpayer.

City of Irving raised $25 million via hotel tax and rent car tax, and with a property tax increase the voters approved. Owner Clint Murchison kicked in $10 million of his own money, and the stadium was built for $35 million.

You couldn't pay for just the video board in the new stadium, for that 35 mil.

The Dallas Cowboys leased the stadium for the next 37 years, and it also made money with concerts, and other sporting events. The city and the taxpayers made out like bandits.

Anyhow, it went down this morning....

Forum List

Back