Walmart's New Health Care Policy Shifts Burden To Medicaid, Obamacare

You have to love these people..they WERE WARNED this would happen, then act all SCHOCKED when it does..

YOU VOTED for it now friggen deal with it

Walmart is just following obummers plan of getting more and more people dependent on government. The more people who depend on government the more votes for the democrats.

Maybe Obama can swoop in for the Unions and take over Walmart...they can call it, ObamaMart

That's a curious spin on the fact that misguided, lefting government policy is forcing many businesses to cut back or end their participation in health care plans for their employees. You do understand that Obamacare forces businesses and individuals to buy Cadillac health care plans and doesn't allow them to buy minimal, high-deductible plans that they can afford, right? That's going to make it a lot more expensive to get health insurance. So naturally a lot of businesses are just going to opt to pay the fine and drop their coverage. Nice work, Obama.

Thanks to Obamacare, you can't even buy child-only health insurance anymore, because Obama and the Dems decided that parents should not have the option of just ensuring their kids and should be forced to get coverage on themselves. And also thanks to Obamacare you can no longer use FSA funds to buy OTC drugs and the OTC max contribution is being cut in half, which will hurt people who've been using FSA funds to pay for costly treatment for chronic conditions.

Last edited:
No one is forced to shop nor work at WalMart. Shoppers shop there to save money, workers work there to make it. If they don't want to, they are free to go elsewhere. What the hell is the problem?

No genius. There will be LESS available care.
No one is going to go to medical school and then work a two year internship followed by a two year residency before they can make real money so that they can pay off their student loans and enormous medical malpractice premiums when the federal government is going to tell them how much their earnings will be.

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth:

More students want to be doctors than ever before
A record number of students applied to medical school in 2012 according to new data from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Applications have risen over the past decade, growing more quickly over the past few years than they did in the mid-2000s.

doctors.jpg

:confused: The only stats that matter would be the ones since Obamacare idiot. What the hell does 02 to 09 have to do with anything? Probably since the Supreme Court decision will be the best indicator

Last edited:
Apparently you don't know much about Costco.

I wonder why Costco is borrowing money in order to pay a $7 a share dividend before the end of the year.

It is really curious how none of the major media types that call out Romney for avoiding taxes aren't jumping all over the rich board members of Costco who voted themselves a bonus sans tax increases.

Gives us some "credible" proof and links to back up your claims.

Idiot.

Costco pays special 'fiscal cliff' dividend to investors - CSMonitor.com
Review & Outlook: Costco's Dividend Tax Epiphany - WSJ.com
Costco will pay cash dividend of $7 per share
Costco to pay special $3 billion dividend - Nov. 28, 2012

Costco will spend $3 billion to pay a special dividend of $7 per share next month ahead of higher tax rates that may kick in come January.

Many companies are making special end-of-year dividend payments or moving up their quarterly payouts because investors will have to pay higher taxes on dividend income starting in 2013, unless Congress and President Barack Obama reach a compromise on taxes and government spending.

More: Costco Special Cash Dividend: Retailer To Pay Shareholders Early To Avoid Fiscal Cliff Tax Boost

Makes sense to me...

Probably because it's not a jobs bill. It's just another boondoggle spending bill that Obama will use as a slush fund to bribe voters with.

You mean like the 20% tax cut that Romney was offering in order to get the rich to vote for him. That sounded like a bribe to me. Of course it magically would not cause an increase in the deficit because you can cut taxes and reduce the deficit - just ask George W. Bush. Of wait, that resulted in the largest deficit in US history.

When Republicans talk about tax cuts for the rich, it's rewarding the strivers, even if the tax cuts are paid for with money borrowed from the Chinese. When Walmart workers get food stamps because they can't feed their families on the minimum wage they get, they're shiftless n'eer do wells sucking on the public teat.

Sadly, while Walmart divied up their campaign contributions between both candidates, with Romney getting slightly more than Obama, Walmart employees contributed the bulk of their money to Romney. Talk about voting for the wrong guy to protect their interests. Romney even said "I don't care about those people" and Walmart workers are definitely among the 47% of Americans who rely upon "entitlements" to survive.

And no, Michelle Obama did NOT sit on the Walmart Board of Directors. She did work with the company on her healthy eating initiative, but she is not otherwise connected to the company.
Oh get the fuck out of town. None of what you posted here is real world.
Anyone who looks to government as their Lord and savior lacks any credibility.
Obama voters were concerned with one issue. Entitlements.
They voted out of fear. Their fear was the irrational belief their free shit was going to be jeopardized.
Now you are stuck with your choice.
Go ahead an pull the audio from the quote you posted and link it here.
You people are parasites. You have no interests other than your greed for the results of other people's work.

This is what you wanted. Why are you complaining?

Hey now, I know a lot of Democrats who hated Obamacare just as much as any conservative.

But, like any other minority voice, they've been drowned out.

Personally (I've said it before and I'll say it again), I think Obamacare is a great idea, but for one, its execution is flawed at the least, and secondly, simply hiking taxes on the rich and cutting spending here and there won't pay for it.

Until we get more people working and paying taxes, it's simply not viable yet.

Maybe you could ask Boehner why he hasn't held a vote on Obama's jobs bill - the American Jobs Act?

jobs-bill-vote_not-1.jpg

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

gop-jobs-TS_n.jpg

o-gold.jpg

Government cannot create jobs. It is not the business of government to become involved in the private sector other than to get the fuck out of the way.
Jobs bill? Yeah, to create more public employment. Unionized public employment. Very expensive, redundant and unproductive government employment.

Costco is a great company. Walmart is shit.

Look for Costco to do similar, they want to stay profitable. They may try to delay it awhile, but they aren't fools. No company is. We're all screwed. Some of us told you so.

Apparently you don't know much about Costco.

How can you see your keyboard while your head is buried in dirt?
Many businesses large and small will look for ways to bail out of Obamacare.
The surprise is your objections. You should be elated that employers are pointing their employees to the government exchange doorway.
This is what you people wanted. This is what you voted for. Now you're pissed off.
No surprise there.

Hey now, I know a lot of Democrats who hated Obamacare just as much as any conservative.

But, like any other minority voice, they've been drowned out.

Personally (I've said it before and I'll say it again), I think Obamacare is a great idea, but for one, its execution is flawed at the least, and secondly, simply hiking taxes on the rich and cutting spending here and there won't pay for it.

Until we get more people working and paying taxes, it's simply not viable yet.

Maybe you could ask Boehner why he hasn't held a vote on Obama's jobs bill - the American Jobs Act?

jobs-bill-vote_not-1.jpg

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

gop-jobs-TS_n.jpg

o-gold.jpg

Government cannot create jobs. It is not the business of government to become involved in the private sector other than to get the fuck out of the way.
Jobs bill? Yeah, to create more public employment. Unionized public employment. Very expensive, redundant and unproductive government employment.

You're wasting your breath on the cartoon poster..that one never thinks for itself

Probably because it's not a jobs bill. It's just another boondoggle spending bill that Obama will use as a slush fund to bribe voters with.

Really, finger boy? Have you ever read it...?

The $800 billion that disappeared into thin air for the first two stimulus is a great indicator that any so called jobs bill will simply create more debt.
No thanks.

Really, finger boy? Have you ever read it...?

The $800 billion that disappeared into thin air for the first two stimulus is a great indicator that any so called jobs bill will simply create more debt.
No thanks.

That stimulus helped prevent the Great Bush Depression. I doubt Fox told you that.

Or Walmart could just lay off workers like thousands of other companies across the states. Isn't this what the liberals want? Now the Dems can raise taxes on the wealthy and make them pay for everyone's health care.

I hope all the Chinese importers like Walmart lay off everyone & go out of business. Repubtards enjoy subsidizing Walmart with $10 billion of our hard earned tax payer dollars every year. My taxes would plummet if those assholes went under.

Last edited:
Im heading to Cosco today to get a membership. And I only buy food at Whole Foods.

Fuck WalMart. Im done with them for good.

I am sure Walmart will survive your absence. You haven't been listening to what large and small businesses have been saying. Expect it

Has anyone else noticed the medical schools being filled with many more foriegn students and less American born? I know many hospitals you go to now you have to get a nurse to interpet what the doctors says in many cases. I have a few friends that are doctors and I have discussed the Obama care thing with them. Ask your doctor what he thinks.

To head off the race phobia guys I do not have a problem with foriegn students attending our medical schools but I am troubled with there being fewer and fewer American born students. One doctor friend of mine told me that standards are being lowered considerably. Perhaps it doesn't matter as machinary and testing does a lot more work for them today.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the medical schools being filled with many more foriegn students and less American born? I know many hospitals you go to now you have to get a nurse to interpet what the doctors says in many cases. I have a few friends that are doctors and I have discussed the Obama care thing with them. Ask your doctor what he thinks.

To head off the race phobia guys I do not have a problem with foriegn students attending our medical schools but I am troubled with there being fewer and fewer American born students. One doctor friend of mine told me that standards are being lowered considerably. Perhaps it doesn't matter as machinary and testing does a lot more work for them today.

I have friends in Canada tell me there are very few doctors that are actually Canadian.
The same thing will happen in the US once the federal government grabs hold of the health care system.

New Topics

Forum List

Back