Walmart Buying American Made - A Very Patriotic US Company

Fuck Walmart.

That company is entirely driven by simplistic, greed-driven capitalist "ideology" (i.e., fuck everyone else, I got mine).

What store's grocery section DOES NOT carry a majority of made in America items?
But hell, let's all celebrate because it's Walmart?

Guess you have NOT seen the news that China and Mexico are export more and more food to the US!!!

Also did you not see the $50B they plan to spend in Nonperishable US made goods!

In southern california I see a lot of fruits and vegetables from Mexico and Chile. And we're a major agricultural state. Go figure. So we buy their fruit and veggies grown under who knows what conditions, and they buy our nonperishables!
Anybody notice that the TPP negotiations going on right now, aren't getting any headlines? It's because they know that the majority of us, Republican and Democrat voters, aren't happy with all this free trade.

Wal-Mart pledges to hire thousands of veterans and buy more US products over the next decade - The Washington Post

The centerpiece of Wal-Mart’s plan is a pledge to hire veterans, many of who have had a particularly difficult time finding work after coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq. The unemployment rate for veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan stood at 10.8 percent in December, compared with the overall unemployment rate of 7.8 percent.

Wal-Mart said it plans to hire every veteran who wants a job and has been honorably discharged in the first 12 months off active duty. The program, which will start on Memorial Day, will include jobs mostly in Wal-Mart’s stores or in its Sam’s Club locations. Some will be at its headquarters, based in Bentonville, Ark. or the company’s distribution centers.​

The libs aren't going to care about this....they'll just put down our Vets for wanting those jobs at Walmart! Walmart is huge, they hate that! And especially hearing they're actually helping people? No way those evil corporations would do that, they're up to something!

No lib here, but what's the big deal? Made in the USA. Walk in any grocery store and look at the labels.
Oh yeah, that's a nice gesture to hire Vets! :eusa_clap:
Are they going to pay them more than the minimum wage? A living wage would deserve :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

In Michigan our minimum wage is $7.40/hr. It depends on what state you're in, but it ranges from 7.25/hr up to over $9 an hr.

In Your State | MinimumWage.com

Walmart pays vary from minimum wage on up....of course some young person that has no experience is going to start out at minimum...but their wages can go up from there. I did notice in this link that some of the jobs seem to start out under min wage...but i'm sure they have to pay at least what it is in each state.....

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc Employer Wages, Hourly Wage Rate by Job | PayScale

Good news for all you fiscal conservatives. Looks like Walmart may get a government subsidy of close to $10k per veteran hired. So let's say a veteran worked at Walmart for a year for $15k. Walmart is in reality out only $5k. Not bad.

Wal-Mart pledge to hire veterans could garner nearly $1B in tax breaks » The Commercial Appeal

Walmart has long profitted from the generosity of the U.S. government. They pay workers wages that cannot sustain families, and their workers consequently must rely upon government programs to sustain themselves (medicaid, ADC, food stamps, etc.). Now I see they are making hay by saying they are "hiring" vets--and charging the bill, once again, to taxpayers.

Walmart is parasitic.

What store's grocery section DOES NOT carry a majority of made in America items?
But hell, let's all celebrate because it's Walmart?

Guess you have NOT seen the news that China and Mexico are export more and more food to the US!!!

Also did you not see the $50B they plan to spend in Nonperishable US made goods!

The grocery store I frequent carries almost everything not only American but buys a ton from local growers (in season) and farmers.
I pay more than I would at Walmart but then I am supporting Americans and Minnesotans, plus the stores are locally owned. I always try to buy from locally owned businesses who are part of the community. And there are still some Ma & Pa's left despite Walmart. It's called being pro-American and pro-Main Street America!

What grocer is that?

Where do the bananas come from? Where are the strawberries?

You're supporting foreigners unless you ONLY buy these (and hundreds more) in local season.

Good news for all you fiscal conservatives. Looks like Walmart may get a government subsidy of close to $10k per veteran hired. So let's say a veteran worked at Walmart for a year for $15k. Walmart is in reality out only $5k. Not bad.

Wal-Mart pledge to hire veterans could garner nearly $1B in tax breaks » The Commercial Appeal

Walmart has long profitted from the generosity of the U.S. government. They pay workers wages that cannot sustain families, and their workers consequently must rely upon government programs to sustain themselves (medicaid, ADC, food stamps, etc.). Now I see they are making hay by saying they are "hiring" vets--and charging the bill, once again, to taxpayers.

Walmart is parasitic.

By that logic nearly every local retail store is the same. Wal Mart actually pays more on average.

Walmart is parasitic.

too stupid but 100% liberal! Walmart or any company or person will pay half the salary if someone else will freely pick up the remainder.
The states pay half of Medicaid for example because the Feds pick up the remainder. A couple goes on vacation and they split the cost, etc etc.

If libtards have their way companies will pay less and less and government will pay more and more!

Walmart is parasitic.

too stupid but 100% liberal! Walmart or any company or person will pay half the salary if someone else will freely pick up the remainder.
The states pay half of Medicaid for example because the Feds pick up the remainder. A couple goes on vacation and they split the cost, etc etc.

If libtards have their way companies will pay less and less and government will pay more and more!

Too stupid and 100% liberal.. Are these the only types of responses you have for any post? Well, yeah actually. You forgot to mention I.Q. this time.

Walmart is parasitic.

Too stupid and 100% liberal.. Are these the only types of responses you have for any post? Well, yeah actually. You forgot to mention I.Q. this time.

The states pay half of Medicaid for example because the Feds pick up the remainder. Are the states parasitic??A couple goes on vacation and they split the cost, etc etc. Is one parasitic?????????

If libtards have their way companies will pay less and less and government will pay more and more out of the goodness of their eternally bleeding hearts!

Forum List

Back