Wanna help planet? 'Let's all just die!'

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"May we live long and die out" is the unofficial motto of a movement that seeks to improve the Earth's ecosystem by ensuring that the human species does not survive.

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement, or VHEMT, consists of volunteers who have made active life decisions to remain childless for the benefit of the Earth, thereby preventing the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63755

All those in favor of abortion should LOOOOVE this site.

http://www.vhemt.org/

From their site.

Resource shortages are dealt with by resorting to mass murder and calling it war, but the results are only temporary. Besides being impractical, killing people is immoral. It should never be considered as a way to improve life on Earth.

The massive die-off of humanity, predicted by so many as a result of our over-shoot of Earth's carrying capacity, is what the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement hopes to avoid.

What exactly is your problem with people choosing to remain childless? And why would people who are pro-choice like this website?

"May we live long and die out" is the unofficial motto of a movement that seeks to improve the Earth's ecosystem by ensuring that the human species does not survive.

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement, or VHEMT, consists of volunteers who have made active life decisions to remain childless for the benefit of the Earth, thereby preventing the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals.

With over 6 billion people on this planet, the chances of humans dying out are pretty remote..

12monk_01.jpg

yea, how GNARLY would the mass extinction of humans be, grump! Then, who would be around to make fun of your bovine better half?

for real, it's sick fucks like you that make the lefty Mao references stick.

From their site.

What exactly is your problem with people choosing to remain childless? And why would people who are pro-choice like this website?

Remaining childless because one choose to use contraceptives is great. Those people are exercising personal responsibility.

But many people who abort like to use the slogan of not wanting to overpopulate the planet. In fact so do those who agree that abortion should be used as contraception.

I got a few chuckles out of it, but that group's basic goal is one of the most wildly unrealistic I've ever heard of.

The larger the group of humans you look at, the more likely its overall behavior will resemble the natural patterns found in any other large population of living organisms. We may have free will, but we are also animals, and on a large enough scale - such as the full six-billion-strong human population - that animal nature is readily apparent.

The human population as a whole is going to continue to increase exponentially as long as it physically can. The worst plagues and most cataclysmic wars in recorded history have been only the tiniest setbacks - quickly overcome - to this trend. I can't imagine that a smarmy social movement will have any real impact.

Without healthy populations of effective competitors or predators, we will reach our cage's carrying capacity, sooner or later.

In many ways, that is a bad thing. It certainly does no good for the average standard of living. But I don't think that pretending that we can curb population growth in a relevant way will do us any good. (even China, which is heavy-handed about it, has a growth rate in line with many more carefree nations)

The pipe dream I subscribe to is that the best way to fight increasing population density is to make the cage bigger. I mean populating other planets. There's a hell of a lot of real estate out there, whole New Worlds. Why fight our own nature when we can fight Mother Nature, as we have been since thousands of years ago when we settled down to the totalitarian agricultural methods that are still fuelling our population explosion?

12monk_01.jpg

yea, how GNARLY would the mass extinction of humans be, grump! Then, who would be around to make fun of your bovine better half?

You do realize the vast difference between humanity dying out because people stop having children and humanity dying out because of mass murdering fuckheads, right?

Just wait until that asteroid hits earth in 2012 or 2024.

Bah! We're a tenacious bunch. Unless it splits the planet in half I bet there'll be at least a handful of survivors.

If nothing else, surely there's some organization out there wealthy and crazy enough to have some sort of super-bunker sustainable for decades to wait out a nuclear winter scenario.

Catastrophic genetic bottleneck that will have ramifications for thousands of generations? Sure. Extinction? I doubt it.

It's the same crap Peta has been spouting forever. People don't deserve to live. They don't promote people dying (well, they do, but that's a different story) but they certainly promote allowing all the animals that people eat and otherwise enjoy dying out.

And don't forget ELF.

You do realize the vast difference between humanity dying out because people stop having children and humanity dying out because of mass murdering fuckheads, right?

the apathy regarding human life is the exact same regardless.

what, is this like the 5th or 6th time today?

the apathy regarding human life is the exact same regardless.

No, its really not. One doesn't care about humans who aren't even conceived yet and one doesn't care about humans who are already born and living.

Surely even you can understand the difference between using a condom and shooting someone in the face?

what, is this like the 5th or 6th time today?

That you got your ass kicked? Probably 8th or 9th.

The sun will eventually die, that may mark the end but who knows maybe humankind will figure out how to live in darkness, but if the sun explodes, I guess then the human species will finally end. Personally, I'm not worrying a heck of a lot about any of these endgames. It seems the human mind has this strange capacity to occupy itself with nonsense as the house burns. All those years of staring out of our caves wondering if the sun or warmth would reappear gave us too much imagination.

All those in favor of abortion should LOOOOVE this site.http://www.vhemt.org/

Dread's inclusion of the link to VHEMT's site shows she is trying to improve after I schooled her on the risk of relying solely on an unreliable source like Wack Nuts Daily. She still needs to learn, however, that even a second source does not mean that Wack Nuts Daily got it right, especially when that source provides context.

As the website explains:
Q: Are you really serious?

We're really vehement.

Many see humor in The Movement and think we can't be serious about voluntary human extinction, but in spite of the seriousness of both situation and movement, there's room for humor. In fact, without humor, Earth's condition gets unbearably depressing -- a little levity eases the gravity.​

If you don't understand what's going on, go to this source for help.

I'm not hoping for mass extinction in any way, shape or form. I'm saying that we are but a minute aspect of the Universe. We'll have our day in the sun, and we'll also be some species worst nightmare. What I don't want is an overpopulated planet.

and yet you ignore the humanity despite the population. Sure, the universe is big but, at the end of the day, you are just as much human as the next human you disregard for the sake of overpopulation.

Forum List

Back