Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008
and they talked about Jeremiah WRIGHT?

I am laughing myself sick over this one:

Sarah Palin Linked Her Electoral Success to Prayer of Kenyan Witch Hunter

By Hannah Strange, The Times of London UK
Posted on September 18, 2008, Printed on September 19, 2008

http://www.alternet.org/story/99118/
The pastor whose prayer Sarah Palin says helped her to become governor of Alaska founded his ministry with a witch hunt against a Kenyan woman whom he accused of causing car accidents through demonic spells.

At a speech at the Wasilla Assembly of God on June 8 this year, Palin described how Thomas Muthee had laid his hands on her when he visited the church as a guest preacher in late 2005, prior to her successful gubernatorial bid.

In [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twqZpUT2NQ"]video footage of the speech[/ame], she is seen saying: "As I was mayor and Pastor Muthee was here and he was praying over me, and you know how he speaks and he's so bold. And he was praying "Lord make a way, Lord make a way."

"And I'm thinking, this guy's really bold, he doesn't even know what I'm going to do, he doesn't know what my plans are. And he's praying not "Oh Lord, if it be your will may she become governor," no, he just prayed for it. He said, "Lord make a way and let her do this next step. And that's exactly what happened."

She then adds: "So, again, very, very powerful, coming from this church," before the presiding pastor comments on the "prophetic power" of the event.

An African evangelist, Muthee has given guest sermons at the Wasilla Assembly of God on at least 10 occasions in his role as the founder of the Word of Faith Church, also known as the Prayer Cave.

Muthee founded the Prayer Cave in 1989 in Kiambu, Kenya, after "God spoke" to him and his late wife, Margaret, and called him to the country, according to the church's Web site.

The pastor speaks of his offensive against a demonic presence in the town in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvxWl7jXr0&feature=related"]a trailer for the evangelical video "Transformations,"[/ame] made by Sentinel Group, a Christian research and information agency.

"We prayed, we fasted, the Lord showed us a spirit of witchcraft resting over the place," Muthee says.

After the spirit was broken, the crime rate dropped to almost zero and there was "explosive church growth" while almost every bar in the town closed down, the video says.

The full "Transformations" video featuring Muthee's story has recently been removed from YouTube, but the rest of the story is detailed in a 1999 article in the Christian Science Monitor, as well as on numerous evangelical Web sites.

According to the Christian Science Monitor, six months of fervent prayer and research identified the source of the witchcraft as a local woman called Mama Jane, who ran a "divination" center called the Emmanuel Clinic.

Her alleged involvement in fortune-telling and the fact that she lived near the site of a number of fatal car accidents led Muthee to publicly declare her a witch responsible for the town's ills and order her to offer her up her soul for salvation or leave Kiambu.

Says the Monitor, "Muthee held a crusade that 'brought about 200 people to Christ.'" They set up around-the-clock prayer intercession in the basement of a grocery store and eventually, says the pastor, "the demonic influence -- the 'principality' over Kiambu -- was broken," and Mama Jane fled the town.

According to accounts of the witch hunt that circulated on evangelical Web sites such as Prayer Links Ministries, after Muthee declared Mama Jane a witch, the townspeople became suspicious and began to turn on her, demanding that she be stoned. Public outrage eventually led the police to raid her home, where they fired gunshots, killing a pet python they believed to be a demon.

After Mama Jane was questioned by police -- and released -- she decided it was time to leave town, the account says.

Muthee has frequently referred to this witch hunt in his sermons as an example of the power of "spiritual warfare." In October 2005, he delivered 10 sermons at the Wasilla Assembly of God, the audio of which was available on the church's Web site until it was removed around the time Palin's candidacy was announced. The blog Irregular Times has listings and screen grabs of the sermons.

It was during these sermons that Palin, who was then preparing for her gubernatorial run, was anointed by Muthee. His intercession, she says, was "awesome."

Her June 8 speech was to mark the graduation of students from the Wasilla Assembly of God's Masters' Commission, which, as [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twqZpUT2NQ"]Pastor Ed Kalins explains[/ame], believes Alaska will be the refuge for American evangelicals upon the coming "End of Days." After her speech, Palin was presented with an honorary Masters' Commission diploma.

© 2008 The Times of London UK All rights reserved.
View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/99118/
_______________________________________________________________​

McCain can barely speak, and this absolute NUTJOB female is gonna help run the country?????? Honestly, we'd have been better off with oh, Oh, I dunno, Bill and Karolyn Slowsky, maybe.

Interesting that the conservative fanatics would start pointing to witchcraft.

But, this brings up an interesting question.......would you "Christians" offer to "save" Yeshua (Jesus), or tell Him to leave town because there was a lot of spiritual energy around Him also? There isn't that much difference between witchcraft and miracles people. One (miracles) is accomplished by receiving energy for yourself so that you can pass it on to others (Jewish theology). The other (witchcraft) is receiving energy for yourself and yourself alone, in other words....being selfish.

Another interesting thing about witches is that they have familiars, which is some kind of animal that they talk to and have assist them. Now.....if only witches can talk to animals, then does that mean that animal whisperers are witches also? How about one person revered by the Catholic church who also spoke to animals? His name was St. Francis of Assisi.

Nope......this sounds like some more wackjob crap being spewed out by that dumb bitch Palin.

Brings up another question though....if McInsane and Puppet Palin get into the White House, does this mean a return to the days of Reagan with psychics and astrologers in the White House, guiding our leaders with their spiritual wisdom?

I hope not.

The biggest question, if you stayed with a Pastor who was a hate monger, is it because you are tolerate of his views or because you agree with him?

Here are some Pastor Wright comments:

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

Remember when Pastor Jeremiah Wright called Jesus a poor black man. Why is he a poor black man, he could have been a poor white man, a poor Asian, a poor Indian man, a poor Jew man (he was), a rich white man, a rich Asian, a rich Indian man, a rich Jew man. I believe Jeremiah Wright choose the wrong religion to preach on.

Remember when Pastor Jeremiah Wright called Jesus a poor black man. Why is he a poor black man, he could have been a poor white man, a poor Asian, a poor Indian man, a poor Jew man (he was), a rich white man, a rich Asian, a rich Indian man, a rich Jew man. I believe Jeremiah Wright choose the wrong religion to preach on.

You know....it's pretty easy to figure out what ethnicity Yeshua (Jesus) was.

First, he came from the line of Abraham, which means He's Jewish. God used that because of the blessing that He'd bestowed upon Abraham for what he did.

Now.....knowing that Jesus was Jewish, and his people are in Israel, all you've really got to do is look at what the people of Israel predominantly look like (namely the Jews), and you can figure it out from there.

My guess? Probably white, maybe tan, curly hair and a beard that was trimmed, not shaved.

You know....it's pretty easy to figure out what ethnicity Yeshua (Jesus) was.

First, he came from the line of Abraham, which means He's Jewish. God used that because of the blessing that He'd bestowed upon Abraham for what he did.

Now.....knowing that Jesus was Jewish, and his people are in Israel, all you've really got to do is look at what the people of Israel predominantly look like (namely the Jews), and you can figure it out from there.

My guess? Probably white, maybe tan, curly hair and a beard that was trimmed, not shaved.

Yeah, he was a jew. According to a certain Pastor, he was a poor black man. The only thing we can do is condemn him for depriving the blacks from the truth.

Yeah, he was a jew. According to a certain Pastor, he was a poor black man. The only thing we can do is condemn him for depriving the blacks from the truth.

Well User, yet another interesting thing......most preachers of varying faiths, have tried to claim Yeshua as their own. The Catholic church did it, most Christians do it, and one of the really sad things is that they will tell you that if you don't get saved and come to Jesus, then you're going to end up in hell forever. The really bad thing is that they forget about the original, which was HaShem (God). Does this mean that if you believe in and have a relationship with God, but only acknowledge Jesus as a great teacher instead of the Messiah, does that mean you're going to hell?

Fortunately for us, this is simply not true. Like I've told others, if you want to fully understand the second book in a series, you've got to read the first. In the Bible, the first book is the Old Testament, and the new book is the New Testament. If you want to fully understand the Old Testament, then ya better get a rabbi or Torah scholar, because the OT was written in Hebrew, and there are some words in there that don't translate easy to english, which is why there are so many differing versions of the Bible.

In reference to hell (Ghehinome), there are several places in both the Old Testament and the New Testament where God tells people that nobody stays in hell forever. Incidentally, that was a made-up thing of the Catholic church, because people are easier to control if you make them fearful. In the New Testament, it's referred to in the Gospels of Thomas. Another thing about hell is that there is NO FIRE THERE. According to the Torah, hell is a cold place because it is far removed from the Shkina (light of God). That also is another invention of the Catholics, because they figured the worst way to die would be burning to death.

And....because all these misguided preachers want to "prove" they have a close and personal relationship with Yeshua and HaShem, they personalize them and make them like themselves, which is totally bass ackwards because God created US in His image, not the other way around.

Thank goodness I've learned enough to see through some of these lies.

Can I include her other pastor's views here?:

Sarah Palin's former pastor Ed Kalnins, who serves the Wasilla Assembly of God Church where the Alaska Governor worshipped until 2002, has revealed that he thinks the end of the world is nigh, a prophecy he bases on the America’s dependence on foreign energy. "Scripture specifically mentions oil instability as a sign of the Rapture," says Pastor Ed. "We’re seeing more and more oil wars. The contractions of the fulfilment of prophecies are getting tighter and tighter."

And at the church she now attends:

But if Palin and her minders think her new place of worship, the Wasilla Bible Church, is a safe haven from controversy they may have to think again. The Republican vice-presidential candidate recently attended a service where a guest speaker, David Brickner, suggested that terrorism in Israel was God's judgment against the Jews for failing to accept Christ as the Messiah. The presiding cleric, Pastor Larry Kroons, said that Brickner had a point and that he would invite the "Jews for Jesus" leader back.

This is roughly equivalent to saying that Katrina was God's judgment on gays, and that 9/11 was God's response to gays as well.

The blame game: 9/11. The tsunami. Katrina. All the gays' fault, according to certain far-right wing nuts. Are they crazy? | Advocate, The | Find Articles at BNET

Can I include her other pastor's views here?:

And at the church she now attends:

This is roughly equivalent to saying that Katrina was God's judgment on gays, and that 9/11 was God's response to gays as well.

The blame game: 9/11. The tsunami. Katrina. All the gays' fault, according to certain far-right wing nuts. Are they crazy? | Advocate, The | Find Articles at BNET

did she say she agreed with him or are you condemning her solely based on the fact that she was in the audience for a one time guest speaker?

I gotta tell you, i have a much harder time with Obama sitting in a church for twenty years and then saying he had no idea that the preacher was saying all those nasty things about America and white people.

a much harder time. in fact, i don't believe him at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
did she say she agreed with him or are you condemning her solely based on the fact that she was in the audience for a one time guest speaker?

I gotta tell you, i have a much harder time with Obama sitting in a church for twenty years and then saying he had no idea that the preacher was saying all those nasty things about America and white people.

a much harder time. in fact, i don't believe him at all.

I would like her to be as forthcoming about her positions on these issues (demonic possession, end times, and god's judgment against those who do not subscribe to her faith) as Obama was forced to be.

It's your right to decide for yourself if you believe Obama or not. I would like the opportunity to hear Palin address these controversial issues so that I can enjoy that same right.

I would like her to be as forthcoming about her positions on these issues (demonic possession, end times, and god's judgment against those who do not subscribe to her faith) as Obama was forced to be.

It's your right to decide for yourself if you believe Obama or not. I would like the opportunity to hear Palin address these controversial issues so that I can enjoy that same right.

i'm sorry, i must have missed Obama's take on demonic possessions et al. what i did hear was him throwing his "mentor" under the bus for political expediency.

frankly, i don't care if Obama believes that God is a 3 legged penguin living in a fourth floor walk up in SoHo dressed in a Givenchy evening gown and dispensing Godiva chocolates as a reward for a life well lived.

Nor do i care if sara palin believes that the end is nigh.

what i do care about is the arrogance he displays in expecting me to believe he sat in that church for 20 years and had no clue as to the Rev. Wright's views. please.

I was born at night, but not last night.

Sarah Palin's former pastor Ed Kalnins, who serves the Wasilla Assembly of God Church where the Alaska Governor worshipped until 2002, has revealed that he thinks the end of the world is nigh, a prophecy he bases on the America’s dependence on foreign energy. "Scripture specifically mentions oil instability as a sign of the Rapture," says Pastor Ed. "We’re seeing more and more oil wars. The contractions of the fulfilment of prophecies are getting tighter and tighter."

You people DO realize that the Rapture is a recent mid-1800's invention, right? It was conceived of by an evangelical preacher.

Incidentally, the preacher got it backwards. According to the OT and the Torah, there will be no rapture. Matter of fact, it states that when the world to come gets here (God and Jesus return), all the evil that there is will be winked out of existence, because by that time, there will be no requirement for it.

Going to meet God in the air? Nope. Not gonna happen that way. It's really amazing to see how twisted some of these supposed "holy people" can get it.

Forum List

Back