Walmart Petition Against Obamacare?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Today I was asked to sign petition urging Walmart to raise its wages and not cut employee hours. I asked if the latter was due to Obamacare and the person with the petition admitted that Obamacare's effect on work hours was a bigger problem for employees than the wage issue. Way to go, Mr. President!

Oh puh-lese.

:bsflag:

Oh puh-lese keep posting your mindless comments. They serve as a reminder of how dumbfounded and nasty liberals become when presented with facts or logic.
Not really taking sides on this discussion, but the OPs comments are a lot more informative than any defense the liberals have been able to muster it up -

I take that to be the white flag of surrender

bsflag.gif

Boycott WAL MART and all other totally irresponsible sociopathic corporations.
We do NOT NEED the vast majority of the consumerist crap that is being sold in the shops. While we are at it ,stay home on Black Friday and enjoy time with your families.
Consumerism is NOT sustainable!

Smile ..... .Mother Nature Loves U!

Today I was asked to sign petition urging Walmart to raise its wages and not cut employee hours. I asked if the latter was due to Obamacare and the person with the petition admitted that Obamacare's effect on work hours was a bigger problem for employees than the wage issue. Way to go, Mr. President!

Cool story, bro! I'm going to take your information and call my rep to demand that he vote to repeal the ACA. Thanks for the info!

Cool story, bro! I'm going to take your information and call my rep to demand that he vote to repeal the ACA. Thanks for the info!

You forgot the flag.

wal mart is number one on the fortune 500 list but they wont pay. Number one!!!
Poor wal mart. I guess they just cant afford it especially with a profit for fiscal 2014 of 473.1 billion! A half a trillion...get that?!

Last edited:
Caterpiller at no 49 with 55.7 billion in 2013. Poor company. (crying.....cough, sniff, sniff). Chair man of the board brought home 1.60 million usd.

Corporate all over the world have been given anything they want while wages and bennies for the skilled working have dropped for 40 yrs now while profits soar astronomicly and still, ppl support these co's over the workers! I dont understand how the owner of one of these corporations could shit all over the ppl that actually made the company!

I heard that the wages are so low, workers depend on public assistance anyway.
so either way, the public pays to subsidize the cost, is that true?

wal mart is number one on the fortune 500 list but they wont pay. Number one!!!
Poor wal mart. I guess they just cant afford it especially with a profit for fiscal 2014 of 473.1 billion! A half a trillion...get that?!

What is their ROI (not French)?

I heard that the wages are so low, workers depend on public assistance anyway.
so either way, the public pays to subsidize the cost, is that true?

Yes. It is true and the gov subsidises wages like this.

My take on this, if ANY business that is for profit
routinely pays their workers so little that said workers are on public assistance,
that then indicates that the corporation that is profiting from doing business in this way is cheating the taxpayers, and should be punished by having the public totally boycott said business to make the point that we do not approve.

No, Wal Mart has always screwed with their workers. You can work one week and get 24 to 32 hours and the next week given 10-16 hours.. Who can make a living working for a company that pays like that? I left them after 7 months.. I worked in the warehouse in 1986..

Forum List

Back