Walmart and Dead Peasants Insurance

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Cammmpbell, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
  2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    Most companies take out insurance to cover the costs of replacing a dead employee. Any time an employee dies, there is an expense in recruiting, hiring and training a replacement.

Now, it wasn't like WalMart was taking out insurance and then arranging for the employee to have a horrific accident. That really would be bad.

3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    What goddam business does anybody have taking out insurance on somebody they pay minimum wage and end up making $80,000 profit. Training a new employee at Walmart? LMAO! I can watch another Walmart employee doing anything they have to do for a week and do the job myself and I'm 77 years old. That shit ain't rocket science. Let's see...let's suppose they hired me to receive and put up stock. After a week it's a no brainer. Check out through an automatic scanner and making change when the amount you should return flashed up in front of you...another no brainer. Working in the auto group might get a little impossible for me for the simple reason I'm too old to do that kind of work but ironically my first real job wen I was 16 was in a full service garage/service station.

The bastards are ripping their employees off and that's what the fat cats want. Not just Walmart...90% of the companies in this country. They won't be satisfied till the middle class in this country has about the same pay and benfits as a worker in Maylasia. The American middle class has disappeared since Reagan began to borrow money from foreign banks and give it to the wealthiest Americans in the form of tax cuts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. Defiant1

Defiant1 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +983
    Why is it your business what anyone or any company does with their money?

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,051
    Again, guy, how many WalMart employees actually die. What does an $80K life insurance policy actually cost? Wal Mart employees 2.1 million people. If they are insuring them at a rate of $1000 each, they'd have to kill 26050 employees off in order to break even.

Now, if you want to discuss the disparity between what working people make vs. what executives make, that's another issue. But honestly, the real problem is ourselves. We all want to get the good paycheck, but how many of us actually go into the store and check where something was made? Heck, no. YOu check what has the cheapest price tag and that is usually the thing made in Malaysia.

Hating WalMart is like a druggie hating his pusher.

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    GOOD!!! If it keeps WalMarts amazingly low prices available for my shopping pleasure, then I say yay for Wally World!!!

And btw, not one damn person is forced to work there.

As for fat boy Moore........how can a man make millions off bitching about the system he made millions from, spend a year whining about the US healthcare system while HE himself can't put down the twinkies and take his OWN healthcare into his own hands be getting his rotund ass in shape?

7. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Michael Moore:

"I got rich off this system...but it sucks!! Tear it down!!"

"I'm fat, and refuse to get in shape....but the system owes me healthcare to take care of the problems I'm gonna have from refusing to be fit!"

I see why the left idolizes this fat piece of garbage so much.

8. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    You don't like it?

Buy Walmart and end the practice. Or you can STFU and mind your own damn business.

9. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    If you buy a lot of products from China-don't bitch about American jobs being shopped over to China.

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    The little scruffy docu-fiction producer told us that Castro had the best health care system on the planet and hollywood seemed to agree except that pretty much no actors who suffered from cancer ever went to Cuba for treatment. The dirty little secret is that Moore's junk is for the ignorant revolutionary masses. The rich left wing liberal elite live in a different world.