WalMart Cut $1Billion Food Prices System Wide

Feb 9, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Now that I am back inside the US, here in Las Cruces, New Mexico, I had the intriguing pleasure (stunned shock*) of shopping at WalMart (WallyWorld) for the first time in my life, since it is around the corner here and easy to get to.

When shopping there I had noticed that the prices are good, but several Latin stores close by are much cheaper. Well, with this, which took effect here in NM 2 days ago:

Wal-Mart Plans To Reduce Grocery Prices By $1 Billion | Fox Business

...I went to WW to shop for my neighbor maiden who is ill, and I also baby sit her kids sometimes when her mom is unavailable, and she needed Tylenol and so ran over there in VEX to pick up a few things for her and myself.

Amazed, WW was so packed that I had to park at the very far outside lane, nearly 1000 feet from the store itself. Every single parking space was taken. It was a mob I had never seen before. There were lines both on the Pharmacy and Grocery side, trying to get into the place. Solid people.

As I was cruising by the 2nd time to find a parking place closer, many of the security folks and greeters were outside the store stopping rigs and asking what one was shopping for. I said Tylenol. The guy had me pull beside the store where the extra shopping carts are stored, the idea is to get me close, but really to get me in and out, quick, due to the fact I had just a few items to get.

Stunned, I noted the prices were so cheap it reminded me of the prices we all used to see back in the late 80s and early 90s. Example: one gallon of real orange juice-$1.

It was so crowded they even had the greeter guys in the isles directing human traffic also. I was stunned some more. I stopped and stared at the debacle.

Three things occured to me from an archaeologist view point:

1. The amazing reach of 1 billion dollars, and this was one store among many in NM, not to mention the $1bn cut is countrywide.

2. The desperation of people trying to feed themselves.

3. This nation was built and became the greatest enterprise the world has ever seen on:

Abundant money/income
Cheap food
Cheap energy
Cheap taxes
Cheap commodities
Abundant work/jobs

As many many posters here have correctly pointed out, how little a $100 goes now, and the fact it is a nation of hyperinflation and the fact the press lies so bad about how good we are doing, etc, etc. that, we are so very fucked as a nation state, in reality.

We are in trouble and little by little it sneaks up and stares at you in the face and you go, WTF? Then, next, you realize it hit home, its real, its not a lie, and its really really creepy. Then, you say to yourself, what is happening to us?

The tragedy of a failed, lying adminstration and adelusional congress. $15,500,000,000,000 and counting.......

*On a lighter note, if you have never seen this, do so..............stunning in its repose, indeed:

(The People of WalMart)
Funny Pictures at WalMart

3679.jpg

The latter, enjoy.......

Robert

I'm curious- this being your first Wal Mart experience... what did you think of how the place smelled?

I swear they all smell exactly the same.

Why wouldn't they? They're all built with the same materials, and stocked with the same inventories.

All Home Depots smell the same too.

• Banned
I'm curious- this being your first Wal Mart experience... what did you think of how the place smelled?

God, what a post. Yes Yes Yes, when I first went in one when I first got to Las Cruces to live, 2 years ago, that is what I noticed first: the smell. The two we have here in Las Cruces are also the same smell. Wow...

Fun reply, thank you.

Robert

God, what a post. Yes Yes Yes, when I first went in one when I first got to Las Cruces to live, 2 years ago, that is what I noticed first: the smell. The two we have here in Las Cruces are also the same smell. Wow...

Fun reply, thank you.

Robert
See my post for the very simple answer to this.

Fun reply, thank you.

Robert

What happened to your donation? dog ate it?

I don't trust Wal-Mart and their "cheap prices" when you cut cost down that means you cut quality down, also I see cheaper products at Winco 9/10 times.

Forum List

Back