Walnut tree leaves...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
We have many walnut trees in our yard and around the farm. All of the leaves have fallen off of them which means it won't be very long and it will be fall. The walnut trees here loose their leaves first. It's been a fast summer and I hate to see it end. I'm not ready for it to begin to get cold, frost, and snow yet. Who's in charge of the weather around here? Please take action...

We're still waiting for summer to start. We've less than a week of days so far this year that would qualify as Summer Days. We went from Fall to Winter to Fall again since last October (no real Spring either).

We have many walnut trees in our yard and around the farm. All of the leaves have fallen off of them which means it won't be very long and it will be fall. The walnut trees here loose their leaves first. It's been a fast summer and I hate to see it end. I'm not ready for it to begin to get cold, frost, and snow yet. Who's in charge of the weather around here? Please take action...

so what do you do with all of the walnuts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGZocaDBXd0]YouTube - Grandma busts nuts[/ame]

All the neighbors come running to gather up a bunch of 'em. Also the squirrels. We have some pretty chubby squirrels here. I'm not used to people asking questions about my nuts. Hope you didn't see me blush...

Last edited:

All the neighbors come running to gather up a bunch of 'em. Also the squirrels. We have some pretty chubby squirrels here. I'm not used to people asking questions about my nuts. Hope you didn't see me blush...

LOL, come on Drac its just the blood rushing to your head. :eek:

:lol:

Walnut tree leaves...

Well if it really wants to go. Besides how would you stop it?
(Did you tell it we haven't seen any Entwives around here either?)

When we were kids we'd gather up walnuts and have a fight. Maybe 10 on a side. We'd hide behind trees or logs and just toss away. Kinda like a snowball fight.

Then we figured out how to drill holes in the things, stuff in a firecracker and light. Bam- walnut grenade.

Forum List

Back