Wanna look older? Age naturally, don't use Face App......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Saw this on the news today. Seems that there is a new app going around the 'net and it's all the rage. It's called Face App, and it can show what you would look like when you get older.

Only problem is.....................it's a Russian owned company, and it says in their TOS agreement that Face App can have access to your data that they process in perpetuity (meaning forever), and they can use it any way they want to.

So...............my advice to you if you want to see what you look like as an old person, do it naturally, and try not to die.

FaceApp security concerns arise as Russian-owned face-aging app goes viral

You know what really scares me about this? The Face App company is based in Russia, and lots of people send them pictures of themselves to be aged. And, because of what is written in the TOS, those pictures become the property of the app forever, and that means that now they have real pictures of real Americans to use in their social media trolling and memes.

Saw this on the news today. Seems that there is a new app going around the 'net and it's all the rage. It's called Face App, and it can show what you would look like when you get older.

Only problem is.....................it's a Russian owned company, and it says in their TOS agreement that Face App can have access to your data that they process in perpetuity (meaning forever), and they can use it any way they want to.

So...............my advice to you if you want to see what you look like as an old person, do it naturally, and try not to die.

I wouldn't use this app. To me, that it sounds like they are trying to add someone's facial structure to the FBI data bank. That you are putting your whole profile into their system. Now they can take your profile and alter it by the use of a computer and places you at any crime scene. I don't even places my face in front of my phone, and I don't take any selfies.. You'll be thinking that you are having a private moment, but you are not.

. Beyond San Francisco, more cities are saying no to facial recognition - CNN

Took an ancestry DNA test? You might be a 'genetic informant' unleashing secrets about your relatives

‘We try to use it as much as we can’: How facial recognition became a routine policing tool in America

nq6Coy.gif

I'm already so old it would have to put up the picture of a corpse or maybe a mummy perhaps.

This thing was talked about on the Inside Edition show tonight. It was said that a person's personal information could be compromised when doing whatever is done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back