Walmart is raising its minimum wage and handing out tax cut bonuses

I'm sure it does to those thousand people.

Why don't you go out and tell them their plight "means nothing". Rotsa ruck.
They'll go look for another job. Wells fargo is closing banks. Ford laid off 10% of it's work force last summer. Things change. Jobs close, jobs open. That's the way the world goes round, always has, always will.

No shit Sherlock.

I reported on Mal-Wart's layoffs, complementing what another poster noted about stores closing.
Is the information true or is it not?

Actually my link stating "more than 1000" may be understating. Not sure if it's part of Mick's link or separate, but his link notes "The company would not provide a list of the specific locations that will be closed or the number of employees that would be impacted, but public filings examined by USA TODAY revealed that at least 3,802 workers will be affected".

Yes, the information is true, but it's meaningless. I understand some people want us all to wring our hands and cast disparaging remarks about how bad this is and blame republicans and Trump, but like I said, it's the way things work. Jobs close, jobs open. Anything else, Dr. Watson.

I posted nothing "disparaging"; nor did I mention any political parties or people. I simply reported a fact. It would appear the only hand-wringing is in your hands.
Okay, then your post is even more meaningless than I first suggested.

Again ---- it's not meaningless to 3802 soon-to-be-unemployed people.

And here we are again back at square one.

They'll go look for another job. Wells fargo is closing banks. Ford laid off 10% of it's work force last summer. Things change. Jobs close, jobs open. That's the way the world goes round, always has, always will.

No shit Sherlock.

I reported on Mal-Wart's layoffs, complementing what another poster noted about stores closing.

Actually my link stating "more than 1000" may be understating. Not sure if it's part of Mick's link or separate, but his link notes "The company would not provide a list of the specific locations that will be closed or the number of employees that would be impacted, but public filings examined by USA TODAY revealed that at least 3,802 workers will be affected".

Yes, the information is true, but it's meaningless. I understand some people want us all to wring our hands and cast disparaging remarks about how bad this is and blame republicans and Trump, but like I said, it's the way things work. Jobs close, jobs open. Anything else, Dr. Watson.

I posted nothing "disparaging"; nor did I mention any political parties or people. I simply reported a fact. It would appear the only hand-wringing is in your hands.

Again, now you're repeating yourself. The layoffs at Walmart are of no more consequence than the layoffs at Ford, Wells Fargo, K Mart, Sears, etc. Again, people get laid off and go find new jobs, which has been happening in civilized society for quite some time now. Yaaaawwwwwnnnnnn.

No shit Sherlock.

Again, now you're repeating yourself. The layoffs at Walmart are of no more consequence than the layoffs at Ford, Wells Fargo, K Mart, Sears, etc. Again, people get laid off and go find new jobs, which has been happening in civilized society for quite some time now. Yaaaawwwwwnnnnnn.

Once AGAIN, no shit Sherlock. We all know how the world works already. What I and Mick posted were specifics about a specific business. The same business that is the topic of this thread. You've already acknowledged those specifics are true. So --- that's it. Ain't rocket surgery.

Last edited:

Once AGAIN, no shit Sherlock. We all know how the wordl works already. What I and Mick posted were specifics about a specific business. The same business that is the topic of this thread. You've already acknowledged those specifics are true. So --- that's it. Ain't rocket surgery.
Once Again, so what Dr. Watson. The economy is booming and jobs are being created by the thousands every day. You tried to make something here and it didn't work. Ain't rocket surgery. That's it. Move along. The economy is booming and the people being laid off will find new jobs. You're beating a dead horse.

Once AGAIN, no shit Sherlock. We all know how the wordl works already. What I and Mick posted were specifics about a specific business. The same business that is the topic of this thread. You've already acknowledged those specifics are true. So --- that's it. Ain't rocket surgery.
Once Again, so what Dr. Watson. The economy is booming and jobs are being created by the thousands every day. You tried to make something here and it didn't work. Ain't rocket surgery. That's it. Move along. The economy is booming and the people being laid off will find new jobs. You're beating a dead horse.

Once AGAIN this thread isn't about "the economy". It's about Mal-Wart's standing within it. And that's what my link was about. As well as the posts previous to mine.

And there ain't a damn thing in the world you can do about that.

Once AGAIN this thread isn't about "the economy". It's about Mal-Wart's standing within it. And that's what my link was about. As well as the posts previous to mine.

Nothing you can do about the fact people get laid off every day and find jobs every day. Still beating that dead horse.

Nothing you can do about the fact people get laid off every day and find jobs every day. Still beating that dead horse.

Once AGAIN -- I made no allusion to "doing" anything about it or taking any action at all. I simply reported a report. And there's STILL nothing you can do about that.

Once AGAIN -- I made no allusion to "doing" anything about it or taking any action at all. I simply reported a report. And there's STILL nothing you can do about that.
Yes, you repeated a story. Good job. Next.....

No, I posted it for the first time here. And apparently it chaps your ass. Go complain to Mal-Wart.

No, I posted it for the first time here. And apparently it chaps your ass. Go complain to Mal-Wart.
I heard about it long before you posted it. Go pick a fight with someone on you own level, a retarded glow worm. G'nite.

I heard about it long before you posted it. Go pick a fight with someone on you own level, a retarded glow worm. G'nite.

I wasn't posting for you. Actually I never even heard of you until you came yammering in with a hissyfit. Sorry to be the one to break this but the solar system actually does not spin around you. K?

Know what I do when I see something posted that I already know about?

Nothing.

Duh.

From one free market capitalist/libertarian to you. You're welcome. :)

Walmart's minimum wage will go up in February because of new tax plan

Walmart is raising its minimum wage and handing out tax cut bonuses because of the new Republican tax law.

The retail company said the wage hike to $11 an hour would roll out in February. Employees are also getting a one-time bonus of up to $1,000.

Walmart (WMT) previously raised its minimum pay for most employees to $10 an hour in 2015. As of December, the average pay for full-time workers was $13 an hour.

"Today, we are building on investments we've been making in associates, in their wages and skills development," Walmart president and CEO Doug McMillon said in a news release. "It's our people who make the difference and we appreciate how they work hard to make every day easier for busy families."

He added that "tax reform gives us the opportunity to be more competitive globally and to accelerate plans for the U.S."
This is as stupid as Dan Quayle saying that a help wanted sign in the door of a Burger King was "proof" that the economy was "recovering."
/----/ Ahhhh the hypocrisy of the Leftards:
Pelosi slams company bonuses as 'crumbs' despite once praising $40 tax cut
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday slammed President Trump’s tax reform that led to companies giving as large as $2,000 bonuses as “crumbs,” despite praising Obama-era $40 tax cut to workers as a “victory for America” in 2011.
Pelosi slams company bonuses as 'crumbs' despite once praising $40 tax cut

Shutting down stores as well. There is a balance to be met.

It's only for the new hire. If you started 2 years ago, you would probably have started at 10 an hour. In two years, you would have received two 40 cent raises. That means that the new hire is now making more than the 2 year employee. 11 an hour sounds real good but it's going to be for 20 hours or less a week. Every time Walley World gets caught up with some bad press, they always use this ruse. Bad Press happens every year from Walley Worlds world.

Another reason they are doing this is that Target has already increased to 11 an hour but have given the people working for them that are not new hires a raise to compensate. Target has already announced that later on, they are increasing new hires to 15 an hour. It appears Target has gone after the decent workers that are currently with Walmart and Walley World is using the same time old scam to make themselves look better than they are and trying poorly to retain those workers.

There is a saying I came up with decades ago. If you are going to pay minimum wage, you will get minimum workers doing minimum work.

Did I mention that that raise is only for the Metro Area Jobs? The Metro jobs usually pays anywhere from 1 to 2 bucks more an hour than the smaller towns. For instance, Denver and Grand Junction have a current starting pay of 10 an hour. But Glenwood Springs has a starting wage of 9. It costs much more to live in Glenwood Springs than either Denver or Grand Junction. Also, did they leave out that the annual bonuses that are given directly connected with profit and loss?

Now, let's look at Avon, Colorado Walmart. It's about 5 miles outside of Vail, Co, a major ski resort area. They still pay the 9 bucks an hour. But they don't really care about the extreme cost of living there for the employees. You think NYC has a high rent, you never tried to live around Vail. The primary worker is a H-1B employee from either south of the border which are spanish speakers or West Africa which are French Speakers. Many don't even speak english at all. They sleep 15 to a room in shifts. The general attitude of the Management is, "If you don't like it you can go home". Most stay the year and go back home. They save in ways that would make your head spin so they can have money to return and get a good start in their own country. The Avon Store is one of the most profitable Walmarts in creation. They could afford to pay much more but won't. And the workers won't see on thin dime of that 11 bucks an hour.

Forum List

Back