Wallenda crosses Niagara Falls the pictures will kill you

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This is just unreal. I've always been a fan of what people call "daredevils" these days., but in the old days we just knew they were talented individuals with a taste for risk taking.:razz:aka going on Ed Sullivan.

I once made my mom cry when I took the brand new Barbie she bought me and I put it on a spinning wheel I constructed out of cardboard and hangers with my Baba's help and threw knives at her.

My dad on the other hand was proud. Barbie kept all her limbs. I almost had a future with Ringling Brothers if my stupid family hadn't forced higher education on me. . :eusa_whistle:

Check out some of the pics. I'll put up a link for the rest. Breathtaking. Just awesome.

article-2160143-13A25A41000005DC-233_964x577.jpg

article-2160143-13A255F9000005DC-393_964x580.jpg

article-2160143-13A271CC000005DC-462_964x381.jpg

article-2160143-13A255A1000005DC-531_964x1041.jpg

Niagara Falls tightrope walk 2012: Walker Nik Wallenda becomes first person to cross | Mail Online

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

what a rush!

Oh and just a quick note for those who have never been to Niagara Falls. The sound of the water is like raging thunder in your ears. It's a sound like no other.

I've been under the Falls, that's a tour to die for and by all means take the Maid of the Mist brings you to the edge. Right up to the edge. If you ever have a chance take the time to go there. It's awesome.

Lucky for me, it was just a Sunday drive growing up in the family who believed in picnics at the Falls.

It will take your breath away to witness the sheer beauty and force that is Niagara Falls.

Been to Niagara once on the Canadian side . My brother had a baseball tournament up there and on our way home the bus made a stop. It was breath taking

Oh and just a quick note for those who have never been to Niagara Falls. The sound of the water is like raging thunder in your ears. It's a sound like no other.

I've been under the Falls, that's a tour to die for and by all means take the Maid of the Mist brings you to the edge. Right up to the edge. If you ever have a chance take the time to go there. It's awesome.

Lucky for me, it was just a Sunday drive growing up in the family who believed in picnics at the Falls.

It will take your breath away to witness the sheer beauty and force that is Niagara Falls.

was born and raised there TD.....and it is a sight to see......

Chinese daredevil tops Wallenda...
:eek:
Chinese tightrope walker Adil Hoshur sets new world record for 1,400m crossing
15th September, 2012 - Chinese tightrope walker Adil Hoshur and two disciples have set a brand new world record for the daredevil pursuit by completing a walk along a wire that stretched for 1,400 metres across a canyon.
The trio tackled the course high above the Dehang canyon in the country's central Hunan Province. Amazingly, they completed the challenge without any safety nets and carried only a balance bar in order to maintain their positions high above the floor below. In fact, they were some 350 metres above the ground, making the activity and achievement all the more remarkable to those who watched from either side.

Pictures showed Mr Hoshur come face to face with one his disciples halfway across the wire and perform a tricky manoeuvre in order to pass. While one tightrope walker laid on his back on the wire, Mr Hoshur stepped on to his chest and across the other side to complete the tense stunt.

Tightrope walking hit the headlines in June this year when a man from the famous Wallenda family of daredevils crossed a 550-metre wire across Niagara Falls. Nik Wallenda braved heavy wind and spray from the water below to complete the iconic and jaw-dropping challenge.

Read more: Chinese tightrope walker Adil Hoshur sets new world record for 1,400m crossing | Metro.co.uk

Forum List

Back