Walmart makes promise to cut costs on fruit/veggies

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
The nation's biggest grocery retailer is promising to work with suppliers to reduce the salt and sugar in packaged foods, cut the costs of healthful fruits and vegetables, and develop a logo that consumers can use to choose healthier items.

First Lady Michelle Obama joined Walmart on Thursday as the retail giant announced a plan to make thousands of its food products more nutritious — a move supported by her campaign to reduce childhood obesity.

Walmart is promising to work with suppliers to reduce the salt and sugar in packaged foods, cut the costs of healthful fruits and vegetables, and develop a logo that consumers can use to choose healthier items. As part of its five-year plan, the company will also build stores in areas not already served by groceries.

Sounds like a "win-win" to me! :thup:

First Lady Lauds Walmart's Push For Healthful Food | 89.3 KPCC

TM's head is going asplode.

Michelle Obama, good. WalMart, bad. Obama, good. Walmart, bad. O, good. WM, bad. Good. Bad. Good. Bad. GOOD. BAD. GOOD. BAD. GOOD. BAD.

:blowup:

You mean that evil megacorp WalMart is going to force their suppliers to change their contents!
Outrageous, just another example of leftist Marxism!

I am all for anything that can help people make healthier choices with the foods they eat.

Actually taking the salt and surgar out make the food more bland and the people will just buy other brands. As to cost, the producers have been absorbing the increase of matial costs for the last 2 years and their margin is very slim. I cannot see anything there but more consumer price increases. It is nice to say they are working towards that goal but the weather is a determining factor on food prices. Slim product, high prices, lot of product, low prices.

Now if wal mart would stop selling Little Debbie cakes and such....

I had my housekeeper pick me up some LIttle Debbie Pecan Spins today ;)

About time she thinks of the real people in this country. I hope it makes walmart carry a bigger selection of fresh produce of a higher quality.

And snaps to MO and two thumbs up for not bowing to the unions on not supporting and helping to promot a NON union shop.

New Topics

Forum List

Back