Walmart arrest; racist or not?

Arrest at Walmart triggers charges of racism - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

ST. LOUIS - Nearly three years after Heather Ellis switched checkout lines at a southeast Missouri store and touched off what she calls a racially charged dispute with white customers and authorities, the young black schoolteacher faces a trial that could send her to prison for 15 years.

Witnesses have told authorities that Ellis cut in front of waiting customers at the Walmart in Kennett on Jan. 6, 2007, shoved merchandise already placed on a conveyor belt out of the way, and became belligerent when confronted, according to court filings.

Ellis maintains she was merely joining her cousin, whose checkout line was moving more quickly. She claimed in a written complaint to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that she was then pushed by a white customer, hassled by store employees, called racial slurs and physically mistreated by Kennett police officers.

whose standards should be used? beligerence and disrespect of authority seem to be pretty ingrained in black culture. should we just accept a lower standard of behaviour? or should we defend standards that lead to civilized and amiable neighbourhoods?

I see this behavior all the time in the South. It's just another side effect of the 'Entitlement Generation', especially with blacks. The way I have to explain it to my kids is that the black family unit is almost non-existent and most are never taught proper behavior at home because the father is usually absent and the mother doesn't have time or doesn't care to teach her children right from wrong.

She was a nasty black self entitled bitch. Nobody collabaorated her story, yet there were plenty of people who saw what she did. Her church is holding a benefit to raise money for her. Fuck Her!

If it was up to liberals, jail would be a place for white people only. In their eyes, that would equal a "progressive" society. Holding people "accountable" for their actions, if they are a minority(especially black), isn't the liberal way!

Still...the law isn't always fair...that's all I'm saying.

Obviously this woman has stayed out of trouble since she was twenty-one, how does society benefit from putting her in jail?
I almost threw up in my mouth reading your liberal, pussy point of view.

"how does society benefit from putting her in jail?"

In order to enforce laws, you have to setup consequences for them. It sets the example, that you will be held accountable for your illegal actions. You can't assault people and get away with it. Resisting arrest in itself is usual assault. Most of the time, resisting arrest includes the officer being slapped, pushed, or physically confronted in some way.

You have "Scared white guy" written all over you!
Excellent! I'll try harder next time.
Unfortunately, people like you don't have to try. "Scared White Guy Syndrome" is strong in you, and incurable. Symptoms include: A Black History Month Calender... A Coolio CD... And constant shouting of the word "racist" at white people.

I've actually seen this very same thing play out in my local walmart. The black woman who tried to cut ahead in line was allowed to do her thing---she raised hell and loudly called everyone not black a racist--but the checker and management let her go to the head of the line. And she wasn't joining anyone. She was just in a gawd-awful hurry and didn't think she should have to wait.

*sigh*

This kind of behavior doesn't surprise me in the least. The black kids at my children's middle school started acting like this when Obama was elected and they flat out told the white kids that they'd "better get used to it, cuz blacks own this country now".

And....so it seems they are right.

Of course that means all black people are this way...because we know that skin color causes this kind of behavior.

I've actually seen this very same thing play out in my local walmart. The black woman who tried to cut ahead in line was allowed to do her thing---she raised hell and loudly called everyone not black a racist--but the checker and management let her go to the head of the line. And she wasn't joining anyone. She was just in a gawd-awful hurry and didn't think she should have to wait.

*sigh*

This kind of behavior doesn't surprise me in the least. The black kids at my children's middle school started acting like this when Obama was elected and they flat out told the white kids that they'd "better get used to it, cuz blacks own this country now".

Of course that means all black people are this way...because we know that skin color causes this kind of behavior.

:lol:

Yeah ignorance is a problem across the races and definately is not limited to Americans who are black.

But ALL white people are racist cause of the kkk don't ya think? :rofl:

*sigh*

Yeah ignorance is a problem across the races and definately is not limited to Americans who are black.

No, I don't think that at all. Do you? (since you are the one who make that statement)

No, I don't think that at all. Do you? (since you are the one who make that statement)

besides the obvious hypocrisy of blaming all whites for slavery(historical, indirect) but not wanting all blacks blamed for highly elevated black crime rate(present day, direct), the point behind the KKK is that the beligerant from the Walmart case is actually using the race card as a defense.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edOO_CMXsOU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 15 years for cutting in line?[/ame]

And lest we forget...blacks were intrumental and necessary for the slave trade to flourish. They are the ones who raided villages and brought the slaves to the coast.

And lest we forget...blacks were intrumental and necessary for the slave trade to flourish. They are the ones who raided villages and brought the slaves to the coast.
What does that have to do with the ones that are Americans?

Oh, right...nothing. It's just Allie pointing out that she can't see beyond race.

Yes....it is good to point that out. Could you refresh our memory on WHY blacks were participating in the slave trade?
To make money (often in the form of guns and other trade goods) why else?
Do you think the New England ship owners outfitted their vessels to carry slaves just to provide workers for the agricultural Southern states? Nope, they too wanted money.

Just like the pushy woman at Walmart, it's all about the cash.

Yes....it is good to point that out. Could you refresh our memory on WHY blacks were participating in the slave trade?
To make money (often in the form of guns and other trade goods) why else?
Do you think the New England ship owners outfitted their vessels to carry slaves just to provide workers for the agricultural Southern states? Nope, they too wanted money.

Just like the pushy woman at Walmart, it's all about the cash.

And we know that it's all about the cash only to people who have dark skin pigment.

Do you think the New England ship owners outfitted their vessels to carry slaves just to provide workers for the agricultural Southern states? Nope, they too wanted money..

And we know that it's all about the cash only to people who have dark skin pigment.

I'm relatively confident that the New England Ship owners I mentioned were lily white.
Same as the Southern Owners.

Forum List

Back