Walther PPK/S for concealed carry

The Sig Saur hands down. Why? Sigs are one of the best pistols you can ever buy. They are durable as hell, accurate and the P232 is ideal for concealed carry (light, small, no 'hard' edges)

I prefer the 238 for small 380s over the 232. My wife has a case full of them. I myself carry the 938 which also is a singe action but its in 9mm

The Sig Saur hands down. Why? Sigs are one of the best pistols you can ever buy. They are durable as hell, accurate and the P232 is ideal for concealed carry (light, small, no 'hard' edges)
I think I'm just going to wait before buying. I've fired the Sig Sauer a million times, and never shot a PPK so I will wait until I do. I wanted one for tonight's Star Wars premiere but I ended up just not buying anything lol. If I survive I'll keep looking into it.

Here's a cool video:

Very smart (shooting PPK before making a final decision)

I'm just glad you're considering getting something.

Wish I could help, but handguns just aren't my thing and any advice I could give on the subject would be strictly anecdotal.

In any case, wouldn't it just be more effective to buy full body armour? At least that way you don't have to decide, in a dark theatre, who is a good guy with a gun and who is a bad guy with a gun.

In any case, wouldn't it just be more effective to buy full body armour? At least that way you don't have to decide, in a dark theatre, who is a good guy with a gun and who is a bad guy with a gun.

I don't think anyone is going to have a problem identifying some asshole who walks into a theater and starts capping people

But if one hasn't seen the start of the incident, and on looking around only sees various people with guns, how does one fill in one's scorecard? Look for the colour of the hat?

This is my primary CC;

It didn't cost me $200 and I switched out the main spring from a #24 (standard) to a #19, didn't want my trigger finger to end up looking like Popeye's forearms and the #19 didn't make the single action "sloppy".

Here's what I've gathered from the arguments for and against it.

Pro:
- accurate
- extremely high quality
- safety/double hammer option
- badass 007 gun

Cons:
- heavy
- slide bite (supposedly fixed in newer models)

Anyways I want one. I'm probably going to buy one for Christmas. My dad is saying don't do it and he'll sell me his Sig Sauer P232 instead for a lot cheaper.

Any opinions? I don't currently own a 'conceal carry' type of gun because I didn't see the point. But I bought tickets to the opening day of the new Star Wars movie and my imaginations run wild enough that I think I want to have one for when I go. If you're wondering I already have a license because I've gone to all the classes with my dad.

I'm going to buy one of those 2 in the next week and a half. Thoughts?

Like I said in another thread, my Wife carries a PPK (conceal purse) and she is pretty damned accurate with it. Me personally, I'm a Sig man and have been since my days in Germany back in the early 80s. I understand that the new P320 is fairly "concealable" and a friend of mine likes it a lot.

As far as concealed carry, I do it a number of ways - in the summer, I use a T-Shirt holster - works well, but a little uncomfortable. Winter - I use a Galco Jackass rig under the coat.

Here's what I've gathered from the arguments for and against it.

Pro:
- accurate
- extremely high quality
- safety/double hammer option
- badass 007 gun

Cons:
- heavy
- slide bite (supposedly fixed in newer models)

Anyways I want one. I'm probably going to buy one for Christmas. My dad is saying don't do it and he'll sell me his Sig Sauer P232 instead for a lot cheaper.

Any opinions? I don't currently own a 'conceal carry' type of gun because I didn't see the point. But I bought tickets to the opening day of the new Star Wars movie and my imaginations run wild enough that I think I want to have one for when I go. If you're wondering I already have a license because I've gone to all the classes with my dad.

I'm going to buy one of those 2 in the next week and a half. Thoughts?

Like I said in another thread, my Wife carries a PPK (conceal purse) and she is pretty damned accurate with it. Me personally, I'm a Sig man and have been since my days in Germany back in the early 80s. I understand that the new P320 is fairly "concealable" and a friend of mine likes it a lot.

As far as concealed carry, I do it a number of ways - in the summer, I use a T-Shirt holster - works well, but a little uncomfortable. Winter - I use a Galco Jackass rig under the coat.
I ended up buying the Sig from my dad. It gave him an excuse to buy something new. :dunno:

My only advice for someone intending to purchase a handgun is: get what feels right and comfortable in the hand.
A big thing to me is grip angle.
Example - I shot a S&W 59xx series for years, but never really liked it. I was proficient enough with it, but doing well always seemed to be a chore... the instinctual point-of-aim was always higher than ideal - for me, at least.
To contrast that, I recently had a chance to examine a Ruger SR45. MAJOR difference. POA was dead-on for me, repeatedly. Though the real proof would be at an actual range, the SR45 is definitely on my "short list" for when I get enough spare change scratched together.

It is easy to tell....the bad guy with the gun starts shooting innocent people...the good guys simply watch the movie and eat popcorn.......and the gun never leaves his/her holster.......

But if one hasn't seen the start of the incident, and on looking around only sees various people with guns, how does one fill in one's scorecard? Look for the colour of the hat?

See....normal people...when they hear shots in a theater...they simply leave and head for the exit. It is only gun grabbers that assume that normal gun owners will try to engage when they don't have to....considering that in the encounters where an idiot actually attacks a place that allows normal people to carry their guns, the normal people have reacted responsibly.....so I know you are fishing for a fight on this...but you haven't done your research...

Yeah, here is a good indicator......the bad guy will just shoot people who aren't doing anything or are running away....... the good guys...will hold their fire until they know who the shooter is...as has happened in the mass shootings where there were good guys with guns....

Forum List

Back