Walmart Buying American Made - A Very Patriotic US Company

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
The source I took is Huffingglue Post, since they're anti-capitalist scum. So a positive Walmart article is new for them.

Second look at the positives Walmart does. I am glad I shop there!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/walmart-buy-american_n_2479636.html

Article states:
(1) 55% of Walmarts sales are in food, perishable home and beauty products which are overwhelmingly made domestically!

Last year, 55 percent of Walmart U.S. sales came from groceries like food and drinks as well as health and beauty products, household goods such as paper towels, and pet supplies. Many of the items are typically sourced locally.

(2) Walmart claims 2/3 of the items in their stores are either made or sourced in America!

But Walmart's U.S. unit says about two-thirds of the goods it buys to sell in its stores are made, sourced from or grown in the United States, citing data from its suppliers.

(3) Walmart has announced a campaign to increase Made in America purchase to the tune of $50 Billion!!!

Wal-Mart Stores Inc will buy an additional $50 billion in U.S.-made goods over the next decade in areas like sporting goods and high-end appliances in what the world's largest retailer called a bid to help boost the U.S. economy.

(4) Only 7% of it's sales come foreign made appliances.

Only 7 percent of Walmart U.S. sales were of apparel, jewelry and accessories, which retailers typically get from lower-cost countries.

(5) Lastly, making an effort to hire 100K veterans! If your a vet you just go in and they hire you!!!!

Along that line, the company said starting on Memorial Day in May, it plans to hire 100,000 U.S. veterans over five years, a move supported by First Lady Michelle Obama.

(6) Salaries as bad as advertised?

Depending on the time of year, there are anywhere from 15,000 to 50,000 job postings at Walmart. The company said it promotes about 170,000 people each year to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.

About 75 percent of its store management started as hourly associates, and now earn an average of $50,000 to $170,000 a year. The highest earning store manager last year made more than $250,000. Wal-Mart has repeatedly claimed its pay and benefits are in the top half of the retail industry.

Last edited:
My wife and I are making an effort to minimize our "WalMart Footprint" and stay away from them as much as possible. We've decided that WalMart from now on will be the "Store of Last Resort".

My wife and I are making an effort to minimize our "WalMart Footprint" and stay away from them as much as possible. We've decided that WalMart from now on will be the "Store of Last Resort".

Why? You think any of the other place you choose to go to aren't doing the same thing?

If Wal Mart is going to start selling union made crap, they have lost me as a customer.

Wal-Mart pledges to hire thousands of veterans and buy more US products over the next decade - The Washington Post

The centerpiece of Wal-Mart’s plan is a pledge to hire veterans, many of who have had a particularly difficult time finding work after coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq. The unemployment rate for veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan stood at 10.8 percent in December, compared with the overall unemployment rate of 7.8 percent.

Wal-Mart said it plans to hire every veteran who wants a job and has been honorably discharged in the first 12 months off active duty. The program, which will start on Memorial Day, will include jobs mostly in Wal-Mart’s stores or in its Sam’s Club locations. Some will be at its headquarters, based in Bentonville, Ark. or the company’s distribution centers.​

The only reason Wal-Mart starts up with this "Buy AMerican" bullshit act every now and then is to get their foreign suppliers to lower their prices.

Your such and ignorant and uneducated negro! Read before you flap those lips!

Article states:
(1) 55% of Walmarts sales are in food, perishable home and beauty products which are overwhelmingly made domestically!
Last year, 55 percent of Walmart U.S. sales came from groceries like food and drinks as well as health and beauty products, household goods such as paper towels, and pet supplies. Many of the items are typically sourced locally.
(2) Walmart claims 2/3 of the items in their stores are either made or sourced in America!

Quote:
But Walmart's U.S. unit says about two-thirds of the goods it buys to sell in its stores are made, sourced from or grown in the United States, citing data from its suppliers.

(4) Only 7% of it's sales come foreign made electronic appliances.

Bahaha. Yeah Walmart is as patriotic as far as their cheapest supplier goes.

See above 2/3 of their sales are of Made in America products aka food, paper towels, medicine, shampoo, soap etc. Now they are going to increase that more! Good for them and shame on you!

On a visit to the Marine Corps Museum I purchased a neat coffee mug which was inscribed with a saying by WW1 Marine hero Dan Daily. Yeah, you guessed it, it was made in China. When the Klintons decided that every member of the Army should look like a Green Beret the first bunch of Black Berets were made in , you guessed it, China.

Wal-Mart pledges to hire thousands of veterans and buy more US products over the next decade - The Washington Post

The centerpiece of Wal-Mart’s plan is a pledge to hire veterans, many of who have had a particularly difficult time finding work after coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq. The unemployment rate for veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan stood at 10.8 percent in December, compared with the overall unemployment rate of 7.8 percent.

Wal-Mart said it plans to hire every veteran who wants a job and has been honorably discharged in the first 12 months off active duty. The program, which will start on Memorial Day, will include jobs mostly in Wal-Mart’s stores or in its Sam’s Club locations. Some will be at its headquarters, based in Bentonville, Ark. or the company’s distribution centers.​

The libs aren't going to care about this....they'll just put down our Vets for wanting those jobs at Walmart! Walmart is huge, they hate that! And especially hearing they're actually helping people? No way those evil corporations would do that, they're up to something!

The libs aren't going to care about this....they'll just put down our Vets for wanting those jobs at Walmart! Walmart is huge, they hate that! And especially hearing they're actually helping people? No way those evil corporations would do that, they're up to something!

No lib here, but what's the big deal? Made in the USA. Walk in any grocery store and look at the labels.
Oh yeah, that's a nice gesture to hire Vets! :eusa_clap:
Are they going to pay them more than the minimum wage? A living wage would deserve :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

What store's grocery section DOES NOT carry a majority of made in America items?
But hell, let's all celebrate because it's Walmart?

Guess you have NOT seen the news that China and Mexico are export more and more food to the US!!!

Also did you not see the $50B they plan to spend in Nonperishable US made goods!

What store's grocery section DOES NOT carry a majority of made in America items?
But hell, let's all celebrate because it's Walmart?

Guess you have NOT seen the news that China and Mexico are export more and more food to the US!!!

Also did you not see the $50B they plan to spend in Nonperishable US made goods!

The grocery store I frequent carries almost everything not only American but buys a ton from local growers (in season) and farmers.
I pay more than I would at Walmart but then I am supporting Americans and Minnesotans, plus the stores are locally owned. I always try to buy from locally owned businesses who are part of the community. And there are still some Ma & Pa's left despite Walmart. It's called being pro-American and pro-Main Street America!

Bahaha. Yeah Walmart is as patriotic as far as their cheapest supplier goes.

See above 2/3 of their sales are of Made in America products aka food, paper towels, medicine, shampoo, soap etc. Now they are going to increase that more! Good for them and shame on you!

What is your point? Many of those things are made and cheaper to obtain here. If they could get paper towels cheaper from China they would.

Forum List

Back